Derek Adams interview

10 hours ago, Peil said:

Wonder if @2426255still thinks he's a misunderstood, underappreciated footballing genius 😉

I don't have notifications turned on @DeeTillEhDeh. I like him as a manager and I posted that in the County thread. I don't think he's a genius, but probably misunderstood. I just think he's very honest and direct which I think is better than the over media trained style.

6 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

I don't have notifications turned on @DeeTillEhDeh. I like him as a manager and I posted that in the County thread. I don't think he's a genius, but probably misunderstood. I just think he's very honest and direct which I think is better than the over media trained style.

Coming out with stuff like Morecambe 'are 100 times better' isn't being honest though. It's hyperbole (it's nonsense even) and you argued he said it to get a reaction. Which implied you didn't think he was being particularly honest either.

Edited by houston_bud

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It's not me, it's you.

Very strong, 'Ross County were shite before I joined, you can't blame me.' Vibes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68224265

Contradicting his recent comments when he was hinting he hadn't done his homework and if he'd known, he might not have taken the job - now the line is he knew how difficult things were at Ross County Football Club and isn't surprised.  As ever, he delivers his "not my fault" message with that trademark smirk on his eminently slappable coupon.

Brings back strong memories of Gary Caldwell's dismal time at Firhill when he was coming out with things like "I played for Scotland, I can't relate to these championship-level players".

31 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Why was @DeeTillEhDehtagged?  Did I miss something?

35 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Coming out with stuff like Morecambe 'are 100 times better' isn't being honest though. It's hyperbole (it's nonsense even) and you argued he said it to get a reaction. Which implied you didn't think he was being particularly honest either.

12 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Contradicting his recent comments when he was hinting he hadn't done his homework and if he'd known, he might not have taken the job - now the line is he knew how difficult things were at Ross County Football Club and isn't surprised.  As ever, he delivers his "not my fault" message with that trademark smirk on his eminently slappable coupon.

Brings back strong memories of Gary Caldwell's dismal time at Firhill when he was coming out with things like "I played for Scotland, I can't relate to these championship-level players".

I think we need to give @2426255 the opportunity to answer these two well considered points. 

44 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

You may just need to accept the L here. This has been disastrous for him and was never likely to be a positive. 

If he’s honest and straightforward then he wouldn’t be misunderstood. And unfortunately if he’s misunderstood by his players then that’s a pretty fundamental leadership issue and it doesn’t really matter if he stands in the changing room and tells them he isn’t a p***k he’s just being honest. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You may just need to accept the L here. This has been disastrous for him and was never likely to be a positive. 

If he’s honest and straightforward then he wouldn’t be misunderstood. And unfortunately if he’s misunderstood by his players then that’s a pretty fundamental leadership issue and it doesn’t really matter if he stands in the changing room and tells them he isn’t a p***k he’s just being honest. 

Just have to agree to disagree then. I like him as a manager. I think he says things as he see them which is imo refreshing. I'm new to Derek Adams so at the start I thought he might be playing 4D chess, but the more I've heard I think he's just being very direct. It's just my opinion which I still hold - i get people don't agree with me, but that's going to happen. 

To answer your point I think he's misunderstood by opposition fans and myself initially obviously. I don't think McGregor or his players don't understand him or the County fans. Things aren't going well just now, but it doesn't make him a bad manager imo.

1 minute ago, 2426255 said:

Just have to agree to disagree then. I like him as a manager. I think he says things as he see them which is imo refreshing. I'm new to Derek Adams so at the start I thought he might be playing 4D chess, but the more I've heard I think he's just being very direct. It's just my opinion which I still hold - i get people don't agree with me, but that's going to happen. 

To answer your point I think he's misunderstood by opposition fans and myself initially obviously. I don't think McGregor or his players don't understand him or the County fans. Things aren't going well just now, but it doesn't make him a bad manager imo.

Hes a weirdo who changes his opinion constantly and berates anyone who cant keep up with his bizarre brain.

Thats not me having a personal pop at him, nor me trying to discredit him or anything. Its just what he seems to be, and multiple players who've played under him have said the same.

Hes not a good manager as he cannot adapt to anything other than a perfect squad, and even then hes likely to just wake up one morning, decide half the squad isnt for him and fall out with them.

You only ever want him as manager for a short spell as he'll eventually just burn the entire club and squad out with his personality, fortunately for every other club hes managed it at County in record time. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes a weirdo who changes his opinion constantly and berates anyone who cant keep up with his bizarre brain.

Thats not me having a personal pop at him, nor me trying to discredit him or anything. Its just what he seems to be, and multiple players who've played under him have said the same.

Hes not a good manager as he cannot adapt to anything other than a perfect squad, and even then hes likely to just wake up one morning, decide half the squad isnt for him and fall out with them.

You only ever want him as manager for a short spell as he'll eventually just burn the entire club and squad out with his personality, fortunately for every other club hes managed it at County in record time. 

That's fine mate. We have different opinions on it - there's no right or wrong here.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

County took seven points out of 15 to start his spell and he seems to have lit the match to undermine his squad and rip it all up because an injury-time fluke stopped it being eight.

Even if he is at times a good manager, someone who behaves like that will inevitably run into major trouble quite quickly.

From last night it sounded very much like he's preparing to cut losses and prefer having a 'bad decision to take the wrong job' on his CV than a longer debacle and relegation.

Everyone's a winner if so - St Johnstone and Motherwell have both looked utterly doomed at times this season, there's no reason County cannot yet turn it round as well with the right appointment.

5 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Who knew throwing your players under the bus as you walk through the door was an absolutely atrocious idea?

A masterstroke of a misunderstood genius, apparently.  

Focussing on his interviews misses the point, he recruited badly in the window and brought them in too soon, but over and above that he puts out a team that is disorganised and without any semblance of effective tactics. When things go wrong and he tries to change it, it is at best ineffective and as often makes it worse.

7 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Who knew throwing your players under the bus as you walk through the door was an absolutely atrocious idea?

Tbf that's never ended disastrously in Scottish football before, I mean no one could see that coming. Oh.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Unfortunately for County fans, he's not honest and straightforward. He's a bizarre, odd, angry little goblin.