Derek Adams interview

10 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Just have to agree to disagree then. I like him as a manager. I think he says things as he see them which is imo refreshing. I'm new to Derek Adams so at the start I thought he might be playing 4D chess, but the more I've heard I think he's just being very direct. It's just my opinion which I still hold - i get people don't agree with me, but that's going to happen. 

To answer your point I think he's misunderstood by opposition fans and myself initially obviously. I don't think McGregor or his players don't understand him or the County fans. Things aren't going well just now, but it doesn't make him a bad manager imo.

This aged well.

Dear Roy, it is with great sadness I tender my resignation from the role of manager at Ross county football club. 

The time has come for me to be honest with you and myself that sometimes you find yourself over qualified for a job, and the standard of players simply isn’t good enough or intelligent enough to interpret my sermons. 

Yours sincerely,

Derek 

Quite possibly the worst appointment in Ross County’s history.  Since that interview against Dundee it’s been an utter car crash.   

it started pretty well to be honest, the team looked remarkably more solid and cohesive.  Then BOOM.  He fucked it.

In his last tenure there were issues with Grant Munro, Paul Lawson, Mikey Fraser, Sean Higgins etc but he just hasn’t changed at all. 

So what name will Roy pull out of his tombola now?  His only other signature move is steal someone from Caley.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Do you believe he walked without a pay off?

Yes, otherwise he would have been mutually consented.  

Again, fair play to him.  Deserves credit for putting the club before his own interests.

9 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yes, otherwise he would have been mutually consented.  

Again, fair play to him.  Deserves credit for putting the club before his own interests.

Hes literally only resigned so he can control the narrative and try and scrounge another job down South.

Theres nothing heroic about it.

31 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The only answer to this is Billy Dodds.

Only if the question is "Which hopeless pundit should Radio Scotland get rid of next?"

Actually, that's not fair, there's probably 3 or 4 worse.

42 minutes ago, Loki said:

Quite possibly the worst appointment in Ross County’s history.  Since that interview against Dundee it’s been an utter car crash.   

it started pretty well to be honest, the team looked remarkably more solid and cohesive.  Then BOOM.  He fucked it.

In his last tenure there were issues with Grant Munro, Paul Lawson, Mikey Fraser, Sean Higgins etc but he just hasn’t changed at all. 

So what name will Roy pull out of his tombola now?  His only other signature move is steal someone from Caley.

I think Willie McStay still has him beat, because at least there was that promising start before he brought the whole house of cards down in a hissy fit a 3 year old would be proud of.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

Can't say I paid much attention to Adams during previous tenures. Has he always been this much of a knob?

Well he punched Sean Higgins, one of his own players, during his first time as manager, & has fallen out with plenty of other players for no discernible reason.

I think if you're being generous you'd say he's a figure who can really motivate some folk & absolutely gets up the back of others.