Beith Juniors 2023-2024

8 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Maybe one day Clydebank will have a ground of their own...

Quite happy to share with Yoker and all the other teams that use Holm Park Community Football Academy. Great going down to watch Yoker when Clydebank are away, Clydebank Ladies FC on the Sunday, the odd Unity league game and all the academy teams if they reach the later round of their respective cups.

West Dunbartonshire council, Yoker AFC and Clydebank FC have done a great job with the facility

21 hours ago, clansman said:

Quite happy to share with Yoker and all the other teams that use Holm Park Community Football Academy. Great going down to watch Yoker when Clydebank are away, Clydebank Ladies FC on the Sunday, the odd Unity league game and all the academy teams if they reach the later round of their respective cups.

West Dunbartonshire council, Yoker AFC and Clydebank FC have done a great job with the facility

You'd still prefer grass though wouldn't you and a facility that feels less of a community sports hub and more of a stadium. 

Just now, fieldsofdreams said:

You'd still prefer grass though wouldn't you and a facility that feels less of a community sports hub and more of a stadium. 

Grass isn't possible with so many teams using the place. I'd suggest that Holm Park feels very much like a football stadium. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Grass isn't possible with so many teams using the place. I'd suggest that Holm Park feels very much like a football stadium. 

More reason to have your own ground? None of this ground sharing nonsense. I get it financially when teams can't afford their own grounds however there should be a cut off as to which league they should be allowed in while ground sharing. Clubs that invest in their own parks are at a disadvantage to those using council facilities. West Prem up the way shouldnt be ground sharing imo

1 hour ago, fieldsofdreams said:

More reason to have your own ground? None of this ground sharing nonsense. I get it financially when teams can't afford their own grounds however there should be a cut off as to which league they should be allowed in while ground sharing. Clubs that invest in their own parks are at a disadvantage to those using council facilities. West Prem up the way shouldnt be ground sharing imo

Your point is duly noted

1 hour ago, fieldsofdreams said:

If it’s good enough for inter and Ac Milan I think it’s good enough for this level of football.

Just now, Thejackdaw said:

Naw just naw with this it's always chucked in as a valid reason 😅

Astros no longer good enough for holland league as they look to ban them by 2025 so on that basis are they no longer good enough for the west prem? Just applying the same logic with an irrelevant comparison 

5 minutes ago, fieldsofdreams said:

Astros no longer good enough for holland league as they look to ban them by 2025 so on that basis are they no longer good enough for the west prem? Just applying the same logic with an irrelevant comparison 

Exactly and well said . I would ban astro's entirely and I can't stand watching football on them. 

Fully understand bellsdale has it's flaws with its slope though 😉

Seen plenty cracking games at Beith including a memorable title winning game for Meadow back when we were good plus cup finals and seen very few good games at astros and thats after them pumping us again 5-0 at the weekend.

In 5 years time West of Scotland Premier will be majority astros as teams playing on them have a lot more money to spend on their first team squad excluding well run teams like Talbot & Beith and bank rolled teams like Darvel. Only a matter of time for other teams to go astro as realise it's First or Second Division football or go astro.

Edited by Shannon

9 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Seen plenty cracking games at Beith including a memorable title winning game for Meadow back when we were good plus cup finals and seen very few good games at astros and thats after them pumping us again 5-0 at the weekend.

In 5 years time West of Scotland Premier will be majority astros as teams playing on them have a lot more money to spend on their first team squad excluding well run teams like Talbot & Beith and bank rolled teams like Darvel. Only a matter of time for other teams to go astro as realise it's First or Second Division football or go astro.

Pitch at Glenafton is shockingly uneven and bumpy.Give me an Astro any day over that bobbly washing board.