Beith Juniors 2023-2024

I could guarantee that nobody would choose the best astro over the best grass pitch on offer . 

Take killie fans who are that wee  bit older who watched killie playing on a sublime grass pitch all their days,  there's no way any of these people would give the current plastic pitch the nod over what was like a bowling green back in the day .

Just now, jimbaxters said:

In what way?

I was there for Scotland game in 2005. The upper tier was almost in the clouds, ridiculous climb with a mate who has MS. Was crumbling even though it had been refurbished a mere 15 years earlier for Italia 90. Home fans were attacking each other in the tier below.  Been in much better big stadia ( Millenium, Wembley, Dortmund, Amsterdam ) ... 

29 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I was there for Scotland game in 2005. The upper tier was almost in the clouds, ridiculous climb with a mate who has MS. Was crumbling even though it had been refurbished a mere 15 years earlier for Italia 90. Home fans were attacking each other in the tier below.  Been in much better big stadia ( Millenium, Wembley, Dortmund, Amsterdam ) ... 

I loved it but I've rarely been as steaming as a game in my puff as I was at that visit so it's probably benefiting from that skewed beer goggle perspective. The stairwell was flowing with pish (dropped my ticket in it, gads), the seating was just unmarked benches and good luck locating food and drink. On the he plus side the view from the bottom tier behind the goal was superb. I'm a sucker for a crumbling relic so it was a bucket list ground for me and now it's days are numbered I'm so glad I made it there.

3 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I loved it but I've rarely been as steaming as a game in my puff as I was at that visit so it's probably benefiting from that skewed beer goggle perspective. The stairwell was flowing with pish (dropped my ticket in it, gads), the seating was just unmarked benches and good luck locating food and drink. On the he plus side the view from the bottom tier behind the goal was superb. I'm a sucker for a crumbling relic so it was a bucket list ground for me and now it's days are numbered I'm so glad I made it there.

I can get why you think that ... I was maybe expecting too much

7 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I can get why you think that ... I was maybe expecting too much

My workmate went to the San siro and done the full tour and the history of both milans were presented to him..

Inter milan were and still remain the poor relations of the stadium and people look down their noses at inter within the bowels of the san siro, maybe a little bit like bankies are the poor relations at holm Park....😆😉

Edited by Thejackdaw

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

57 minutes ago, Shanner said:

San Siro is an anachronism but a joyous one to watch a big match in. The third tier is very high but also very cheap and the climb up the big spirals takes a while but it's worth it when you see the view.

Individual seats everywhere now and there are vendors on the go the whole match with snacks and beer. To touch on the topic, they do a great job changing the look of the place between Inter and Milan matches so sharing has worked well, apart from the battering the grass takes (it gets relaid 3 or 4 times a year).

The stadium is well outdated but you can feel sheer football history bleeding from the walls. If you're a football purist, do your best to get here for a match before it disappears. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Yoker for their hospitality on Saturday, a stark reminder and I mean zero disrespect to a visit when we are playing Clydebank. Yoker clearly need more volunteers to help them out and a lot of clubs at this level are a few bad seasons from struggling to operate/compete.

A nice wee touch on entry with the free christmas chocolates and hope they as a club begin to thrive.

Be thankful for the good days while they last as most of us know they don't always last that long for a lot of our clubs. Important to not get too arrogant.