Edinburgh Derby Thread - The Ghost of David Brent Past

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

We've had what feels like 10 years of garbage. It's not his weight to carry but that's the way it goes. Fans getting fed up with it all.

I was less than enamoured with our shit start to the season. I was probably a bit too hasty though. Some  pretty positive performances and results recently.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

6 wins in the last 8 or something and still on trial?

Football fans (and not just hearts fans) are mental sometimes.................

I think it's the opposite.

When you're looking long-term you look past form.

Some people are won over by runs of results, others are not. Hearts have had good results in recent weeks, but I think we've played well in four games all season. To be fair, two of those performances have been the last two games (yesterday wasn't spectacular, but a comfy win against a side we've struggled with that was never really in doubt).

It's reasonable to look at a run of wins and say the coach is doing a good job and back him to stay. It's also reasonable to look at it and remain unconvinced by the performances you're seeing.

I'm laying off him, as the team is winning and you just get on with it. Can't say I'm fully convinced though.

If Hearts finish third this season and there's signs that the team has progressed by the end of the season, then fair enough. I'll put my axe away. We've seen loads of managers have runs of form and still end up being shite.

Edited by VincentGuerin

37 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think it's the opposite.

When you're looking long-term you look past form.

Some people are won over by runs of results, others are not. Hearts have had good results in recent weeks, but I think we've played well in four games all season. To be fair, two of those performances have been the last two games (yesterday wasn't spectacular, but a comfy win against a side we've struggled with that was never really in doubt).

It's reasonable to look at a run of wins and say the coach is doing a good job and back him to stay. It's also reasonable to look at it and remain unconvinced by the performances you're seeing.

I'm laying off him, as the team is winning and you just get on with it. Can't say I'm fully convinced though.

If Hearts finish third this season and there's signs that the team has progressed by the end of the season, then fair enough. I'll put my axe away. We've seen loads of managers have runs of form and still end up being shite.

It must be the season of goodwill to all men, as I cant find anything to argue with here.........

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I was less than enamoured with our shit start to the season. I was probably a bit too hasty though. Some  pretty positive performances and results recently.

Yep, but there was also the AGM recently where the club got a hard time for hiring Naismith from queues of grey haired old men. To be fair, a lot of fans have put in a lot of money and they want to see that the money is being well spent.

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We approached Sky before Monty was appointed to do this commentary thing 

We would have got a one off special episode of The Office if Mr Brent was still in charge. 

What a guy, giving up his Christmas Day to help others. 

I've followed one of the Capital's diddy teams most of my life and the older I get and the more years elapse since the last non-Cheeks team to win the title the more I view the big Derby as being

baldies.jpg.b1eb7fc375a2cfea03729531770d7b8f.jpg

On the other hand seethe, bile, recrimination and injustice is always f*cking funny so crack on lads! 

17 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I've followed one of the Capital's diddy teams most of my life and the older I get and the more years elapse since the last non-Cheeks team to win the title the more I view the big Derby as being

baldies.jpg.b1eb7fc375a2cfea03729531770d7b8f.jpg

On the other hand seethe, bile, recrimination and injustice is always f*cking funny so crack on lads! 

The way this is written implies that your support has not been bestowed exclusively on one team and it has fluctuated between Hearts, Livingston, and Hibs

On 24/12/2023 at 09:24, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I think it is different this time as half the support still haven't taken to Naismith so he is still on trial, some fans just don't trust him

It was the same with Robbie Neilson and Craig Levein. I wonder who was the last manager Hearts fans were completely behind? George Burley maybe?

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

It was the same with Robbie Neilson and Craig Levein. I wonder who was the last manager Hearts fans were completely behind? George Burley maybe?

That German lad that was drunk all the time and got them relegated they pretend was demoted then took the league to court and got laughed at was probably the last dude.