Rovers v Lichties - 30 Dec, 2023

I don't think we've been terrible here, but I think Raith have been streets ahead of us in almost every way.  Better set up, better man for man, playing with much more confidence.  Its just felt like I've been watching us against a higher league team at times.  I feared the worst when Raith had 4 chances in the first 8 minutes, and then we lost ToB, and while we came into the game a bit more after that, I don't think 1-0 is a fair reflection of how much better Raith look.  I think part of it is confidence.  They are playing like a team that is top of the league, and know that they will find a way to win the game, whatever happens.

Also, I've probably commented on this when I've bought Raith streams previously, but their streaming offering is one of the best in the league, if not the best.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I don't think we've been terrible here, but I think Raith have been streets ahead of us in almost every way.  Better set up, better man for man, playing with much more confidence.  Its just felt like I've been watching us against a higher league team at times.  I feared the worst when Raith had 4 chances in the first 8 minutes, and then we lost ToB, and while we came into the game a bit more after that, I don't think 1-0 is a fair reflection of how much better Raith look.  I think part of it is confidence.  They are playing like a team that is top of the league, and know that they will find a way to win the game, whatever happens.

Also, I've probably commented on this when I've bought Raith streams previously, but their streaming offering is one of the best in the league, if not the best.

A very fair and balanced post👏👏👏👍. Greenie incoming 🫡

10 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Very risky of McIntyre to empty the bench of outfield players at half time. Any injuries second half and Ali Adam’s will have to come on outfield.

That was a tense watch, seeing Steele laid out on the pitch!

edited to add, bugger.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

It’s finally come to pass - I predicted this weeks ago. Yet some of our fans still think our squad size is fine.

Mate honestly give it a rest aye, no one thinks this is a good outcome or is happy this is happening ffs.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

It’s finally come to pass - I predicted this weeks ago. Yet some of our fans still think our squad size is fine.

Been saying for years.

Pushed our luck for far too long having such a small squad with no Youth/Reserve side to dip into when things got tough.

Dick and the board have left us with such a threadbare squad and no backup plan.

January cant come quick enough to bring much needed players in.

This is now about survival.  I honestly don't think our performance has been that bad, especially considering the absolute shambles we are in. 

Its partly bad luck, having so many injuries, but at the same time, I was one of those screaming for us to prioritise defensive recruitment, plus we currently have 2 players out on loan.  We're not a million miles away from being unable to raise a team next week.