Killie vs. Dees, Saturday 30th December 3pm

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

First half was least I've enjoyed a Killie game in a while. We never created so much as a half chance, couldn't string 5 passes together, and sat off the opposition far too much. Doherty had us sussed, keeping Armstrong largely quiet and pushing 4 on to us whenever we tried to get out, leaving us playing direct pish. 

I'd have been happy to see subs after 30 or 40 mins but I suppose he felt the changes he wanted to make had to be spoken about at half time. 

Bringing Polworth on certainly helped and later in the game I thought GMS made a good difference. 

When we scored our equaliser I thought we were well worth it for the way the second half had played out. Tremendous scenes for the Rory winner, especially because it was him. 

Felt the referee played too much injury time but those watching on telly with a better sense of time played said it was about right. Either way, fucking sickener to lose an equaliser in the manner we did - even if a draw was a fair result. 

We were on the wrong end of late, late goals v St J and 'well and have now evened that up v you guys and County so seems about right.

9 hours ago, Liam899 said:

Yeah he’s the best I’ve seen at Dens I think. Hopefully he’s not recalled (not ready for Liverpool yet but I’ve seen them recall players early before). We just need to enjoy having him this season. He’s a real joy to watch. 

Already a Welsh international, has a bright future. 

We had Luke Chambers off them last year.  He was also a left back but could play more in the role that Postecoglu had Greg Taylor playing for Celtic where it’s more of an inside left wing back. 

Chambers was absolutely class as well. Crazy to think those two are probably Liverpools 4th/5th players in mind for that position and no doubt once Robertson moves on they’ll probably spend another £70 million or whatever on a LB before playing either of them.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

Tremendous scenes for the Rory winner, especially because it was him. 

Only seen Rugby Park like that a few times before in 30 years. Just goes to show how football can get you especially when you think that it’s literally a middle of the season match between 2 teams who will both be safely mid-table at worst.

ETA - Great (sickening) scenes in the Chadwick at 2-2 as well. 

Edited by Sortmeout

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

We had Luke Chambers off them last year.  He was also a left back but could play more in the role that Postecoglu had Greg Taylor playing for Celtic where it’s more of an inside left wing back. 

Chambers was absolutely class as well. Crazy to think those two are probably Liverpools 4th/5th players in mind for that position and no doubt once Robertson moves on they’ll probably spend another £70 million or whatever on a LB before playing either of them.

That's the business model.  They invest a few hundred grand in a player knowing it's unlikely they'll make 1st team but once in a while one does and saves them 50m+ and the ones who don't bring in a few million in fees- 10 of their 'failures' pay for one 1st team player.

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Chambers has had a taste of 1st team football this season in both the EFL Cup & 3 appearences in the Europa League.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Chambers has had a taste of 1st team football this season in both the EFL Cup & 3 appearences in the Europa League.

Yeah I saw that but unfortunately I still don’t think he’ll get a chance.

I’m not sure if he will start even with Robertson and I think now Tsimikas injured (you’ll probably see him start Liverpool’s next game now I’ve said this).

Great prospect though.

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

That's the business model.  They invest a few hundred grand in a player knowing it's unlikely they'll make 1st team but once in a while one does and saves them 50m+ and the ones who don't bring in a few million in fees- 10 of their 'failures' pay for one 1st team player.

We could do that but only if we’re allowed to chop up our failures and harvest their organs. 

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

We could do that but only if we’re allowed to chop up our failures and harvest their organs. 

We'd be rolling in it if that was the case!