Killie vs. Dees, Saturday 30th December 3pm

Firstly. Luke McCowan = pler.

Really disappointed in that game today, I was surprised that he started 442 and Dundee absolutely bossed the first half, scoring a great goal in the process.

Changed it to 3 at HT and completely turned the game on its head. Killie excellent in the second and should have been well in thr lead. 

We've already conceded a late goal to Dundee, and they warned us again by hitting the woodwork right after the equaliser. Allowing a free header to a guy like Shaughnessy in injury time is really poor show. 

But that's life I suppose. Sometimes we concede late equalisers at Dens, sometimes we concede them at RP. It's all swings and.........

Have a good new year Dees, see you in the cup next month 🙂

not too disappointed in (only) getting a point...killie have beaten celtic x2 and rangers at home this season and are by all accounts on a decent wee run....its another point away from 12th and with 22 points we have already beaten the total amassed the last time were went up....onwards to the farmers where a win will be huge on how we go about the 2nd half of the season.

25 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Firstly. Luke McCowan = pler.

Really disappointed in that game today, I was surprised that he started 442 and Dundee absolutely bossed the first half, scoring a great goal in the process.

Changed it to 3 at HT and completely turned the game on its head. Killie excellent in the second and should have been well in thr lead. 

We've already conceded a late goal to Dundee, and they warned us again by hitting the woodwork right after the equaliser. Allowing a free header to a guy like Shaughnessy in injury time is really poor show. 

But that's life I suppose. Sometimes we concede late equalisers at Dens, sometimes we concede them at RP. It's all swings and.........

Have a good new year Dees, see you in the cup next month 🙂

My guess today is that McInnes was maybe just trying to rest Ndaba maybe to have him fully recovered to deal with Tavernier next after his comments yesterday but if that was the case, and it’s a big if, I would rather we just played our strongest and best team today,

I also don’t understand what is happening with Polworth. He keeps coming in, looking ok and then just being dropped again.

Hard to really criticize the manager too much as we are in a great position and I’m not really having a go at him I would just love to understand his thinking. I also appreciate that if I want to see Polworth, Watson and Lyons that he would need to leave out probably one of Ndaba, Deas, Kennedy, Vass or Watkins to fit Polworth in and I’m not sure that I would want to leave any of them out. Hard decisions for the manager but a good position to be in.

1st half Dundee kept the ball probably better than any other side at RP this season, pinged it around nicely, but lacked a final ball most of the time.

It was clear that we needed an extra body in midfield to compete. Credit to DM for changing shape at HT and making the right subs at the right time.

2nd half with two 3-5-2's was night and day, some amount of balls into Dundee's penalty box which on the whole they defended well and in depth.

With that level of pressure though it felt like a goal was coming, to get 2 late on was testament to the hard work in the 2nd half. Just switched off for a moment at the wrong time to see it out 

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

Just because he’s better than flapjack doesn’t mean he’s the best keeper at dens in decades , which seems to be what some posters think , the first against Rangers , the first two against Celtic then that one again today jeez 

To be fair, the last decade has been full of utter shite. Don't think it's unfair to say Carson is better than the vast, vast majority if not all over the past 10 or so year. Probably have to go back to Rab's form from 08-11 to find one better.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, the last decade has been full of utter shite. Don't think it's unfair to say Carson is better than the vast, vast majority if not all over the past 10 or so year. Probably have to go back to Rab's form from 08-11 to find one better.

Agreed.

He’s been a brilliant signing and won us points this season. Easily the best keeper in the last decade. 

Edited by Liam899

43 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

My guess today is that McInnes was maybe just trying to rest Ndaba maybe to have him fully recovered to deal with Tavernier next after his comments yesterday but if that was the case, and it’s a big if, I would rather we just played our strongest and best team today,

I also don’t understand what is happening with Polworth. He keeps coming in, looking ok and then just being dropped again.

Hard to really criticize the manager too much as we are in a great position and I’m not really having a go at him I would just love to understand his thinking. I also appreciate that if I want to see Polworth, Watson and Lyons that he would need to leave out probably one of Ndaba, Deas, Kennedy, Vass or Watkins to fit Polworth in and I’m not sure that I would want to leave any of them out. Hard decisions for the manager but a good position to be in.

Polworth has the mercurial inconsistency of a winger, bit plays in a position we need to be able to depend on. Poor against St Johnstone last weekend, dropped - we win at Paisley - then comes on today and I thought he (and McKenzie) played really well.

I'd hoped for 8 points out of the five games post-Celtic and we've hit it already - particularly because after today God knows what kind of hilarious decisions we'll be up against on Tuesday at Ibrox. Add the red cards to the penalties and I'd be surprised if its 3 or under that afternoon.

26 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Agreed.

He’s been a brilliant signing and won us points this season. Easily the best keeper in the last decade. 

certain fans seem to overlook the points he has won us this season and are quite happy to jump on every single mistake.

32 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

How good is Beck by the way? Unreal.

Yeah he’s the best I’ve seen at Dens I think. Hopefully he’s not recalled (not ready for Liverpool yet but I’ve seen them recall players early before). We just need to enjoy having him this season. He’s a real joy to watch. 

Already a Welsh international, has a bright future. 

Edited by Liam899

8 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

Just because he’s better than flapjack doesn’t mean he’s the best keeper at dens in decades , which seems to be what some posters think , the first against Rangers , the first two against Celtic then that one again today jeez 

Ach, with strikers they're judged on their goals rather than misses, keepers their mistakes.

End of the day, if he's won us more points than he's lost us then he's done fine. Not really the point I know,  but his errors against the OF cist us nothing in reality other than a knock to the GD but how many good chances have we passed up that have done the same,  or worse?

Many more things to worry about than our goalkeeping position IMO.

First half was least I've enjoyed a Killie game in a while. We never created so much as a half chance, couldn't string 5 passes together, and sat off the opposition far too much. Doherty had us sussed, keeping Armstrong largely quiet and pushing 4 on to us whenever we tried to get out, leaving us playing direct pish. 

I'd have been happy to see subs after 30 or 40 mins but I suppose he felt the changes he wanted to make had to be spoken about at half time. 

Bringing Polworth on certainly helped and later in the game I thought GMS made a good difference. 

When we scored our equaliser I thought we were well worth it for the way the second half had played out. Tremendous scenes for the Rory winner, especially because it was him. 

Felt the referee played too much injury time but those watching on telly with a better sense of time played said it was about right. Either way, fucking sickener to lose an equaliser in the manner we did - even if a draw was a fair result. 

Beck is outstanding, he goes on them wee mazy runs 2/3 times a game and nobody can really seem to tackle him, maybe a bit of an over reaction but I can really see him going right to the top, his 1 on 1 defending is excellent also. 

Fair point, would've took that before the game and if we can match it with a win on Tuesday against the fermers it will be a good point in the grand scheme of things. Tony Doc's Derry boys. 

Edit: The day bet365 finally decide to update their prices for Dundee goalscorers will be a sad day, 28/1 for Shaugnessy to score yesterday. That combined with the 50/1 first scorer at Livi and County its been a good bit of bookie bashing, love the man

Edited by Lalo