Lewis Ferguson

Bing.McCrosby

11 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

All the players you mention are a completely different player to Fraser and you are giving a point of view that has little reference to the one I am making

Strange hill for you to die on Sand Dancer. I've given you fair evidence why Ryan Fraser hasn't been included recently even when the intention was to use a back-4 (Nov-23), how we have been successful without Fraser using a back-4 via wide areas with balls into the box while chasing a goal. There's always that question of how Robertson and Tierney fit into all that too and is the cost of that worth it to bring on a guy like Fraser?

Zoom out mate and think about what you're saying. Ryan Fraser isn't going to make or break our Euro's, is he now? come on SD - you're zoned in on this one.

3 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Strange hill for you to die on Sand Dancer. I've given you fair evidence why Ryan Fraser hasn't been included recently even when the intention was to use a back-4 (Nov-23), how we have been successful without Fraser using a back-4 via wide areas with balls into the box while chasing a goal. There's always that question of how Robertson and Tierney fit into all that too and is the cost of that worth it to bring on a guy like Fraser?

Zoom out mate and think about what you're saying. Ryan Fraser isn't going to make or break our Euro's, is he now? come on SD - you're zoned in on this one.

Missing the point once again, total sasij. Bye bye. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Has had a great year and really has stepped up his game at Bologna under Motta. Big fan of him and so is the Italian media it seems who give him rave reviews.

Yes our midfield is our strongest area of the first 11 but his game really suits the way Scotland play and we really should be starting him once he has recovered from his injury as I think he will make us a stronger unit.

No doubt you'll have the naysayers on here saying he's "no done anything for us" or "who do you drop out" and will want to continue sticking with the same 11 as we've done well in one Euro qualifying group.

Every team needs to involve so we don't become predictable and one dimensional which has already started to happen IMO. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Butters Scotch said:

Yes our midfield is our strongest area of the first 11 but his game really suits the way Scotland play and we really should be starting him once he has recovered from his injury as I think he will make us a stronger unit.

No doubt you'll have the naysayers on here saying he's "no done anything for us" or "who do you drop out" and will want to continue sticking with the same 11 as we've done well in one Euro qualifying group.

Every team needs to involve so we don't become predictable and one dimensional which has already started to happen IMO.

But this is still a valid question if it's not just that you want change for change's sake. He may well merit a place, I don't watch Italian football, but if he's to be considered a starter for Scotland who exactly ARE you dropping out?

McGregor?
McGinn?
McTominay?
Gilmour / Christie? (who are already job sharing).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

But this is still a valid question if it's not just that you want change for change's sake. He may well merit a place, I don't watch Italian football, but if he's to be considered a starter for Scotland who exactly ARE you dropping out?

McGregor?
McGinn?
McTominay?

I'd either drop out one of the CB's (either keep Tierney as one of these or get rid) and tweak the formation or drop out one of Gilmour or McGregor as they're too similar of players trying to do the same job. As much as I love Gilmour as a player, he's best suited to more offensive teams that like to keep the ball a lot so I think he can be dispensed as we'll likely need to some more robust midfielders in the middle of the park (Let's face it we are no Man City). Keep McGregor further back, McGinn further forward to use his big arse more effectively up there and rest of midfield can interlink between getting forward and staying back.

Edited by Butters Scotch

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

McGregor?
McGinn?
McTominay?

We don't have all our players all available all the time.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

McGregor?
McGinn?
McTominay?

McGregor, if you think he could ever have been voted best midfielder in Serie A your in dreamland.

1 hour ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

McGregor, if you think he could ever have been voted best midfielder in Serie A your in dreamland.

Doesn't score enough goals to win that kind of award. Matt O' Riley probably would be able to because he scores more goals. Sadly that's what these awards tend to come down to.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Doesn't score enough goals to win that kind of award. Matt O' Riley probably would be able to because he scores more goals. Sadly that's what these awards tend to come down to.

Hes scored 6 goals in the league, do you think he's the highest scoring midfielder?

For reference the awards are decided as such.

The ranking for each category is determined through a weighted calculation elaborated by Ernst & Young, based on statistical reporting by Stats Perform and Opta Sports and supported by data tracking provided by Netco Sports.[1]

The previous winner in the last couple of seasons have been.

22-23 Nicolo Barella who scored 6 goals.

21-22 Marcelo Brozovic a defensive midfielder who scored 2 goals.

20-21 Nicole Barella again, 3 goals

Hes a young scot thriving abroad, so let's build him up rather than try and bring him down.

Edited by Bing.McCrosby

58 minutes ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Hes scored 6 goals in the league, do you think he's the highest scoring midfielder?

The ranking for each category is determined through a weighted calculation elaborated by Ernst & Young, based on statistical reporting by Stats Perform and Opta Sports and supported by data tracking provided by Netco Sports.[1]

Hes a young scot thriving abroad, so let's build him up rather than try and bring him down.

A weighted calculation based on statistical reporting. Well that clears it all up then. Worthy winner.

46 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

A weighted calculation based on statistical reporting. Well that clears it all up then. Worthy winner.

If you look at the previous winners its clear hes done remarkably well. One of the few winners historically in any of the categories outside of the very top teams.

I'd trust that system more than your eye for a player thats for sure.

7 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

I'd trust that system more than your eye for a player thats for sure.

As long as we're not trusting your eye then I'll take that.

I recall you saying you could just tell Billy Gilmour would be world class after watching him at Euro-2020. I said you're better off waiting a couple of years before making such a bold statement, but you insisted you knew football and here we are four years later still looking forward to that happening.

Callum McGregor won the SFA Players' player of the year during Lewis Ferguson's final year at Aberdeen. That was two years ago. Callum McGregor isn't a fashionable player, but he is often undervalued by Scotland fans for some unknown reason.

9 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

This isn't the same award.

11 hours ago, 2426255 said:

This is just a load of pish and devaluing his achievements based on his actual performances. You only have to look at the list of previous winners to see that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premio_Bulgarelli_Number_8

10 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Slandering our hall of fame inductee midfielder who's been a servant to the domestic game in Scotland for 10 years now is OK though apparently 👍

1 minute ago, Jives Miguel said:

Slandering our hall of fame inductee midfielder who's been a servant to the domestic game in Scotland for 10 years now is OK though apparently 👍

Where has he slandered McGregor? Bit strong of a statement.

Hall of fame inductee? First of all he is on the International roll of honours list since he's won 50 plus caps, he's not in the hall of fame. You need to be retired to be in the hall of fame. Secondly, he's amassed the caps as although he is a good player, there's hardly been much competition has there? It's only the last couple of years where we have started to produce enough quality CM's that can compete for his place.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Where has he slandered McGregor? Bit strong of a statement.

Here. Probably referring to this.

13 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

Plus the repeated calls over years for Callum McGregor to be dropped in favour of the flavour of the month whether that be Billy Gilmour, Scott McTominay, Ryan Christie playing as a #6 or to get Lewis Ferguson in the team usually something along the following lines:

We need to make space for other players and Callum McGregor is the one who needs to give way because he only plays fur Celtic blah blah blah. As soon as anyone comes along who is doing well in shape or form at club level in midfield the go to is: Get him in the team, McGregor has to go to make way.   

Same old dire conversation.

Edited by 2426255