The January Window of '24

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Reading through the thread it's clear the main player is money or the lack of it for most of us, loans seem the only possibility.

We’re definitely looking in the loan market this month. Need to get one or two out first.

6 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Tell me you haven’t seen Alex King at Clyde without blah blah blah.

It’s been a bad move for all parties. Not a slight on King at all, he seems a very good player on his day and by all accounts is a good lad. Imo he really needs to go to a Hamilton/Stenny type team where he can get on the ball and shine as opposed to literally Club 42 where he needs to dig in and every week is a slog.

There's the thing, we already know that even at Championship level he's capable of getting on the ball and making things happen; it's the digging in and slogging side of the game he needs to learn if he's going to make himself a starter at this level rather than having to carry him out of possession.

Understandable that if he's not shown any sign of improving on that side of the game yet then Clyde maybe aren't going to want him back as you're obviously in no position to be a training ground for teenagers to learn the game just now, but it really wouldn't bode well for King's career if objectively the poorest team in the SPFL just now doesn't want to persist with him despite his obvious talent. In any case it can only be Clyde or Morton for the rest of the season for him, another SPFL loan isn't possible having played for two clubs.

IM’s Pars Post-Match confirmed the Rovers are talking to O’Reilly about an extension…he’s reportedly only signed till after the Airdrie match. He did also say Dan has other parties interested too.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

IM’s Pars Post-Match confirmed the Rovers are talking to O’Reilly about an extension…he’s reportedly only signed till after the Airdrie match. He did also say Dan has other parties interested too.

I think more than half the division is looking for a defender, he’s found himself maybe more by luck than design in a very strong position for negotiations.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I think more than half the division is looking for a defender, he’s found himself maybe more by luck than design in a very strong position for negotiations.

Absolutely, I suspect he’d be a walk-on starter for at least half the Championship. Whomever wants to sign him will likely either have to offer 18+ months or a fair bit for a short contract. The Rovers have the advantage of he knows the team and his planned use…but with Watson hopefully returning, his playing time will probably reduce, so other places may be tempting.

Garrity and King will return to Cappielow (Garrity is already back, with King returning on Monday)

I imagine that probably rules out any moves for a midfielder in this window (not that we really needed one). King can play left-back, so if Strapp leaves I am a bit worried that Imrie might just go with King+Waters for that role - or he may have to.

9 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Garrity and King will return to Cappielow (Garrity is already back, with King returning on Monday)

I imagine that probably rules out any moves for a midfielder in this window (not that we really needed one). King can play left-back, so if Strapp leaves I am a bit worried that Imrie might just go with King+Waters for that role - or he may have to.

Why are you worried given Waters is a very decent LB King and Wilson are also there for cover?

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

One of the things we've learned over the past couple of months is that Wilson's attitude is so good he can play fuckin anywhere... King's an attacking midfield player, Garrity's a wide-player (who might end up playing in the middle as he develops), so I don't think either are relevant to how well covered we are at the back. If they don't go back to Clyde and Annan, they'll be options to fill a bench as and when we have injury/suspension problems; my money would be on them going back to Clyde and Annan, tho, subject to what happens over this month.

Our priorities are a right-back (either renew French or sign better) and another kind of forward option, someone with pace who'll run in behind and give us an alternative/support to Oakley.

7 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Raith Rovers just issued £500K worth of shares - any of that destined for the playing budget?

🤔🤔 Most probably issued to the new Co-Owners, as theres nothing from the club to say supporters can buy them    

32 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Interested to know why a Jags fan is looking at Raith Rovers on companies house

Seems everybody everywhere is watching what Raith Rovers are doing anywhere. 😀

7 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Raith Rovers just issued £500K worth of shares - any of that destined for the playing budget?

52 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

🤔🤔 Most probably issued to the new Co-Owners, as theres nothing from the club to say supporters can buy them    

Given the delay in posting filings and such, that is almost certainly buying out the non-stadium assets from Sim. We know Sim was working with the new management team to compile a new and up to date shareholder registry to get stuff sorted out.