The January Window of '24

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it was confirmed last month that Thistle had passed up their right to recall him. Hopefully we can sort out a PCA as I’m certain clubs will be trying to get him in the summer. 

Hopefully Ayr are in the driving seat for him. Appears to have found his feet at Somerset Park.

Only rumours I've heard inwards are Lee Ashcroft from Dundee, Rhys Armstrong (ACM) at Spartans and Luke McBeth, cental defender at Glenafton who has apparently been training with us. 

Edited by jagfox

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Only rumours I've heard inwards are Lee Ashcroft

He was apparently linked with us too. 
Lee would be a great signing for most teams in in this league 

Edited by Wacky

9 minutes ago, Wacky said:

He was apparently linked with too. 
Lee would be a great signing for most teams in in this league 

Was he at EEP before Dundee?

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Was he at EEP before Dundee?

He was. He was superb for us, and we were gutted when he left. I’d have him back at EEP in a heartbeat 

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

He was. He was superb for us, and we were gutted when he left. I’d have him back at EEP in a heartbeat 

Might give you guys a bit of an advantage there, then 😬

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

That, or he could say that he doesn’t want to be injured in his first game for us, and sign on with another team that isn’t breaking defenders with unprecedented regularity 

7 minutes ago, jagfox said:

As with allot of players at this level I'd imagine location will play a part? I want to say that he comes from the West of Scotland, unsure if he's bought a house during his time in Dundee or that. But moving back closer to where he's from would trump any emotional ties he has with Dunfermline. 

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Hopefully Ayr are in the driving seat for him. Appears to have found his feet at Somerset Park.

Only rumours I've heard inwards are Lee Ashcroft from Dundee, Rhys Armstrong (ACM) at Spartans and Luke McBeth, cental defender at Glenafton who has apparently been training with us. 

A lot of championship sides have been linked with Ashcroft (rumoured that we’re interested as well….. but I think it depends on what happens with O’Reilly with us) and also 1 or 2 others I think he’ll be a good addition to anyone in this league

59 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

As with allot of players at this level I'd imagine location will play a part? I want to say that he comes from the West of Scotland, unsure if he's bought a house during his time in Dundee or that. But moving back closer to where he's from would trump any emotional ties he has with Dunfermline. 

I've no idea where he stays. Could be in or around Dundee which could make either Fife club more favourable on that count. 

He'll be on his Dundee wage irrespective of where he goes so comes down to where he wants to play, as long as Dundee's terms are met.

8 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Well he's a DM but a totally unknown prospect to those of us looking in. Been around training for a bit which means the management team have had a good look at him.

5 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Well he's a DM but a totally unknown prospect to those of us looking in. Been around training for a bit which means the management team have had a good look at him.

With how dobbie’s career went do you think that you will continue to look at the non-league market?

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

With how Doolan's career went do you think that you will continue to look at the non-league market?

Well, with the likes of Ashcroft interesting a lot of suitors, you need to think outside the box for players these days. Championship clubs tend to fish from the same pond. 

Doolan did reference he made his name at that level before getting his move to Thistle.

On 28/12/2023 at 14:48, Dunning1874 said:

Best thing for King's development is continuing to get starts every week at Clyde

Tell me you haven’t seen Alex King at Clyde without blah blah blah.

It’s been a bad move for all parties. Not a slight on King at all, he seems a very good player on his day and by all accounts is a good lad. Imo he really needs to go to a Hamilton/Stenny type team where he can get on the ball and shine as opposed to literally Club 42 where he needs to dig in and every week is a slog.