Heart of midshankland V Ross cunty

Really dreadful stuff.

Too many changes. Started really sloppily which set the tone.

Clearly missed Beni dropping deep to take the ball off the defence which is why Cochrane was moved in midfield early on. He was fine there but I don't think the change to a back 4 helped us. Rowles offered no width at all from left-back and we looked about as vulnerable defensively as we have for months in that second half.

None of the attacking players were at it, which is a familiar story. Quality really needed in January.

As shite as we were, and it was very shite, if we get the absolutely glaring penalty at nil nil and on top, it might be a completely different 2nd half.

Too many changes in shape and personnel today and we were awful for large spells.  Decent point in the end but we could have lost with zero complaint

12 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Zander was mince, that should be him out; both goals terrible

Aside from him keeping us in it in the first 15.

I blame the midfield for offering up both chances. The free kick was obviously going to happen as he spent too much time faffing with the wall rather than getting himself set.

I know we have midfield injuries, but we start with a very lightweight midfield. I felt that at the time taking of Denholm was a fair case to make but in hindsight Niewenhoff offered almost nothing.

I couldn't see it but by all accounts on sportsound Forest's "dive" was a penalty. Kinda in keeping with an appalling referring performance where he bought all the crap the County players served up

Take a point away from Tynecastle every day of the week; don’t care if we were 2-0 up. Especially when Laidlaw should’ve given away a pen at 0-0. How VAR hasn’t changed that I have no idea. Thought Atkinson could maybe have seen red for that tackle on the touch line in the second half given he was already booked?

Draw a fair result in the end, IMO.

Just now, Matty-RCFC said:

Take a point away from Tynecastle every day of the week; don’t care if we were 2-0 up. Especially when Laidlaw should’ve given away a pen at 0-0. How VAR hasn’t changed that I have no idea. Thought Atkinson could maybe have seen red for that tackle on the touch line in the second half given he was already booked?

Yes, I am disappointed, but a draw is probably fair. Dhanda looks like a decent player again.

Again, I like your no. 4, right back, Brown. Is he for sale at all?

5 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Yes, I am disappointed, but a draw is probably fair. Dhanda looks like a decent player again.

Again, I like your no. 4, right back, Brown. Is he for sale at all?

Yes, he is for sale! Here’s a photo of him just to make sure you get the right guy…

IMG_5678.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

The stream I had on didn't show replays but it looked stonewall to me.

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Did you miss him single handedly keeping us in the game first half?  The 1st goal is in no way down to him.  Not sure about him at the free kick as I've no seen it back

He has to learn to overcome his issues; he has no chance of being Scotland keeper

Once a game minimum he runs back to his line from a ball over the top; he did it at pittodrie and was sh!t for their 2nd too; he did it against the midden and again today

He also just stands there at crosses and free kicks, frozen

Until he gets these things sorted, he's going to commit unforced errors

Gordon may make 2 mistakes of major magnitude a Season; he, however, quite capable of 2 a game

1 hour ago, Stylish Kid said:

Aside from him keeping us in it in the first 15.

I blame the midfield for offering up both chances. The free kick was obviously going to happen as he spent too much time faffing with the wall rather than getting himself set.

I know we have midfield injuries, but we start with a very lightweight midfield. I felt that at the time taking of Denholm was a fair case to make but in hindsight Niewenhoff offered almost nothing.

I couldn't see it but by all accounts on sportsound Forest's "dive" was a penalty. Kinda in keeping with an appalling referring performance where he bought all the crap the County players served up

Definite pen, from where I was sitting

alan ******* muir; didn't know it was him until I loooked it up; his stats reffing us are ******* dire

On the bright side, Vargas very good today, just one niggly foul when we were all desperate to get the ball and attack

He seems to be getting settled in this league now, creating chances and keeping possession better

Nice composure for our first and he's more comfortable further infield

Wasn't sure about penalty at first but on second viewing, it's incredible. Alan Muir had a mare. Put him in the lower leagues. That said, Forrest seems to do everything but score far too often.

Awful starting line-up but subs did their job. Hopefully lessons have been learned. Hopefully too that we lose some dross in the Jan window - goodbye to Lowry, Halliday, Haring (thanks for previous service)and maybe one or two others. Halkett not ready for first team action. Hoff, Atkinson and Tagawa little more than squad players. Good to see Vargas coming on to a good game.

All in all, happy to finish the  year in 3rd.

It’s great to see county play football again. As much as Adams recent comments have irked me, I have loved the way he has us playing. For too long we have given teams far too much respect.

I just hope that our chairman is preparing Dhanda an offer he can’t resist to stay with us.