Heart of midshankland V Ross cunty

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The keeper does know he is allowed to try and stop it though, doesn’t he?

Two keepers would struggle to save that one.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think Clark has been culpable of being shite at free kicks previously, but not sure what he's meant to do about that tbh.

Broadly agree, but I knew it was going in as soon as he spent too much time dicking about with the wall and not setting himself up properly 

55 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Broadly agree, but I knew it was going in as soon as he spent too much time dicking about with the wall and not setting himself up properly 

True, plus he reacts by hoping it doesn't go in

Fair play, it was well hit, but the positoning, preparation and hesitation let it fly in

Just seen that Hearts pen claim (via @Div on twitter).

Its getting ridiculous now, even if we accept that Muir is a diddy and didnt give it on first view - how on earth did the VAR guy not look at that and say "eh, Alan you need to have a wee swatch at that and maybe rescind the yellow for diving"?

I think that refs are now crapping out of decisions and expecting the VAR guy to bail them out.

VAR has not improved football, and in Scotland we have seen no discernible improvement in decisions against the two teams who have traditionally got the rub of the green from refs.

Goal line technology and offsides aside, I would put it in the bin.

Clark has been criticised for recent past performances and rightly so but the first half yesterday he kept us in the game, people need to remember he was signed as a back up keeper, imagine our option when Gordon got injured was Stewart.

Another guy that seems short of confidence as every mistake he makes is exacerbated and every good thing he does goes unmentioned.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Just seen that Hearts pen claim (via @Div on twitter).

Its getting ridiculous now, even if we accept that Muir is a diddy and didnt give it on first view - how on earth did the VAR guy not look at that and say "eh, Alan you need to have a wee swatch at that and maybe rescind the yellow for diving"?

I think that refs are now crapping out of decisions and expecting the VAR guy to bail them out.

VAR has not improved football, and in Scotland we have seen no discernible improvement in decisions against the two teams who have traditionally got the rub of the green from refs.

Goal line technology and offsides aside, I would put it in the bin.

It's David Munro, an absolute clown of a man, caused us nothing but problems, with wrong sendings off and wrong game postponements.

Having now seen the highlights, we perhaps weren't as bad as I thought.

Have to say, Neuenhoff was at fault for both goals, and it anyone says "oh but he did an assist" - he passed the ball to the most visible free team mate. A team mate who is on a great run of form so is the incredibly obvious pass. I rarely am like this, but I'd have to say "get rid" unless he seriously ups his game.

I am a big advocate for Tagawa getting more time to get settled rather than hooked at 45mins, but he really needs to do better with that chance

Forrest penalty shout definitely a penalty, and Naismith's probably right in saying that Atkinson tried to claim in a very similar way to how Kyogo did Cochrane.

Edited by Stylish Kid

53 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Having now seen the highlights, we perhaps weren't as bad as I thought.

Have to say, Neuenhoff was at fault for both goals, and it anyone says "oh but he did an assist" - he passed the ball to the most visible free team mate. A team mate who is on a great run of form so is the incredibly obvious pass. I rarely am like this, but I'd have to say "get rid" unless he seriously ups his game.

I am a big advocate for Tagawa getting more time to get settled rather than hooked at 45mins, but he really needs to do better with that chance

Forrest penalty shout definitely a penalty, and Naismith's probably right in saying that Atkinson tried to claim in a very similar way to how Kyogo did Cochrane.

With respect, he's not at fault for the first goal in any way.  Forrest gets dispossed and we get caught on the counter, he's no going to catch Murray when he's got the run on him.

The 2nd, partly culpable but less so than Halkett and Cochrane who unpinned the grenade and chucked him it.  Also don't think he actually fouls the guy at all.  

Good response from the Ross County team. No sign of them downing tools. Disappointing no doubt to just draw after being up 2-nil, but it's a good point on paper.

My congratulations to them and to Derek Adams.

Edited by 2426255

44 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I thought Nieuwenhof was easily our best midfielder yesterday tbh. Not great given how poor we were overall, but he won the ball a lot and kept it moving.  Least he was actually wanting the ball.

I swear I was watching a different match. Maybe he wanted it but did fuckall with it. Too lightweight 

Also - Cochrane was better in midfield and he's a left back. 

49 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

With respect, he's not at fault for the first goal in any way.  Forrest gets dispossed and we get caught on the counter, he's no going to catch Murray when he's got the run on him.

The 2nd, partly culpable but less so than Halkett and Cochrane who unpinned the grenade and chucked him it.  Also don't think he actually fouls the guy at all.  

On the first - he allows the runner to go by dithering. Appreciate that it was to a degree a collection failure, but I was seriously unimpressed having only previously been mildly ambivalent 🤷

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Derek Adams being Derek Adams

Say what you will, his post match interviews are at least entertaining.

Both times previous he slowly turned into an utter headbanger. He's absolutely speed running it this time.