Dundee FC vs St Johnstone - 02/01/2024

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

Arbroath fans seem just as disappointed this is off as St Johnstone fans do. 

Something something big team. 

Although I’m not sure which way round the big-small relationship is there. 

Dundee can be blamed for the drainage however we have had exceptional rain this year which never gets time to fully drain away. The weather is not Dundee's fault.

Game off probably is to our advantage as it gives us the chance to get any new players bedded in to our system.

We can play it later, no one died.

5 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Arbroath fans seem just as disappointed this is off as St Johnstone fans do. 

They're mostly Dundee United fans. Over the years there have been numerous of them follow United. This guy @DUAFC even claims he supports Arbroath but still slipped United's initials in his username first and foremost. It's a weird thing but that's Angus for ya.

31 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Nowadays you’re not allowed to discharge this sort of stuff in to the public sewer, clearly a lot of businesses are operating with historical agreements in place but if you have to alter things, and put more surface water down, will SEPA Permit that?

You're not allowed to let rainwater that falls on your land run into the nearest drain?

It's my understanding that drains, sewers and burns are all interconnected and will be used to offer extra capacity when it rains heavily. Given our location I would guess we drain into the Dens burn underneath Dens road? But given that's had issues with capacity/flooding in the past, maybe that explains why we're having such issues.

image.png.c6190f8af9d9f87c06b7d8e45cbc8b4d.png

Then again, we've played on the same patch of grass for 125 years. You'd think we'd have gotten the hang of it by now.

Part of me thinks it has been chucking it down recently and the recent weather warnings for rain across the country back this up. But then, what other games are off today? Has Dundee been any worse than the rest of the country?

image.thumb.png.b6d1003320faff5ba6024ec154a8680b.png

Not really. But it does show it rained from 1am constantly up to the time of pitch inspection at 11am.

God, I can't believe this is how I'm spending my day. Feel like pure shit just want Dens back.

2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

You're not allowed to let rainwater that falls on your land run into the nearest drain?

It's my understanding that drains, sewers and burns are all interconnected and will be used to offer extra capacity when it rains heavily. Given our location I would guess we drain into the Dens burn underneath Dens road? But given that's had issues with capacity/flooding in the past, maybe that explains why we're having such issues.

Then again, we've played on the same patch of grass for 125 years. You'd think we'd have gotten the hang of it by now.

Part of me thinks it has been chucking it down recently and the recent weather warnings for rain across the country back this up. But then, what other games are off today? Has Dundee been any worse than the rest of the country?

Not really. But it does show it rained from 1am constantly up to the time of pitch inspection at 11am.

God, I can't believe this is how I'm spending my day. Feel like pure shit just want Dens back.

You've went full Random.

Never go full Random.

look-at-this-graph-nickelback.gif.a220e62e421273718639db3c915f5da4.gif

18 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

They're mostly Dundee United fans. Over the years there have been numerous of them follow United. This guy @DUAFC even claims he supports Arbroath but still slipped United's initials in his username first and foremost. It's a weird thing but that's Angus for ya.

Roll on your next administration.

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

A few more gormless Dundee buffoons out doing that and the game could’ve been on.

Reporting international war crimes?

Do they not still have the big manky sheet the used to cover the pitch with when other teams spent money on things like undersoil heating and proper drains? Shame when they splurged enough cash to go bust twice none of it went on infrastructure.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Don't pretend for a minute that, were the boot on the other foot, Dundee funs wouldn't be exactly the same. It's fair enough to say you want a new stadium because the existing one costs too much to upkeep but that shouldn't give you the right to neglect the current stadium to this extent.

You are correct.  It’s not often a Premiership fixture gets called off at Tannadice.

57 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Austin Powers Nerd GIF

This has been some fucking meltdown from @RandomGuy.

His tears would've got the game postponed regardless it seems.

Even the Aberdeen fans weren't quite as raging despite him having about 3 hours more notice than they got.

No doubt it is a shambles but what a fucking state to get into. Worse than our pitch ffs.