Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

Our fans are a bunch of morons.

Just scored, Raith maybe rattled, chance to get a bit of momentum? Nah, let's chuck a smoke bomb on, wait til it's out then chuck another one on, giving Raith time to regroup and making muscle injuries to our patched up hospital squad more likely. Fucking idiots.

Just now, pub car king said:

Need to keep the heid here, I don't know why everyone was taking shots from 25, 30 yards out when we had control of the game. 

They probably looked at the goals we've conceded since Ayr and deduced that they tend to go in. 

1 minute ago, embow said:

The team that likes to keep giving. Apart from away to United when did we last have a clean sheet? Also asking for a friend ☹️

Pars, 24/11.😞

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

There’s a belief in this pars team, and we’ve just let them back into this match, the thought of Thomson having to replace Kev gives me the fear, the same as this fucking defence 🙄

Why? Thomson is fine.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is Raith's reserve goalie Mehmet??? Why keep Dabro on if he's clearly goosed?

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

There’s a belief in this pars team, and we’ve just let them back into this match, the thought of Thomson having to replace Kev gives me the fear, the same as this fucking defence 🙄

I think Thomson is easier better than a hobbled Kev, so I’m not sure if IM is showing sheer bloody mindedness or is blind.

These commentators, really. Someone send them a teamsheet - all you need to do is look up the number and it'll tell you the player's name.

As for their biased drivel...

Edited by Brashy's Boots

Midfield beaten too easily and no one pressing. As usual. Murray pressed eventually and didn't take the boy out when the ball passed. Poor. Rovers have been average at best.

Also the wee minks with the pyro, make them eat it if another is thrown on. 

I think Watson and O’Reilly might be an outstanding choice for the second half, more so than Watson and Murray. Murray seems to have regressed to backing off again, or rashly challenging. Honestly, I’d take Corr and O’Reilly over a combination with Murray right now.

5 of the last 7 goals we have conceded have been shots from outside the box. Clearly you can't legislate for someone scoring a worldie like we had last week. But it does point to us either giving attackers too much space to get shots away, a keeper who is carrying a knock and is not as athletic as he usually is, or a combination of both.

Started well and then conceded a terrible goal with Mehmet failing to collect a simple free-kick.

Rovers well on top after that before they allowed Summers to just stroll through the middle of the park and have a ping. Keeper looked like he kept over half the goal open.

Fisher looked like he got stamped on by Hamilton, rather than an elbow. Was raging at the physios waiting for permission to enter the pitch from the ref instead of immediately coming on to tend to him.

As for the idiots throwing the pyro - just gtf. You’re attention-seeking c***s and not Pars fans.

Otoo going into the defence has given the Pars a bit of a foothold in the game because he's not afraid to step into midfield and it's giving them numbers on that flank. He is leaving space behind but we haven't been able to exploit it. 

That said, the period between the goals was as dominant as any point in the 3-0 game. Dunfermline barely crossed the halfway line and the Rovers were knocking it about with ease. 

But it only takes one lapse, particularly when your goalkeeper is visibly hurt. He's clearly struggling, and that's all the encouragement Summers needed for that dig. It's a good hit, but not a great one, and I think a fully fit keeper gets a lot closer to it. 

If we re-group and get back to what we were doing in the middle of that half, we should be strong enough, but any lead we can establish is always going to feel pretty fragile.