Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

Turned on the darts earlier and was happy to see Louis Vaughan even had time to win a world championship semi-final after today's match.

12 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Also, I absolutely love some of the Pars fans claiming they don’t care about Rovers. 

Then 6k of them turn up when their team are playing shite, and they have tifos, and throw flares and fireworks on the pitch when they equalise. 
You do that for all other league games too eh?

We’re two clubs of similar size from ten miles apart, to pretend playing each other has no extra significance is weirdo behaviour and demonstrably untrue.

in fairness we had a big home crowd for dundee united I am sure and there was smoke bombs there and that isnt a derby game/rivalry

But the games against each other are bigger games than a normal league game and it is a rivallry but I don't have anywhere near the same detest for Rovers as I do for a couple of other clubs. 

16 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Its dissapointing to see violence creep into this fixture.  Even before today, seems to be more scraps kicking about in and around the town before and after these games.  Absolutely pointless, and not on the spirit of how this derby should be. Should be 90 mins of relative hostility, but ending in fans able to walk down Halbeath Road/Pratt Street like any other week.  We are all just fans following our team.

I do remember seeing some violence when I was younger but the last few games both in Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline seem to have had more. Not sure whats causing that? Rise of the ultra culture? The lockdowns? The fact we didnt play each other for a couple of years? Feck knows

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

6 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I do remember seeing some violence when I was younger but the last few games both in Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline seem to have had more. Not sure whats causing that? Rise of the ultra culture? The lockdowns? The fact we didnt play each other for a couple of years? Feck knows

This one in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

First away game at Starks that I went to was a 1-2 game, Craig Wilson last minute OG winner. There was bother between the Penny Farthing and Starks that day, first time I’d ever actually seen it in the flesh. I’ve made most of not all of the away days at Starks since and it’s always been there. Admittedly not as much as that first day. The police didn’t expect it that day, it was like 50 on 50. As a 16/17 year old I remember thinking it was insane. Bottles, fireworks, and proper men punching each others pan in.

It’s always been there but I think with social media and the “ultra” scene it’s became bigger for the younger ones, which is a problem as they don’t tend to think before they do.

10-15 years ago I couldn’t have told you anyone from rival teams, but with Twitter it’s easy. See them in the comments, can even see where they might drink etc, then a DM to arrange some pavement dancing and away it goes. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

This one in my opinion. 

Agreed. Less ultras, more jumped up wee bams though. See it at loads of clubs. Sadly ours have now made an absolute c*nt of our club. Have watched a minority in Section North West push boundaries so many times, only a matter of time before some of them really fucked up. And here we are. I'd like to suggest this could be coming to a lot of clubs but I don't want to be playing down what these "fans" have done. Tough couple of days ahead for the club. 😒

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I hope all Pars fans put out the message that what these scum rat cowards did isn't acceptable and that said scum rat cowards are not welcome anywhere. Furthermore I hope it's put around that there will be folk looking for these scum rat cowards.

Don’t try and act the hard man DA, I think we all know you wouldn’t say boo to a goose in real life.

You are right that the video is appalling though and anyone who kicks someone while they’re on the ground is a craven individual.

They should be banned and, if the PF feels it necessary, having a wee day in court. I don’t think it’s going to lead to some vigilante retribution within Dunfermline’s seedy underbelly.

5 hours ago, Wacky said:

Yes, I am praising a performance from a second string team who had the measure of the league leaders. We are not doing very well up front, but still managed to score against you lot. we have players out of position all over the place and pick up injuries like yellow cards, but we kept a respectable score line. Even in defeat we showed the league leaders that they weren't that great against us considering the amount of players we have out right now. 
TBH, I think you should be a bit more humble considering the team we are forced to field right now. 
to talk of “tiny wee team mentality“ proves you lot have an inferiority complex IMO, and deep down you know that in comparison to us you’ll always be a wee team no matter how often you beat us in a season. Remember this, a full strength Rovers, winning 2-1 against a decimated Pars team is not much to be proud of, unless you have a wee team mentality. 

🤦🏻‍♂️

The second hand embarrassment at this, man!

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

I don't disagree with your tone, but I don't get the last sentence tbf. 

From a quick Facebook look the boy in question is 17, now I wouldn't recognise him from Adam but if I did I certainly wouldn't immediately jump in to give him a scheme booting. 

For 1 - I've got a knee held together with hopes, dreams and blue tak. There's every chance I'd throw the first kick and be battered by a child. Or 2-I am infact double hard and I batter a child, I'm not sure on the legal ramifications of that but it can't be great. 

Now if I can see him on Facebook within 20 seconds I hope to god the police can, it's surely open and shut, get yourself to f**k. Anyone giving out some perceived societal justice won't benefit from it IMO. 

I'm not a fan of social justice that way, but I wouldn't be opposed to offering the involved parties a choice:

1) A 1-year+ ban on attending football matches, and the consequences of their actions in a Court.

2) Facing 15 Pars fans who have permission to do to them what they did to that lad.

Anyone think any one of them would accept option 2?

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I'm not a fan of social justice that way, but I wouldn't be opposed to offering the involved parties a choice:

1) A 1-year+ ban on attending football matches, and the consequences of their actions in a Court.

2) Facing 15 Pars fans who have permission to do to them what they did to that lad.

Anyone think any one of them would accept option 2?

IMG_2391.png

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Don’t try and act the hard man DA, I think we all know you wouldn’t say boo to a goose in real life.

You are right that the video is appalling though and anyone who kicks someone while they’re on the ground is a craven individual.

They should be banned and, if the PF feels it necessary, having a wee day in court. I don’t think it’s going to lead to some vigilante retribution within Dunfermline’s seedy underbelly.

Screenshot_20240103_010002_Opera.jpg.f895e1bf9bb8f44e11640947470ffd50.jpg

17 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Agreed. Less ultras, more jumped up wee bams though. See it at loads of clubs. Sadly ours have now made an absolute c*nt of our club. Have watched a minority in Section North West push boundaries so many times, only a matter of time before some of them really fucked up. And here we are. I'd like to suggest this could be coming to a lot of clubs but I don't want to be playing down what these "fans" have done. Tough couple of days ahead for the club. 😒

Don’t think it’s really DAFCs fault if wee bams attack someone, the tough couple of days will be for them when the Police chap their doors.  There’s always an element in every club. We’ve got our share and any Rovers fan claiming otherwise is full of it. The “Ultras” groups can do good stuff in getting the atmosphere going but as you say only takes a few to go too far. 

41 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

None of those. It's a group of wee wannabe hardmen who saw a vulnerable target - who they knew wouldn't fight back - and decided to go for him.

It's shitebag behaviour of the highest order.

"Ultras Culture" in Scotland has mostly taken the upsides (the colour, flags, atmosphere, etc.) and the downsides only come from the arseholes - like them - who latch onto the 'Ultras' groups - just so they have something to do on the weekends rather than getting pished.

Lockdowns wouldn't have much to do with it and I don't think the football did either. They saw someone vulnerable (otherwise they wouldn't have bothered) and went for him.

Thankfully both the victim and b*****ds have been identified; the former getting plenty of support and the latter hopefully going to court.

3 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

None of those. It's a group of wee wannabe hardmen who saw a vulnerable target - who they knew wouldn't fight back - and decided to go for him.

It's shitebag behaviour of the highest order.

"Ultras Culture" in Scotland has mostly taken the upsides (the colour, flags, atmosphere, etc.) and the downsides only come from the arseholes - like them - who latch onto the 'Ultras' groups - just so they have something to do on the weekends rather than getting pished.

Lockdowns wouldn't have much to do with it and I don't think the football did either. They saw someone vulnerable (otherwise they wouldn't have bothered) and went for him.

Thankfully both the victim and b*****ds have been identified; the former getting plenty of support and the latter hopefully going to court.

I was more talking about the rise in general of violence rather than this incident specifically. But I agree with your points. There is a screenshot of a message sent by one of the lads who did it saying it initially started as a group fight and all the rovers fans ran away and left their pal. Still scummy behavior regardless if thats true.