Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

I’m sure McPake feels pressure himself, but I genuinely don’t think he’s in any real danger. The view at the end of last season was stay in the Championship, ideally not involved in relegation playoffs etc. McPake, McKay and Cook all said they’d love to be up the top end of the league but ultimately he’d take 7th if offered.

We’ve sat in the top four for a while now (somehow). Regardless of four defeats against Raith, I don’t think the owners/board will be looking at that. Raith have done very well this season, it’s not like we’re both mid-table and constantly getting dicked off RR. They’ve been at the top and are unbeaten against the team everyone tipped to win the division.

Another thing is the injuries. I have a good idea of who would be McPake’s starting 11 and they’ve not played together once this season.

The knee jerk idiots that every club has will be getting a bit twitchy, but I think his job is safe.

With regards to the game, I thought we started well but then another Mehmet mistake for the RR goal. Great finish from Summers and at half time I thought we’d come out and go again, but Raith scored and for all the half chances I didn’t think we’d score. If we’d managed to get a point I don’t think there could be too many complaints. Breen and Fisher both injured again, genuinely couldn’t write it.

Massive game away to bottom of the pile Queens Park. Get Sharp back to Dundee, free up a loan and get some business done. 

4 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Your club have the potential to make it better, but somehow you don’t. We strive to leave personal bias in the sea and actually praise the effort of other teams

The guy that runs ParsTV also runs DAFC.net. If you want to know why ParsTV has remained so bad, just look at any ParsTV thread on there. Any criticism is shot down as being false/not true. It’s amazing (in all the wrong ways) that he’s still so involved with the club. My friend pointed me in the direction of a ParsTV thread on there at the weekend. Brian described feedback from people saying the stream was poor quality as ‘hearsay’. Also completely dismissed a suggestion that other championship clubs provide a better service. So it really won’t change, unfortunately.

Regarding the commentators, I think they need to understand football before they can stop being so biased.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Chris Hamilton was the player responsible, but yes, the ref is pathetic if you like.

From where I was, it looked like Vaughan’s elbow. But if I’m wrong, then fair enough. Can only go by what it looked like live at the time right now. Thought the fact we got the free kick suggested the ref thought the same as me though. For what it’s worth, I thought the ref was fine overall today.

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

Yes, I am praising a performance from a second string team who had the measure of the league leaders. We are not doing very well up front, but still managed to score against you lot. we have players out of position all over the place and pick up injuries like yellow cards, but we kept a respectable score line. Even in defeat we showed the league leaders that they weren't that great against us considering the amount of players we have out right now. 
TBH, I think you should be a bit more humble considering the team we are forced to field right now. 
to talk of “tiny wee team mentality“ proves you lot have an inferiority complex IMO, and deep down you know that in comparison to us you’ll always be a wee team no matter how often you beat us in a season. Remember this, a full strength Rovers, winning 2-1 against a decimated Pars team is not much to be proud of, unless you have a wee team mentality. 

Pure copium 

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah. Both defensive injuries seemed like a great opportunity to do that, but McPake would rather stick with a system/game plan that wasn’t working. It’s really strange.

It's not so strange. I don't think he knows any better. 

A blind man running for a bus could see what you should have done today, but still you ploughed on.

His tactical nous was castigated before and when he was emptied at Dundee. A successful campaign against the posties, fishermen and salesmen of League 1 seems to have bought him unending patience from the KDM stadium regulars; a patience which seems puzzling from afar. That and seemingly blind faith in not very good players (Wighton, Jakubiak, Chalmers to name but 3) will not be enough to get you back in the playoff places. 

As posted earlier, with mounting injuries you may be at the top of a slippery slope unless ze Germans release ze cash account in the transfer window.

That makes me feel a bit better with dropped points on Saturday.

Could’ve done with going 2/3 to the good in the first half but we were quite wasteful.

That was a mark of how poor a side Dunfermline are in the 2nd half. We had no composure and a keeper who was struggling to move and they had very little in the way of chances. Would much rather they finish outside the top 4 so we don’t have to play them in the play-offs.!

Think our fans are very magnanimous in victory as I’d wager their support would be wiping our nose in it if we’d lost 4 on the spin.

11 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

The guy that runs ParsTV also runs DAFC.net. If you want to know why ParsTV has remained so bad, just look at any ParsTV thread on there. Any criticism is shot down as being false/not true. It’s amazing (in all the wrong ways) that he’s still so involved with the club. My friend pointed me in the direction of a ParsTV thread on there at the weekend. Brian described feedback from people saying the stream was poor quality as ‘hearsay’. Also completely dismissed a suggestion that other championship clubs provide a better service. So it really won’t change, unfortunately.

Just had a look myself and I’m afraid I’m going to dispute everything you just said 

16 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I didnt see it but folk were saying hamilton stood on Fishers face?

Some soft decisions from the ref but nothing that would change the result. Unless the handball shout up the other end was a handball but I didnt think so at the time

Didn't see everything but it looked as if Vaughan ran between the defenders and they collided. I don't understand what the ref gave, it shouldn't have been a free kick though. Absolutely accidental and hopefully Fisher is ok and back playing soon. 

Actually thought we had plenty of chances second half, including rattling one of the bar. My main criticism is we're physically and mentally soft. Absolutely no edge to us at all. Dunno if it's a reflection of the general lack of experience overall but whether it's giving away cheap goals or the laboured build up, there's just something sadly predictable about us.

As long as he stays well clear of relegation, McPake is OK in my book. Been dealt a pretty shit hand this year in my opinion. But the pressure will be on in the summer to clear the injury list and strengthen for next season. With Falkirk coming up, things are going to get very uncomfortable very quickly if the situation doesn't improve. 

Well done to the wee team. No doubting they've done us over this season but I'd say it's been more about us being shite than them being anything hugely special. The spirit of their squad has carried them for the first half of the season and brought them an outrageous number of late goals and wins. But it's that exact edge we are missing. 

Onwards and upwards. As I expected at start of season, anything out of Rovers and United is a bonus, the real measure of us for now continues to be against the teams around us, and we really need a couple of wins next couple of games to steady the ship. 

Edited by AuldReekie

20 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Yes, I am praising a performance from a second string team who had the measure of the league leaders. We are not doing very well up front, but still managed to score against you lot. we have players out of position all over the place and pick up injuries like yellow cards, but we kept a respectable score line. Even in defeat we showed the league leaders that they weren't that great against us considering the amount of players we have out right now. 
TBH, I think you should be a bit more humble considering the team we are forced to field right now. 
to talk of “tiny wee team mentality“ proves you lot have an inferiority complex IMO, and deep down you know that in comparison to us you’ll always be a wee team no matter how often you beat us in a season. Remember this, a full strength Rovers, winning 2-1 against a decimated Pars team is not much to be proud of, unless you have a wee team mentality. 

Silly wee mentality and raging. Braw. 

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Brian is the lad who was deleting any posts which were critical of the Dunfermline board in the run up to their admin, wasn't he? 

Yes. That’s who runs ParsTV. As I say, I can’t understand why he’s still involved with the club. Few times during covid, I had issues with streams, brought it up on the ParsTV support page and got told the stream was fine and it was my problem. Everyone I spoke to had the same issue, and it was reported by fans on here/twitter. But apparently all of the paying customers were wrong. Top customer service.

It might just be me, but 'We scored a goal against Raith Rovers' isn't quite something to put down as an accomplishment given that in the last week we've conceded a goal to a substitute goalkeeper who was deputising as a centre forward due to an injury crisis. 

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Brian is the lad who was deleting any posts which were critical of the Dunfermline board in the run up to their admin, wasn't he? 

Yup.

After a member of the office staff at EEP would email or phone him to tell him to do so.