🔴🟡Thistle vs Queens Park⚫️⚪️ - Tuesday 2nd Janaury 2024

22 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I have attended and supported this team for over 70 years. I do not need to be told what I need to do. In all those years I have witnessed some incredible highs and lows but never in that time has our club been in such a precarious state of disappearing down the plughole through such ineptitude as I witnessed yesterday. The difference now is that these players are taking decent money for this rubbish. In the past the players at times were lacking in skills but never in enthusiasm and love of the game. I don't see that trait in the present lot. The players deserve exactly what they give.

I don't see any lack of effort and I certainly see disappointment on the players faces. They care, we care - there is no doubt. Everyone knows the team is young and could benefit from some more experience. What could make a real difference however, are some reinforcements up front for Paton to work with or be replaced when needed. We have too much reliance on one player, which is not a recipe for success. A striker who is an aerial threat or with a bit of pace would give us another string to our bow, which would make a huge difference.

1 hour ago, Southsideforever said:

I don't see any lack of effort and I certainly see disappointment on the players faces. They care, we care - there is no doubt. Everyone knows the team is young and could benefit from some more experience. What could make a real difference however, are some reinforcements up front for Paton to work with or be replaced when needed. We have too much reliance on one player, which is not a recipe for success. A striker who is an aerial threat or with a bit of pace would give us another string to our bow, which would make a huge difference.

We are too reliant on Callum Ferrie at the moment. 

15 hours ago, Southsideforever said:

We all need to be behind the team and coaches at this time. Its easy when the going is good, when its not going well we need to dig deep. I hope we have a good support for this one, the players deserve it.

Your new-blood enthusiasm is admirable and your lack of baggage is enviable. Since we went pro, October 19, we had 3 seasons (and the bit of the one that got cancelled) where the on-field excitement was masking the catalogue of disasters that were happening off-field. What’s happening  right now is that the full extent of those disasters are becoming more exposed to a wider group of fans, and in the same time the one relief we have enjoyed has fallen off a cliff.

But the true story is that other people of the same culture, as the people who have been found to be woefully negligent towards our beloved club now, were also around 23 years ago and almost put us out of business. Decisions made then made us the SFA’s gimps for two decades concluding with a pitiful and hopeless attempt at what should have been a very lucrative sale of Hampden. For 20 years, various committees failed to plan for the time when our time would be up. Consequently, we have now swapped the SFA for another predator who has without any resistance shifted all his pieces on the board to make sure we are stuck on those two squares in the corner. And our current leaders just sat back and let it happen.

The misfiring of the current squad is almost negligible. The light you see at the end of the tunnel is actually an inter-city express train heading towards us.

6 minutes ago, 9queens said:

Queens held DUFC to 0-0

Not a stretch to achieve at least the same against our underperforming team

Doubt it. You’ve got our number. Clip it down the sides, cut it back, score. 

6 minutes ago, 9queens said:

Queens held DUFC to 0-0

Not a stretch to achieve at least the same against our underperforming team

I'm personally happy being a clear third after the preseason issues we had and the mid recruitment in the summer.

Where did you expect us to be, out of interest?

No easy games in this league but confident we can get the win to keep us ticking along nicely.

This notion we are clinging onto of being 3rd will start to disappear if we don’t win tomorrow AND on Saturday, with Dunfermline having games in hand and also rumoured to be signing players who would do a turn in the Championship.

7 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

This notion we are clinging onto of being 3rd will start to disappear if we don’t win tomorrow AND on Saturday, with Dunfermline having games in hand and also rumoured to be signing players who would do a turn in the Championship.

4th would do me as we get first leg at home 😎.

On 30/12/2023 at 23:00, an86 said:

Will be our lowest ever Firhill support. Be lucky if we take 200. Will only be the habituals, the lunatics and the people who hate life. See you in the Star and Garter. 

Thanks to the kids school holidays extending my visit home, this will be my first game if the season. I'd love to be category 1 but probably category 3. See you there!

3 minutes ago, RichRJohnstone said:

Thanks to the kids school holidays extending my visit home, this will be my first game if the season. I'd love to be category 1 but probably category 3. See you there!

Unforeseen circumstances mean that I’m no longer attending. Hopeful that I miss something ridiculous happening, but just can’t see it. 

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

Unforeseen circumstances mean that I’m no longer attending. Hopeful that I miss something ridiculous happening, but just can’t see it. 

I'm not going either but noticed Thistle are streaming the game.

17 hours ago, jagfox said:

I'm personally happy being a clear third after the preseason issues we had and the mid recruitment in the summer.

Where did you expect us to be, out of interest?

I'm happy with the league position and it's more or less where I expected us to be.

The performance levels have dropped below expectations. Dominant for spells v. Clueless for spells.

3 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

4th would do me as we get first leg at home 😎.

I’m the same. Much prefer it. However I do think we aren’t as much of a shoe in as we think for playoffs if we begin to actually lose more games. 

9 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

I’m the same. Much prefer it. However I do think we aren’t as much of a shoe in as we think for playoffs if we begin to actually lose more games. 

Yup,we were at same pivotal moment last year with two " must win " home games against the bottom teams....you know the rest of that script .

Lawless and Fitzpatrick have absolutely pumped us down the wings in every meeting so far this season, and I have no doubt they'll do the same again.

f**k knows why I'm going along to this today. As many other QP fans have said, morale and belief at an all time low for me.

I am the only one of my group going. My compadres have seen sense and found other things to do.  A sense of delusion has clearly taken over me. Time for some sort of therapy to heal me - three points would do that but I don't see that coming anytime soon.

35 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I am the only one of my group going. My compadres have seen sense and found other things to do.  A sense of delusion has clearly taken over me. Time for some sort of therapy to heal me - three points would do that but I don't see that coming anytime soon.

It's a tricky one! I'm still considering hopping off the tour bus for a day but then if we win, when can I go back just in case it's been my fault all along 😱