Morton vs Ayr 2nd January - New Year Cracker

Ayr have been absolute garbage tbh. Offered no real threat in the first hour and a bit of the game. 

Edited by GiGi

1 minute ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

How was Ayr on the same points as us they were utter pish. Zero shots on target for the entire match aswell, riddy.

Dunfermline and Raith fans wondered why we weren't further up the table last week. 

They don't watch us every week though. 

Glad to see that the Ayr rightback has vastly improved since his debut at cappielow earlier in the season. 

Absolute walk on the park. Not often you get to enjoy morton games knowing the game is over long before the end. 

Former Kilmarnock hero Alan Power coming on for a cameo and refusing to pass the ball just so he can skin Ayr players over and over again was an added highlight. 

56 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

I'd love to see the big laddie get a hat-trick. I can't think anyone else who deserves it more. Mon the Robbbiiiiiieeeeeeee

SORTED!.......           Soccer Player GIF by Sadie

1 hour ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Seems to be better on mobile phone than pc.

Yeah I swapped over then cast to tv.

Glad I did, quality has dropped in the last few months but still managed to catch most of it.

Edited by MORleyTON

Great win, very deserving.

Glad to see Robbie with the Hat trick, 2nd and 3rd goals were peaches...

Solid back play and should have maybe been 2 up within first 15-20 mins. Apart from a 10-15 spell in the first half, Ayr didn't threaten much and got Very frustrated towards the end of the 2nd half.

Very happy with yet another clean sheet.  Glad to see a positive cameo from Jai.

Speaking of cameo's, special mention to McGeady....

Airdrie winning the only damp patch on the results elsewhere.

Next two matches will be a solid test of where we've come. 

Edited by MORleyTON
Typo

12 minutes ago, MORleyTON said:

Airdrie winning the only damp patch on the results elsewhere

Right enough aye - but we're only 2 points behind them and still have a game in hand. Pars also lost today and we're only a point adrift from them. Happy New Year.

I've never been one to gloat -but based on today's performance, Ayr look like they're in serious trouble. I have absolutely no clue how Bullen's still in a job. As for us - we look more and more like last season's side with every game which goes by. Everything seems to be finally falling into place for us, and there's a genuine tenacity to our performances once again. And we're still not at full strength, although Jai looked OK today. Good to see him back, even if it was just for a wee while. My fondest hope is that we can scrape funds together to keep Lewis Strapp if money is indeed the issue. He's too much of an asset to the team to let go - and I can't think of any other Ton supporter who would say that his performances haven't proved that since his unexpected but welcome return.

Mon eh Ton.

Edited by Chippyminton