Stirling VS Accies

This being off obviously allows Falkirk to really build momentum. Not great as we need to keep up with them and not sure that we have the mentality to do so if they open up a big gap. 

42 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

It is, especially when we have covers to prevent such things

Wasn't aware the club had covers but, given how excellent the groundsman and the pitch at Forthbank are, surely getting some for the supermarket end of the ground, the area that always gets hit by the frost due to the lack of sunlight, should really be a priority and not that great an expense?

The loss of the TV money for this match and the obvious cancellation in hospitality tables will have been a sore one for the club today, especially when you consider the shambles of the game at Dumbarton last season, postponed about 84 times, which the club and supporters were rightly pissed off about. 

No winners when a game is postponed. After debacle with Dumbarton, this is a bitter pill. I am a simple punter and feel I should shoulder some  responsibility.  I could have contacted the club and asked about covers, rather than wait for a post on SM.   Re hospitality, hasn't be cancelled in the past. So would imagine it went ahead as norm.

Every day is a school day.

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

The loss of the TV money for this match

You don't get TV money for the league. It's distributed centrally through the prize money pool so usually your crowd will take a hit and you make less money.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why was the inspection left till less than an hour before kickoff. Seems ridiculous. I'd think most Hamilton fans would've left by then.

The inspection was at 2.15, I think, with the KO scheduled for 5.30pm, no?

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Why was the inspection left till less than an hour before kickoff. Seems ridiculous. I'd think most Hamilton fans would've left by then.

It wasn’t.  The game was cancelled early afternoon.

19 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

You don't get TV money for the league. It's distributed centrally through the prize money pool so usually your crowd will take a hit and you make less money.

Interesting. I take it that BBC Alba aren't tied to broadcast, re-scheduled match. 

2 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Interesting. I take it that BBC Alba aren't tied to broadcast, re-scheduled match. 

Not a clue. I wouldn't assume so unless they have another football slot to fill.

16 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Common sense is to reschedule this for Saturday 20th as both of us are out the Cup I think.

And indeed been confirmed as rescheduled for Saturday 20th January with kickoff at Forthbank that day back to a normal 3pm

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Pitch inspection tomorrow at 11:00. I confidently predict this will be postponed, embarrassing from Stirling again.

Do you have windows in your house?

Look at the fucking weather.