St Mirren v Green Cheeks 02/01/2024 It’s 5pm somewhere.

James McAvoy seems like a good guy and he is an excellent actor too. Less time for Gerard Butler but we are a broad church I suppose. 

Impressive performance from Celtic today. Looks like it is all coming together in the middle of the park, nicely timed too with Hatate coming back - with any luck for the first time this season we'll have real competition in who to start. Need more creativity out wide and a genuine challenger for left back and goalie, but things are feeling much better around Celtic than they were a few weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

I think I witnessed a miracle tonight.

Taylor looked to have suffered a career ending injury yet recovered to score a goal and finish the game. 

IMG_5943.jpeg.4c1404256a5bf7f0b958804c2561c190.jpeg

😜 

Come on, that looked like a career ending challenge. You could tell by the amount of rolls he had.

Like many St Mirren fans I’ve witnessed my team on the end of absolute scuddings in the past by Celtic. 

The difference in resources now is immense especially with the number of substitutions allowed in the modern game which only benefits the richer clubs. 

The results of the past involved far far better players on both sides.

I think this example below demonstrates my point.

Must have been a Daniel O’Donnell concert on at the same time judging by the crowd. 

IMG_5944.thumb.jpeg.1b9754c02f90e3deed120a15a2321c62.jpeg

On 01/01/2024 at 20:59, Molotov said:

Again you dealt with it in the right manner.
Had you carried on without giving a fcuk you’d probably have received a sore face. 
Did you manage to win that game away in Europe? 😂 

1-1, Calmac missed a sitter late on.

Thought the so called self proclaimed best fans in the world were very quiet tonight. I thought Killie had a better support. 

We beat ourselves with a poor start and the sending off. 

Shows our lack in midfield depth. Flynn looked out of it and Boyd Munce was found wanting . 

We dont have enough quality in the middle when Baccus and O'Hara is missing . 

3 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Thought the so called self proclaimed best fans in the world were very quiet tonight. I thought Killie had a better support. 

We beat ourselves with a poor start and the sending off. 

Shows our lack in midfield depth. Flynn looked out of it and Boyd Munce was found wanting . 

We dont have enough quality in the middle when Baccus and O'Hara is missing . 

With Strain, Baccus and O’Hara missing, that’s pretty much a killer for us before a ball is kicked against an ugly. Maybe Robbo’ should have tried Gogic in midfield and shook it up at the back. Ach well, etc.

Meh.

Could offer excuses relating to ye absence of O'Hara and Baccus, but in truth we've been playing without the real O'Hara for months anyway. Those two early goals could have gone in with our best team on the pitch, and our best team would have struggled to come back from 2-0 down. 

The red card was a red card - if he went in like that on someone's knee elsewhere on the pitch, it's a red all day long.

So yeah, glad that we kept the score respectable by virtue of Celtic taking the foot off and Hemming having a class game.

Obviously the endless niggly fouls that don't get given are a frustration, but that'll never change for clubs like ours. Days like this you miss the likes of Curtis Main who knew how to properly body defences.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Only losers in life in Scotland will support one or other of these two poisons. Success by association brings delight to individuals with a shite life. I would hate to be so sad and desperate that I need to pin my colours to either of these cancers. 

This absolutely reeks of insecurity. 

28 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

...... and only someone who perfectly matches the profile would be sad and stupid enough to "greenie" your post.

Never even got a chance to get going, fair play to celtic for that. feared it would be 6/7 at that point especially when down to 10 but celtic lacked a cutting edge. Games hard enough when we've 3 of our best players missing, the Baccus one is just ridiculous, he's away to play at the same tournament as all the celtic lads, but we lose him,while they get the extra game, leaves a bad taste. 

Red card is probably about right, although Hart does go down to waist height as the foot is going up. If it was left at a yellow i'm not sure anyone would have cared as the game was done anyway.

Last night also confirmed it was right to remove a stand from Celtic, hearing utter shit supporting the IRA from one stand is bad enough, 2 would be horrendous. Times have moved on while those fans have stayed in the past

1 hour ago, AussieBud said:

Never even got a chance to get going, fair play to celtic for that. feared it would be 6/7 at that point especially when down to 10 but celtic lacked a cutting edge. Games hard enough when we've 3 of our best players missing, the Baccus one is just ridiculous, he's away to play at the same tournament as all the celtic lads, but we lose him,while they get the extra game, leaves a bad taste.

Red card is probably about right, although Hart does go down to waist height as the foot is going up. If it was left at a yellow i'm not sure anyone would have cared as the game was done anyway.

Last night also confirmed it was right to remove a stand from Celtic, hearing utter shit supporting the IRA from one stand is bad enough, 2 would be horrendous. Times have moved on while those fans have stayed in the past

I thought the same with this. Australia start their games a day before Japan (and two days before Korea), which might explain why Baccus had to leave a day earlier but it did irk me. I suppose it's not Celtic's fault though.

As for the game, I'm just glad we never got a doing after the start we had. Felt a bit sorry for Olusanya as it was totally accidental, but I don't think he can complain. The VAR check and subsequent red card definitely took the focus away from Alistair Johnston's play acting moments before.

11 hours ago, Molotov said:

Like many St Mirren fans I’ve witnessed my team on the end of absolute scuddings in the past by Celtic. 

The difference in resources now is immense especially with the number of substitutions allowed in the modern game which only benefits the richer clubs. 

I would agree with this. I have no idea why they voted to keep the extra subs, it also helps us massively when we have more games to play.

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

...... and only someone who perfectly matches the profile would be sad and stupid enough to "greenie" your post.

You generally get told who you support at a very young age so your tear stained rant earlier makes little sense really. As @LuboMoravciksaid it absolutely reeks of insecurity.  I might wonder why someone supports a certain team or sport but to go on about it constantly comes across as a bit unhinged.

10 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

So what is it about Celtic that you like ? The obscene financial advantage that ensures they are almost always guaranteed to win domestically. ? Must be a nice , secure feeling knowing that 'your' club will always win.