St Mirren v Green Cheeks 02/01/2024 It’s 5pm somewhere.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

The point your arguing has little to do with @jimmy boomaking an arse of himself though. 'Terrorist lovers' etc is a common phrase used on here which no one really pulls anyone up about it much, some Celtic fans sing  songs about the provisional IRA so no complaints really here. Chucking in a country after who are currently committing abhorrent war crimes though is just thick AF really and loses any sort of moral high ground he was attempting.

'Some celtic fans'? Aye very good we hear your sectarian pish from the vast majority every time you're on the tv so don't try and claim otherwise. No wonder I gave this place a wide berth for months 🙄

56 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Yeah, seem to recall he had pretty poor spells at both St Mirren and Dunfermline in the 1990s. 

I'm sure he's from Paisley as well is he not?  Owns a pub in the town, been in it a couple of times before games against the Buddies.

His pub has been shut for about 15 years and is currently a tattoo shop.

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I thought it was the Rod Wallace goal but it was very obvious and definitely happened. Rangers went 1-0 up and both folk stated giving it full GIRUY gestures to Saints supporters around them in the stand and both got piled in on very quickly indeed.

I concur with this. It was after a Rod Wallace goal. I watched it unfold from the Main Stand and punches were thrown for sure.

Ejections, not accompanied by a doing, were the norm during that era for anyone identifying themselves as being in the wrong end.

7 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Ejections, not accompanied by a doing, were the norm during that era for anyone identifying themselves as being in the wrong end.

Saw a classic one in the LS end in the 80s , just when the separating fence had been installed , at that time they allowed away fans , who had entered at the home end  , to pass through a gate to the away end . If I hadn't seen this I wouldn't have believed it. Anyway,an RFC fan was walking round towards the NB to pass through said gate , a Saints fan worked out where he would pass the NB as he tracked him coming from behind the goals. The Saints fan placed himself at a barrier which the RFC fan would pass in front of , and when he arrived he was set upon by a few guys , leaving the RFC fan on the deck. One of the assailants then called a polis on the track to tell him about the bother , and the battered/bruised RFC fan was lifted !

6 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

'Some celtic fans'? Aye very good we hear your sectarian pish from the vast majority every time you're on the tv so don't try and claim otherwise. No wonder I gave this place a wide berth for months 🙄

I literally had a go at my own fans in the post you are quoting. I'm not claiming 'otherwise' or backtracking like you where you have now deleted the first  post. It's nobody elses fault other than yourself if you have avoided here for months then come back and made an arse of it. 

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

That's plausible apart from the 'got battered' bit, probably got papped out after complaints from home fans but given level of CCTV and police even then no one is going to give someone a tanking at the football as you would obviously get lifted and a lengthy ban from supporting your club.

I saw a commotion in the West Stand the day Connor Ronan scored from what I recall was about 40 yards out. I understand two guys near the front didn't make any effort to conceal their allegiance, by acknowledging the goal...which was a screamer. I think because of this they were easily identifiable and got quite a bit of abuse, until one of them eventually reacted and they were forced to leave. 

Personally, I think paying £33 and not be able to celebrate a goal is 💩. Then if folk do get suspicious, they'll bam you up all through the game. If you react you have to leave. If you react threateningly, there's a good chance you're going to get lifted and possibly a sore face into the bargain. If there is a fracas I'd imagine the police will take a particularly dim view of it, given that you will have deliberately violated the the segregation policy there to prevent disorder.

The scope of breach of the peace is wide, ranging from relatively minor allegations of shouting and swearing to sending abusive text messages and very serious allegations of sustained, violent behaviour and brandishing weapons.

That said, it's money in the club's coffers at the end of the day. I have no problem with away fans sitting in my vicinity as long as I don't know they're away fans, or as long as we win and I can 'share my jubilation' with those masquerading as fellow fans at the final whistle!   😁

Can't believe Flybhoy has managed to provoke a response by posting utter made up pish which only goes to prove yet again what a good decision our club made in giving the bigot brothers one stand.

Davy Hays pub etc etc lolololol, at least try and make a wind up believable. 

12 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I remember getting a bit over excited after Dembele scored in Monchengladbach a few years ago and quickly apologising to the German supporters around me fearing getting my head kicked in but, on the contrary they were absolutely fine with me acting like a bit of a twat and actually some were asking for selfies with me which I found totally fucking bizarre 🤷‍♂️🤣

For some reason picturing that scene is quite funny.

11 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I concur with this. It was after a Rod Wallace goal. I watched it unfold from the Main Stand and punches were thrown for sure.

Nope Wallace win the pen and then Albertz scored it. Two lads start jumping up and got into bother. YouTube has the highlights 

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Can't believe Flybhoy has managed to provoke a response by posting utter made up pish which only goes to prove yet again what a good decision our club made in giving the bigot brothers one stand.

Davy Hays pub etc etc lolololol, at least try and make a wind up believable. 

We went to a boozer early the game Gary Hooper scored the injury time winner [2010 maybe?] I'm sure that game was a later kick off for some reason, we had been to the same pub a couple of times before games at Love Street, I was under the impression it was Davie Hay's pub but, not being from Paisley can't say for sure. That's the last time I've had a drink in the town due to the lack of watering holes near the ground.

Thankfully being a virtual ever present at away matches since Covid my ticket is in the Celtic section today, I'll say to the others on the bus to say hiya to you and be well behaved.

16 hours ago, Molotov said:

As long as those fans in the home end behave themselves then no issue from me as many of us have done similar things down the years following club and country. 

We know they won't though.

Stewards should eject any obvious away fans in home end.

We know they won't do that either though.

At Saints 2-0 win last season there were two Celtic fans standing behind us in W3.  Bad enough before we scored, but couldn't enjoy the rest of the game for worrying about what might happen.