Dumbarton V East Fife 6/1/2024

Dumbarton V East Fife  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Difficult to  name an East Fife team for tomorrow.

Last week  we were down to the bare bones due to injury and illness. McDonald did say in the after match interview that things should be improved  for this week  but  Healy, Docherty, Page hopefully these three  make it.

It's difficult to  be optimistic, our recent record at the  Rock is awful. If Dumbarton get an early goal i will fear the worst ,which will pile  more pressure on Mcdonald especially if our team is stronger.

Ideally we will go :

-Fleming-

-Docherty-Page-Easton-Murdoch-

-McManus-Trouten-Walls-

-Shepherd-    -Austin-         - Healy-

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Difficult to  name an East Fife team for tomorrow.

Last week  we were down to the bare bones due to injury and illness. McDonald did say in the after match interview that things should be improved  for this week  but  Healy, Docherty, Page hopefully these three  make it.

It's difficult to  be optimistic, our recent record at the  Rock is awful. If Dumbarton get an early goal i will fear the worst ,which will pile  more pressure on Mcdonald especially if our team is stronger.

Ideally we will go :

-Fleming-

-Docherty-Page-Easton-Murdoch-

-McManus-Trouten-Walls-

-Shepherd-    -Austin-         - Healy-

Austin Healy?

Sounds like a 1950s car.

Give this weather was forecast all week, surely surely some sort of precautions were taken so this goes ahead.

It's cold. But it's not unseasonably extreme. If games are falling when it drops to -1/-2 overnight then we probably won't play a home game again until April.

I'm half a mile from the Rock and the sun is currently easing the frost.  However, as any fule knows there is a strip on the stand side of the pitch which is in permanent shade and I'd frankly be amazed if any precautions have been taken, as the covers on the trackside are apparently shot through.  We just need to hope that the temp rises sufficient for the pitch to ease.

In two weeks time we are due to host Rangers and you can bet your telly fee that the broadcaster will have a weather eye 👁️ on the pitch situation, never mind a whole lot of other folk.  The club might do well to consider this if the temps drop around the 20th.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm half a mile from the Rock and the sun is currently easing the frost.  However, as any fule knows there is a strip on the stand side of the pitch which is in permanent shade

Thought this was the reason the pitch was moved further away from the stand? So that strip no longer formed part of the lined out pitch?

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

1 minute ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Thought this was the reason the pitch was moved further away from the stand? So that strip no longer formed part of the lined out pitch?

I don't think that has any truth in it. It was narrowed because the manager wanted to make us harder to beat. We've moved the sideline about 3 or 4 yards in any case, I don't think it makes the slightest difference to the amount of sun it gets pre-3pm. 

14 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Moonster is correct, and it makes no difference when frost occurs.  One of the Stirling postponements last season was directly as a result of this.

The ground isn't completely frozen and by early afternoon it will probably take a stud but if there is any part of the pitch which retains a surface frost on which players are at risk then a ref will probably can it.

4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

GDKiAiMXUAAqctw.jpeg.thumb.jpg.7e574a2b5c41548218735f65e3bd3d3b.jpg

So, is Carlo forward one at right midfield? Think I'd much rather have dropped Blair to have our best full backs in place. And even if they are (hopefully), I don't want Blair starting in midfield either over T Wallace or Malcolm. Assuming Orsi is only "fit for the bench".

That's a bit more of a shake up than I was expecting. I wonder if a few other guys are carrying knocks? There looks like a bit of a lack of width there for me.

I'm wondering if it's 4-3-3? Carlo/Crighton/Lynas/Shiels. Midfield three of Blair/D.Wilson/Gray and a forward three of R.Wallace/Ruth and Jinky?

Or, 4-4-2 with Blair and Lynas as the full-backs. Then Carlo and someone else wide? 

I've no idea though.