QP vs Pars - Fri 5th Jan

Anything to distract myself from yesterday’s miserable on and off field embarrassments.

This should be an absolute stinker between two sides in poor form. We have been awful recently but QP have somehow not won in this league since August; a truly remarkable feat in a division as poor as this.

We will be missing at least six senior players - possibly more - and badly need reinforcements this month if we’re to avoid slipping further down the table.

The Spiders will simply not get an easier chance for three points.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The Spiders will simply not get an easier chance for three points.

Morton barely had enough players for a team and were in terrible form when we played them at home in October and the best we could scrape was a nil nil.

Airdrie game last week was also framed as a great opportunity to get the elusive win. We lost comfortably.

You can relax 

Huge game, we had a nice bit of cushion on those below us but it's gotten smaller in the last fortnight.

I've heard snippets that Matty Todd won't kick a ball again this season. I can't see Bene making it, or Breen, or Fisher so there's our three main centre halves out the picture. McCann won't be ready for this week, but possible the Airdrie game a week on Saturday. KRH and Andrew Tod still long term absences. Then we have the chances of someone just randomly not making it, like Paul Allan yesterday.

We'll need to go for something a bit different, because Hamilton and Otoo are the only two that could really go in and play there. Perheps move to a back four unless we plan on making any signings before Friday, very unlikely I'd imagine.

I'm not entirely sure of Sharp's contact, when he's due back at Dundee but I'd be tempted to chuck him in, or even Little. Mehmet's a liability.

Edited by The Toun Clock

We might have to play a back three of Comrie-Hamilton-Otoo, which wouldn't be a disaster tbh. If O'Halloran is OK after being ill and taking a dull one at Ayr, then he'll be fine at RWB as will Edwards at LWB. Chalmers is awful but really has to play as will Summers. If Allan is fit he'll be in there, if not it will be Moffat. Up front it'll be Wighton and Jakubiak again. Wighton looks in need of a rest and I don't think our style of play is helping him, but our only other option is Taylor Sutherland and I think it would be too much an ask for him to start. So we'll likely have a reasonable functioning XI (deliberately haven't mentioned a keeper as I don't have faith in any of the three of them) but on the bench it will be Moffat (who isn't an experienced player by any stretch) and then proper youth team players - Fenton, Hoggan, the Sutherland brothers, hell maybe even Jon Tod - but then I guess Queens Park are mostly an under-21 team so maybe that will be enough!

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

We might have to play a back three of Comrie-Hamilton-Otoo, which wouldn't be a disaster tbh. If O'Halloran is OK after being ill and taking a dull one at Ayr, then he'll be fine at RWB as will Edwards at LWB. Chalmers is awful but really has to play as will Summers. If Allan is fit he'll be in there, if not it will be Moffat. Up front it'll be Wighton and Jakubiak again. Wighton looks in need of a rest and I don't think our style of play is helping him, but our only other option is Taylor Sutherland and I think it would be too much an ask for him to start. So we'll likely have a reasonable functioning XI (deliberately haven't mentioned a keeper as I don't have faith in any of the three of them) but on the bench it will be Moffat (who isn't an experienced player by any stretch) and then proper youth team players - Fenton, Hoggan, the Sutherland brothers, hell maybe even Jon Tod - but then I guess Queens Park are mostly an under-21 team so maybe that will be enough!

You could field a five a side team and come away with at least a point.

Got to be looking to win this. Queens Park seem to have fallen apart and we need to be, at the very least, distancing ourselves from the teams at the bottom of the table. 2 of our next 3 games are against QP and we need to be demanding 6 points from those 2 games, to kickstart the season again. Ideally, we’d beat Airdrie in between too, but let’s just focus on this game first.

The injury situation is the same shambles we’ve been dealing with for a while. We need to find ways to win games - particularly when we face teams in free-fall like this. No excuses if we can’t find a way to win this.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Got to be looking to win this. Queens Park seem to have fallen apart and we need to be, at the very least, distancing ourselves from the teams at the bottom of the table. 2 of our next 3 games are against QP and we need to be demanding 6 points from those 2 games, to kickstart the season again. Ideally, we’d beat Airdrie in between too, but let’s just focus on this game first.

The injury situation is the same shambles we’ve been dealing with for a while. We need to find ways to win games - particularly when we face teams in free-fall like this. No excuses if we can’t find a way to win this.

Anything less than seven points from the next three games would be a disappointment tbh and a real concern.

QP have been atrocious for months; just look at the table over the last 15 games:

image.thumb.png.cb7cddc4a4290a12d4c851211ccfb1d6.png

Every team should be looking to beat them right now and Airdrie have the worst away record in the division.

Hopefully McPake will give his pre match today, and we can see who's in and who's not. I only really expect Paul Allan to feature that didn't on Tuesday. Unless some sort of miracle comes back on the scans with Bene, Breen and Matty. 

Difficult tie IMO. Tough week on and off the park - an away tie where QP's form and league position would suggest pressure is on to deliver 3 points. Another draw would be pretty depressing, while a defeat would likely take everyone to DEFCON 2.

Doubtful I'd change much from Tuesday, other than any enforced changes. Would prefer Summers/Moffat continued to get game time - Allan not really adding enough in a game we have to go try and win.

27 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Doubtful I'd change much from Tuesday, other than any enforced changes. Would prefer Summers/Moffat continued to get game time - Allan not really adding enough in a game we have to go try and win.

Flip side to that is that if its level (or we're behind) say say 20 minutes, half an hour left and Moffat is already on then all you have is Allan (or Sutherland) to try and get something. At least if you start Allan and bring on Moffat if needed it might give us a bit of a lift. I don't know. The squad being decimated by injuries just makes it tough to make the call I guess.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

are you better or worse than when we won 2-0 at Hampden earlier in the season?

We were absolutely shite that day, so I wouldn’t say worse but I also wouldn’t say better. 

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

are you better or worse than when we won 2-0 at Hampden earlier in the season?

I still think that was one of our worst performances yet tbh, probably top 5 anyway which in a run of 15 winless games is bad.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Wonder if he might switch Summers and Moffat. Summers was utterly burst by full time.

Whatever combination of what ever you do here won’t matter. It’ll be effective enough. Just clip it down the side, either cut it back and slot it in, or loft it onto the head of an attacker who will score from a stationary position. 

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Wonder if he might switch Summers and Moffat. Summers was utterly burst by full time.

Summers took a dunt in a tackle against Rovers. Was surprised he wasn't subbed at time.