QP vs Pars - Fri 5th Jan

4 Dunfermline players within a yard of the boy who scored - who only moved the ball a total of about 5 yards unchallenged.

Decent goal made to look better by some terrible, terrible defending.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Most people absolutely do not think McPake was harshly sacked. He was completely incompetent.

And unfortunately, as likeable guy as he is, he's highlighting that at Dunfermline right now regardless of injuries IMO.

I have only ever heard Dundee fans say that he’s likeable. He comes across a massive c**t whenever I’ve heard or seen him. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Most people absolutely do not think McPake was harshly sacked. He was completely incompetent.

And unfortunately, as likeable guy as he is, he's highlighting that at Dunfermline right now regardless of injuries IMO.

Shows what clueless idiot you are are if you are looking at tonight at some kind of gauge to the job he's doing. To dismiss pretty much our full team injured?

I’m gonna be honest, I’m not sure the kids on the bench can really be worse than what any of our players have shown tonight. Makeshift back line, but that doesn’t explain everyone else’s performances.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I have only ever heard Dundee fans say that he’s likeable. He comes across a massive c**t whenever I’ve heard or seen him. 

He can be a bit of a greeting pus. Certainly noticed that since he left and he certainly holds a petty grudge but hes an all in figure. Buys into the club hes at and gives his all above just the managerial job. Got involved with a lot of the community stuff and became a paid member of the 1893 Club etc.  I liked him.

Terrible manager though. Injuries aside, why he thought giving Mehmet a 3 year deal and pairing up two non-scoring strikers in Jakubiak and Wighton were recipes for success - I've no idea.

Once again, like when he got us promoted, his loyalty to far too many players and just signing people he's mates with or managed before will cost him long term at Dunfermline IMO.

Just now, CallumPar said:

I’m gonna be honest, I’m not sure the kids on the bench can really be worse than what any of our players have shown tonight. Makeshift back line, but that doesn’t explain everyone else’s performances.

Of coure it does? Moffat at left back, Edwards at centre back, Summer hobbling about injured the whole game.

Aye, as shite as we've been it's hard to be too critical when we have 7 first picks out and are playing three of four guys out of position and two or three others who are nowhere near fit. If we'd have held on til the 75 minute mark or something there was a chance Queens Park would panic and we could either get the draw or nick a winner but as it stands I'm just kicking myself I didn't take the 2/1 some bookies were offering on Queens to win tonight.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

Shows what clueless idiot you are are if you are looking at tonight at some kind of gauge to the job he's doing. To dismiss pretty much our full team injured?

No, I'm basing it on the likes of him signing strikers that don't score and handing out contracts to players like Mehmet (3 years FFS!) that just aren't near Championship level.

Only so long you can blame injuries before the buck stops with the manager. You've had a lot of bad luck, sure and tonight was always going to be difficult but you're accepting mediocrity right now IMO.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

He can be a bit of a greeting pus. Certainly noticed that since he left and he certainly holds a petty grudge but hes an all in figure. Buys into the club hes at and gives his all above just the managerial job. Got involved with a lot of the community stuff and became a paid member of the 1893 Club etc.  I liked him.

Terrible manager though. Injuries aside, why he thought giving Mehmet a 3 year deal and pairing up two non-scoring strikers in Jakubiak and Wighton were recipes for success - I've no idea.

Once again, like when he got us promoted, his loyalty to far too many players and just signing people he's mates with or managed before will cost him long term at Dunfermline IMO.

I was just thinking that it would be great to have one of Jakubiak or Wighton playing off of Anton Dowds. But they seem to get in each others way when they play together.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've never seem him described as 'likeable' before?  He always come across as a snide wee arsehole imo.

Apologies  - noticed I'm a bit late with my views.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I was just thinking that it would be great to have one of Jakubiak or Wighton playing off of Anton Dowds. But they seem to get in each others way when they play together.

Jakubiak is excellent foil for an out and out striker. He was excellent beside Zach Robinson last season. But he's never gonna get you goals. Pointless signing when Wighton is your other striker.