Clyde Vs Bonnyrigg

A well deserved win but the two goals we conceded were chronic. Bonnyrigg would scarcely have believed their luck at the first goal. Hopefully a pair of full backs and a goalkeeper, at least, arrive this week. The drop off when the subs came on was fairly apparent too but you can’t change a squad overnight.

A huge win too given Elgin’s result. Maybe Forfar are the team to catch after all?

Needlessly nervy at the end, but for the most part that was good. Definitely still need a handful to add to those already signed, but what a difference being able to play a back four with two quick, aggressive, technically adept centre-backs. Lyon was actually having a very decent game up until his blunder too and Dunachie was decent against limited opposition. Scullion had a fine game further forward and while there's more to come from Leitch, he showed some nice touches and combined really well with King ahead of the opener. On that point, I'd love for us to try and extend that loan based on what we saw today but that may be unlikely.

Big win and hopefully that gives them some belief. The shackles really came off as soon as we went two up and we were playing some lovely stuff. Long may the improvements continue!

ETA: Ray Grant is worth a word as well, he and Cuddihy gave us great control of that game. Subbing him was definitely the right call given his circumstances, let's hope he can build up his fitness and remain fit as he will be a massive player for the battle to come.

Edited by the_bully_wee

8 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Destined for years of languishing in the bottom half of this league. Spartans seem to be fairing well. Never going to go higher without change. 

Yeah but Spartans are splashing the cash around, it won't last.

Certainly a last few (unnecessary) nervy minutes, what was Ross Lyon playing at? He had an excellent game up to that mistake.

Connor Young was different class today, could see how afraid Rose were of him, kept trying to put him in the air at any given opportunity.

Ray Grant showed just how much of a miss he has been this season, he was outstanding in the middle of the park, could see why he was hooked after 60 mins but think that changed the game and allowed Bonnyrigg to come into it a lot more.

Really need to bring in a keeper and a left back as a priority this week, a striker too would be decent but for me they are the two massive holes in the side we need to sort first.

Feels very strange walking away on a Saturday with a smile on my face at 4:45.

5 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Yeah but Spartans are splashing the cash around, it won't last.

We could have signed every single one of their players at some stage if we’d wanted to. 

Absolutely no idea what Lyon was thinking, made the last 10 minutes nervy for no reason. We had controlled it from the start. 

We sit above the park at Hamilton and I’ve still got a sore neck from watching Bonnyrigg. There’s very little technical ability in that side. 

Overall much better, and with a few more additions hopefully more performances like that to come. The third goal was an absolute peach, but the first was also well worked. Connor Young does a power of work up front, and is taking chances when they come now. 

A much better performance and a much needed win, even if we did fade a bit in the second half.  I thought that Ross Lyon played well in the first half.  He certainly made up for it in the second half.   A nightmare.  To me, the game changed when Ray Grant was hooked. I thought that he was solid.  And what a delivery from Scullion for that second goal.  Surprised too that they left it so late to bring on Osolodor.  Ah well, it's the Clyde way I know.  But my nerves were shot for the last five minutes.  

What huge difference in performance when most of the players can actually control and pass a ball

Hamilton looks a terrific player, very calm and on the ball looks really comfortable, Leitch looks to me to be one of those guys who has such good vision and control that his effectiveness will often go unnoticed, again looks an excellent player. Ray Grant as most are saying is like a new signing. These guys  all brought the best out of the likes of Scullion and Young. Have to say also that Dunnachie did a great job as cover at RB. Which surprised me. 
Absolutely bossed the game till Ross Lyon did a Ross Lyon, hopefully that’s his last start for us (I concede though that he was decent for an hour). If that doesn’t happen we comfortably win that 3-0 and maybe even add to that. However, instead we gat nervy last 5 mins. 

Hopefully a LB another couple on Midfield players and a forward please and we will certainly win more than we lose. I’ll certainly enjoy my beer tonight!

Those two goals were particularly annoying as Clyde completely controlled that game. Even the second half was managed and dictated and it did not look like there was any danger of Bonnyrigg scoring. I don't think Bonnyrigg created a single decent chance until the save Leighfield had at the near post when it was 3-1.

Everyone was excellent whilst looking very at ease. Scullion was excellent as was Young. I was just struck by how significantly better a side Clyde looked than Bonnyrigg. Haven't seen Clyde be significantly better than anyone for a long time. 

Big month coming up but this looked like a decent team playing well rather than a flash in the pan result. Time will tell rather that's accurate or not.