27 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Daft wee kids about 14 / 15 at Beveridge Park where the bus was parked and then up the road a wee bit when we were on the move.  Someone said it had happened at your previous home game too. 

Unlikely to be any cameras to catch it then unfortunately. Hopefully not much damage done or anyone hurt more importantly. 

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

Unlikely to be any cameras to catch it then unfortunately. Hopefully not much damage done or anyone hurt more importantly. 

Does make you wonder what would happen if the bus screeched to a halt and some people piled out…little f**kers would probably have shit themselves.

15 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Thought it was 2,000 well that makes sense then 

Original design was 1700. Changed to accommodate the Royal Box for 42 VIPs.  Masterstroke.  Although tbf I think costs ballooned during COVID and the all the material was coming from China,  we were well off the pace in L1 at the time the decision was taken.

43 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Original design was 1700. Changed to accommodate the Royal Box for 42 VIPs.  Masterstroke.  Although tbf I think costs ballooned during COVID and the all the material was coming from China,  we were well off the pace in L1 at the time the decision was taken.

Will it ever be increased or just keep the cosy agreement? That royal box is a joke and an affront to any normal football fan imo ( sure you guys agree as well) 

15 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Absolutely appalling that stones were thrown at a QP bus yesterday. Absolutely indefensible and hopefully the culprits are caught and banned from Stark's Park.

If they were grown men, aye. Let he who hasn’t been a daft wee boy cast the first stone, so to speak, though. 

It’s obviously not good at all, but just stick some cops up where the buses are and put the frighteners up them if they’re caught. You don’t think about consequences at that age and they’re probably just looking to get a chase.

It’s easy to say “wee b*****ds, ban them” but what does it achieve in the long run? Another couple of hours bored, with time to kill on a Saturday afternoon. Actually better to get them in and involved than do that. Not a reward by any means, but getting them to “volunteer” to do a bit of graft for a few weeks would be a better path imo.

40 minutes ago, an86 said:

If they were grown men, aye. Let he who hasn’t been a daft wee boy cast the first stone, so to speak, though. 

It’s obviously not good at all, but just stick some cops up where the buses are and put the frighteners up them if they’re caught. You don’t think about consequences at that age and they’re probably just looking to get a chase.

It’s easy to say “wee b*****ds, ban them” but what does it achieve in the long run? Another couple of hours bored, with time to kill on a Saturday afternoon. Actually better to get them in and involved than do that. Not a reward by any means, but getting them to “volunteer” to do a bit of graft for a few weeks would be a better path imo.

Surprised there is no video footage of this IF it did happen 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

people normally like to whip out the phones in instances like this but so far nothing 

*edit. It’s a genuine ? About the footage. All the dislikes 👎 are absolutely fine but I’m pretty sure u would b asking the same 👍

Edited by mrraith71

Just now, mrraith71 said:

Surprised there is no video footage of this IF it did happen 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

people normally like to whip out the phones in instances like this but so far nothing 

Behave. 

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

Will it ever be increased or just keep the cosy agreement? That royal box is a joke and an affront to any normal football fan imo ( sure you guys agree as well) 

The Royal Box certainly gets most fans back's up that's for sure. Apparently it has quite a hospitality suite attached to it and I am told the thinking was the club would make more cash hiring out for events Monday to Friday than filling an away stand twice a month.  Interesting to see if that is the case when the club accounts are finally published.  

I expect we will continue to play at big Hampden until we are told not to or get relegated as Lesser could accommodate most L1 crowds with the addition of a temporary stand.

49 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

The Royal Box certainly gets most fans back's up that's for sure. Apparently it has quite a hospitality suite attached to it and I am told the thinking was the club would make more cash hiring out for events Monday to Friday than filling an away stand twice a month.  Interesting to see if that is the case when the club accounts are finally published.  

I expect we will continue to play at big Hampden until we are told not to or get relegated as Lesser could accommodate most L1 crowds with the addition of a temporary stand.

As I understand it, the Royal Box makes it impractical to add additional seating around it due to blocked sight lines, what is the reality with regards to fully build out capacity as it stands? I know you’re space constrained, so maybe a few terrace places and a couple of small additional seating areas.

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

As I understand it, the Royal Box makes it impractical to add additional seating around it due to blocked sight lines, what is the reality with regards to fully build out capacity as it stands? I know you’re space constrained, so maybe a few terrace places and a couple of small additional seating areas.

You would have thought (hoped) that it would be possible to build a Royal Box in such a way that   a stand could be built beside it or around it somehow. Lesser Hampden has very limited space anyway, the last thing they should have done is build a Folly that reduced the long term maximum capacity of the ground by about 8-900.

madness.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Not quite sure tbh.  There are apparently plans held by the club for up to two temporary stands, presumably behind both goals as that would likely be the most cost effective option.  No idea on the likely capacity but a guesstimate on my part would be at least 4-500 at the Sommerville Drive (North end) and somewhere between 2-300 at the Letherby Drive (South end). 

15 hours ago, TxRover said:

Does make you wonder what would happen if the bus screeched to a halt and some people piled out…little f**kers would probably have shit themselves.

I've seen that happen before when walking past the park on the way back to the train station.  The guys getting off the bus had no intention of actually doing anything.  They just piled out to laugh at the wee guys running away as everyone knew they would. 

19 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Not quite sure tbh.  There are apparently plans held by the club for up to two temporary stands, presumably behind both goals as that would likely be the most cost effective option.  No idea on the likely capacity but a guesstimate on my part would be at least 4-500 at the Sommerville Drive (North end) and somewhere between 2-300 at the Letherby Drive (South end). 

South stand would be 500, either temporary or permanent. Although bizarrely the SFA licensing requirement for Bronze level, which was the original target doesn’t actually demand any seats, just covered area for a certain size, 500 from memory TX Rover will fix that if I’m wrong). So I’d be inclined to save time and money and just make that a wee terrace, like at Stenny.
North stand was always in abeyance as the plan there was to build a stand roughly in line aesthetically with the East and South and use the land behind it for sale or development for lease.  There’s no planning permission yet for the North end.

I’ve absolutely no evidence for the next bit, but in Haughey’s head I suspect he sees the Hampden Campus as part of his future. First step to that would be the naming rights for Hampden, and then acquisition. The SFA would rent both grounds, QP would move to Second Hampden. All construction services supplied by City Group. I’m sure that’ll get me another “Tin Hat” award from Anonymous Spider.

If any Sun Sports journalist is watching, the paragraph above is 100% factual and just waiting on the ink to dry on the deal.

28 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

South stand would be 500, either temporary or permanent. Although bizarrely the SFA licensing requirement for Bronze level, which was the original target doesn’t actually demand any seats, just covered area for a certain size, 500 from memory TX Rover will fix that if I’m wrong). So I’d be inclined to save time and money and just make that a wee terrace, like at Stenny.
North stand was always in abeyance as the plan there was to build a stand roughly in line aesthetically with the East and South and use the land behind it for sale or development for lease.  There’s no planning permission yet for the North end.

I’ve absolutely no evidence for the next bit, but in Haughey’s head I suspect he sees the Hampden Campus as part of his future. First step to that would be the naming rights for Hampden, and then acquisition. The SFA would rent both grounds, QP would move to Second Hampden. All construction services supplied by City Group. I’m sure that’ll get me another “Tin Hat” award from Anonymous Spider.

If any Sun Sports journalist is watching, the paragraph above is 100% factual and just waiting on the ink to dry on the deal.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/11172/sfa-club-licensing-manual-2024.pdf

Page 25, you are correct until 2025, when 100 covered seats of the 500 covered capacity becomes a requirement. Note the “cover” is stated as “adequate”, without defining that.

From the inside of the Royal Box looking out. The food was wonderful from whoever is the QP chef. He/she would put many a top named chef to shame. Got a wee tour of the changing rooms as well. Impressive. Based on Spurs set up apparently and currently used by the national team when the players train at the City Stadium? aka Lesser Hampden.IMG_20231111_1323014.thumb.jpg.9fba648460379fd2efd2fcf1fa60bf43.jpg

Edited by embow

1 hour ago, embow said:

From the inside of the Royal Box looking out. The food was wonderful from whoever is the QP chef. He/she would put many a top named chef to shame. Got a wee tour of the changing rooms as well. Impressive. Based on Spurs set up apparently and currently used by the national team when the players train at the City Stadium? aka Lesser Hampden.IMG_20231111_1323014.thumb.jpg.9fba648460379fd2efd2fcf1fa60bf43.jpg

Everything that’s ring with football summed up in a single image. 

2 hours ago, embow said:

From the inside of the Royal Box looking out. The food was wonderful from whoever is the QP chef. He/she would put many a top named chef to shame. Got a wee tour of the changing rooms as well. Impressive. Based on Spurs set up apparently and currently used by the national team when the players train at the City Stadium? aka Lesser Hampden.

image.png.c159935361a578bc08cd2cdd71acf4fb.png