Just now, embow said:

Beaten by the far better team as far as I can tell. Unlucky at the death with the free kick but we've had more than our share of  luck earlier in the season.

New manager bounce and manager of the month award combine to spoil the weekend.🥺

Classic Rovers. Seen it so often in the past 60+ years. 

It’s what we call Typical Rovers, it’s to be expected. 

4 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It was always going to happen  when you prioritise every other position except defence. McNeil who threw in a shit ton of goals when he played for Edinburgh City. But hey that’s not a problem. You can tell Easton wants away with that display AGAIN. 

Cannae blame McNeil for this, Hes supposed to have a defence in front of him 

It's actually embarrassing but this has been coming all season. 

Every bloody game pretty much we finish with 6 players upfront, it's a joke. The formation and personnel starting needs completely changed. A good few need dropped Easton, Vaughan, Byrne, Connolly, cannae drop the defence as they are all injured 😂

Woeful, again all comes down to poor management decisions in my eyes. Murray really worries me with his inability to spot the glaring issues in front of him. Defence and a striker, instead he brings in another midfielder?! Maybe Matthews is crocked again, who knows but we are over run with midfielders. 

So poor 😒

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Mullin has done enough to justify his inclusion and I'm not sure playing Masson for either of them would've been a net benefit, but you're spot on in that it's exactly the kind of goal you don't concede with two full time defenders in there. Just a wee bit too much space in behind Mullin but it's an absolutely brilliant pass into that area and then a great finish. 

Frustrating because we've been in almost complete control of the midfield, but we haven't really converted that into clear chances and, as we well know, you're always running a risk when you've only got a single goal lead. 

Absolutely agree Mullin on, but not as the RB. I think if you want Mullin at RB, put Masson at CB and slide Brown forward with Byrne…otherwise, Masson at RB with Brown at CB. Either way, we have a taller player in the middle when Byrne gets beaten for the second goal too. IM isn’t going to give Masson a chance, it’s clear he’s leaving at seasons end, which I think is a big mistake. Corr won’t re-sign with us, because he isn’t getting much play either, another problem caused by IM’s fanatical devotion to “his” players. IM is a good coach, but when his boys are off the boil or simply not the right ones to play somewhere, he needs to rein it in.

Well, that was shite. Early goal, had some chances, then came the equaliser. After that we were just flattened. No idea what to do and no sense of control. 

Ferrie had a couple of good saves, but we make it difficult for ourselves with the amount of goals we concede. 

Not a good week. 

6 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

McNeil who threw in a shit ton of goals when he played for Edinburgh City.

Not having that. He had a U-20 team in front of him and made the games much closer than they had any right to be. McNeil not at fault for either goal, can’t say the same for IM.

8 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It was always going to happen  when you prioritise every other position except defence. McNeil who threw in a shit ton of goals when he played for Edinburgh City. But hey that’s not a problem. You can tell Easton wants away with that display AGAIN. 

No idea why a goalkeeper that did nothing wrong today is worthy of such a shout. 

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Well, that was shite. Early goal, had some chances, then came the equaliser. After that we were just flattened. No idea what to do and no sense of control. 

Ferrie had a couple of good saves, but we make it difficult for ourselves with the amount of goals we concede. 

Not a good week. 

It's not been good since the 16th dec, with the exception of the Pars match 

The alarm bells started ringing for me after seeing how quickly we folded from 2-0 to 3-2 against Partick.  We ultimately won that,  but ever since then we've looked a fair bit off it, minus the Utd game.  

Ultimately,  we were in control of the game at 1-0, but despite the wealth of attacking players we have we didn't create anywhere near enough.  At 1-1, it just felt like that was it.  Can't win every game by the skin of our teeth.

Didn't think we had the squad for a title challenge without the right reinforcements, but the speed at which we've folded is really concerning. 

Can't say I remember Raith diving quite as much as that in our previous two games, it was genuinely incredible, Easton predictably the biggest culprit. Hopefully he's absolutely gutted.

Thought we were fantastic in that second half and deserved the win. That was a team finally playing with confidence, something that has been see seriously lacking all season. 

Thoroughly pleasing.

Disjointed performance throughout. Two wonderful saves from Ferries, one of the best I've seen in a very long time from Hamilton's header. Connolly man of the match was a laugh though, so fair play to the sponsors for injecting some humour into the game. 

Thought Turner played well, his ability to hit a pass directly to a team mate with both power and precision, in contrast to Brown and Byrne skittering balls across the pitch slowly. Easton was off the boil, Vaughan was throwing himself to the ground more often and Hamilton just couldn't get a decent final touch. 

Corr was decent, after the first few minutes, good to see him back on the pitch

Too many players wanting too long on the ball when a quicker release would pay dividends. And if Vaughan would stay on his feet a bit more we'd all be better off. What happened for the 2nd goal I do not know, but when we end the game with 2 in defence, 1 of whom is not a defender, you know Murrayball has been taken too far.

But at least we got another good midfielder in, eh? I fear for Matthews future.

I’ve been quite critical of the team in recent weeks, we’ve been well off it and I thought the Ayr and Arbroath performances were awful.

However, I genuinely thought we were better today, it wasn’t an awful performance and I don’t think we deserved to get beat. We obviously weren’t brilliant but Queens Park were clinical we weren’t. Goals we lost were poor (first was an excellent finish tbf) but what you expect when you have makeshift back 4. The only player playing in his natural position was Liam Dick and I thought he was woeful, struggled to find his own man all day.

However, we still created enough opportunities to get something from the game. A combination of poor finishing (particularly from Hamilton) a bit of a bad luck and some excellent goalkeeping from Ferrie kept us out.

I said after the Arbroath game there was no chance we win the league, I expect most fans will agree now but 2nd would be an excellent season and something to build on whether we go up or not. We carried a lot of luck earlier in the season, some wee things are now going against us, it happens and you can see the wave of confidence that was carrying us through games has gone at the moment but I’m honestly less frustrated today than after the Ayr/Arbroath games.

Caveat being Queens Park are obviously one of the poorest teams in the league. However, credit to them for a huge result, they worked hard were well organised and showed a level of game management that they lacked and had cost them in previous games. I thought they rode their luck a bit and probably fortunate to get the 3 points in my opinion but given how the previous two games between the sides went, I can’t really begrudge them getting the breaks today.

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not having that. He had a U-20 team in front of him and made the games much closer than they had any right to be. McNeil not at fault for either goal, can’t say the same for IM.

Agree McNeil looked decent. Good kicks too

Edited by mrraith71

8 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Disjointed performance throughout. Two wonderful saves from Ferries, one of the best I've seen in a very long time from Hamilton's header. Connolly man of the match was a laugh though, so fair play to the sponsors for injecting some humour into the game. 

Thought Turner played well, his ability to hit a pass directly to a team mate with both power and precision, in contrast to Brown and Byrne skittering balls across the pitch slowly. Easton was off the boil, Vaughan was throwing himself to the ground more often and Hamilton just couldn't get a decent final touch. 

Corr was decent, after the first few minutes, good to see him back on the pitch

Agree won headers looked comfortable good tackles.

Thought turner looked fantastic first half, quiet the second but he has something.