Arbroath v Ayr battle for the bottom

14 minutes ago, WHM said:

The wind look like it was going across the pitch first half,then it seemed to change 2nd half towards the Arbroath goal.

I did think this however it does not help when your goalkeeper is such a moron that he tries the same kick about 35 times and is surprised when each one lands in the McDonalds Drive Thru.

4 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I did think this however it does not help when your goalkeeper is such a moron that he tries the same kick about 35 times and is surprised when each one lands in the McDonalds Drive Thru.

To be fair, if he went across the pitch it just comes back towards his own box. I would quite happily settle for giving away a throw in every kick out. 

One of the worst 1st halfs I've ever seen...well since Saturday! Spent the time watching the workers at the NT. Hope those poor buggers are being paid well working until after 9 on a night like this 🤣

Second half we were much improved and there was only ever going to be one winner. 

Arbroath looked doomed in all honesty. Threadbare squad with another injury tonight. Not sure changing manager has made one jot of difference 

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Arbroath looked doomed in all honesty. Threadbare squad with another injury tonight. Not sure changing manager has made one jot of difference 

Been a big difference since McIntyre came in. We’ve picked up points we should really never have with our squad or lack of squad I should say. Campbell assembled an awfully unbalanced side and gambled on key players not getting injured and it absolutely backfired leaving us and then McIntyre in the shit. 

since he’s come in we have had a shape and played some decent stuff at times but when you can’t play the same 11 players for more than 45 mins any game cause someone gets injured what chance have you got in getting any momentum.

Tonight we finished the game with a striker at right back, a winger at CB and midfielder who played at leftback. I’d say McIntyre has actually over achieved so far points wise with the farce of all these injuries. Under Campbell we would be well rooted to bottom a good few more points off any other team. 

First half, Ayr controlled the first half hour without having a shot on target, played some decent stuff on the deck and the wind didn't really have any effect on the game. Arbroath got in behind us a couple of times but didn't really threaten. 

At half time, the wind picked up significantly and swing round towards the Somerset road end, the subs were passing to each other and the ball was turning at right angles. 

Second half, Ayr had more of the ball but the final ball was terrible, not really caused by the wind, there was maybe 6 crosses in to the box, right behind the players in the middle. The penalty was for hand ball, the Arbroath player almost caught the ball when he fell. Murphy skelped the bar, it hit the keeper on the deck and spun wide. Once Ayr scored, Arbroath kind of gave up, they had been trying to kill the game for much of it to try and play for a draw and it could have worked. Ayr were pretty flat up front, a lot of good link up play but the final ball was always poor. 

For all the injuries, Arbroath were well organised to contain us but created almost nothing all game. If they get players back soon, They will be back in the fight.