Accies VS Cove

11 hours ago, BigBry1922 said:

Are you surprised there is a malaise over the club?

look at the way some of the fans talk about their own club, you can be disappointed in results but you get idiots that spend more time with personal agendas bringing the club down.   The same people wonder why no one in the community wants to support the club and you just have to look at the way a certain element react on social media for the whole community to see.

The so called happy clappers seem to get a ripping but at least they are out there cheering on the team even if it seems to displease the two contrarians that can’t get over the past when they thought they were the main fans.

Who are the 2 contrarians you speak of? 

I think most of the fans are a bit concerned with where the clubs end goal is with the numerous repetitive sign and release method. 

Let’s be honest Cove are not a very attractive club for any player to go to. Poor facility, poor fan base, a real lack of leadership. I can see the club slowly following the likes of Edinburgh City sooner or later 

32 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Only one winner for me and it isn’t Cove. Whilst we beat Hamilton comfortably in the end at least they were competitive. 

I agree. We're lacking creativity and quality in the middle of the park to build and sustain attacks. Defence doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Both Falkirk and Accies have recruited players that every other L1  side would have been thrilled about signing by large in my opinion. League positions and points tally hold true so today will be a test.

Accies 1/2 on which is probably about right even for 2nd v 3rd in the table.

Screenshot_20240113_103404_bet365.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I’d fancy Cove to get something today while Falkirk add atleast another +5 to the goal difference (despite the league already being over).  Hartley has showed time and time again at his clubs he has our number while Rankin still makes naive errors.

I expect Williamson to start with Makenzie Kirk coming off the bench because you just can’t drop O’Hara 🙃.

1-1

12 hours ago, BigBry1922 said:

Are you surprised there is a malaise over the club?

No, I’m not surprised. 

The identity of the club is quite opaque at the moment, no one quite knows the direction of travel. It seems it’s being well run in some departments but in football operations it seems there is no real direction or long term plan, if there is it’s certainly not clear. There seems to be unwavering faith in the manager whatever the outcome which rankles a lot of people and no real vision about recruitment or youth development. We have/had 3 raw fairly gifted young players (as a ex junior level player myself I truly see something in them) who have barely gotten a chance and that rankles the most about the manager. We have players on the books who don’t even play and I know first hand we are struggling to attract the talent we have had since the HL days (including our main transfer target this season) due to the FT model. Was this really all thought through or did we believe agents telling us there was no shortage of players willing to come? 

It doesn’t stop me from getting behind the team for 90 mins nor do I think the manager or anyone else for that matter should go, but a lot of people are starting to question where we are headed. It’s natural surely? 

Edited by Watson Nimrod

1 hour ago, BPM Again said:

Only one winner for me and it isn’t Cove. Whilst we beat Hamilton comfortably in the end at least they were competitive. 

Agree with this. Fancy Hamilton to take all 3 points.

The only way Cove might sneak something today is if they change their tactics completely, go two up front with a partner for Burrell and take a few more risks than they did against Falkirk. They were fairly well organised against Falkirk for the first half hour, however, like QoS they seemingly had no plan to actually score and win the game, it was all about damage limitation, so interesting to see if they treat Hamilton in the same way.

Team as expected with Owens in for Newbury and Williamson for Hewitt. It'll be interesting to see how Williamson slots in as he was presumably signed to play alongside Martin so we still don't have a direct replacement. 

After a poor first half I was impressed with how we played with 10 men. We were always gonna be stretched, but I thought we defended our box well and Jamie Smith was pretty assured. O'Hara is exactly what you want when you're down to 10 due to his work rate and threat in behind, and Rankin's decision to move Barjonas wide was an effective one to give us more control. Great to see Owens come back and do so well too. 

For me, a game of very fine margins. Thought our goalkeepers performance and the graft from o'hara was the difference. Cove had far too many chances from our poor defensive play and but for some fine saves we could have easily lost today. 

I think we are still far too defensive / negative at home. We start the game with aggression and force Cove into mistakes. We convert one then instead of continuing with that aggression and attack, we fade out and the rest of the half was very poor 

Second have wasn't great and the final score flaters us tbh. 

End of the day we ground out a win and closed the gap a little. Really need to hope the new guys can chip in with some goals as we continue to pose very little threat going forward.

Bringing Winters on was another strange choice for me. Not sure what he has done to be back in the squad. Was he injured, unfit or just not interested when he came on? Didn't look like a player busting a gut to keep his place. Lewis Smiths confidence looks shot again too. Don't get the obsession with starting him on one wing, then switching wings, then subbing him off in the second half of games. 

A pretty dull but comfortable win for me, although agree the defence looked shakey and Cove managed to carve out some chances until they had Doyle sent off then it was game over.

That was a scandalous decision to send Williamson off, the ref wasn’t even giving a fouls for a clean challenge then sent him off solely for hearing the Cove players screams. He then gives Doyle a harsh second yellow to even it up as one of his colleagues must have had a word in his ear.

On Lewis Smith it was nothing new to be honest, he got a great assist then made a mistake lost confidence and his whole game goes to shit he could have no complaints if he was hooked at half time.

Happy with the win today also happy with the result at Meadowbank as I was expecting a very comfortable Falkirk win today. If we can win next week it's back to 6 points and maybe not as over as we thought it was. Burrell and Yule were the only real noticeable players today for Cove with Burrell Cove would defo struggle thought we dealt with Burrell in the first half very poorly but we kept him much more quiet in the second half. Seems like the club are appealing the Williamson red I didn't really see it so can't comment. When we brought Winter on after the red I was expecting us to end up losing that game so i was relieved when we got the second. Doyle getting sent off was quite funny though and made the game a lot more comfortable. Every game now should be treated like a cup final and we can't afford to drop anymore points. Really good win today though.

Agree the straight red card for Williamson was a terrible decision and we have every right to appeal if possible. The Boyle one looked like a booking to me but glad ot evened things up and took pressure off

Edited by Beckford

27 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Agree the straight red card for Williamson was a terrible decision and we have every right to appeal if possible. The Boyle one looked like a booking to me but glad ot evened things up and took pressure off

I'm pretty sure Doyles was a second yellow not a straight red.

Sounds like we at least competed which I guess is something. Good to hear Blair Yule was good again, probably outside Burrell our best player this season but we know his class. On to Brora I guess which will be nostalgic for some and hopefully a new ground for others. It would be fabulous to build a bit of confidence in the next few weeks to really give Falkirk a game in a few weeks at home. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I'm pretty sure Doyles was a second yellow not a straight red.

Sorry I didn't word that very well! meant it warranted a (second) yellow. Seemed to be a bit of debate as to whether it was a deliberate hand ball or not.  I thought it was intentional.

Edited by Beckford

4 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Sorry I didn't word that very well! meant it warranted a (second) yellow. Seemed to be a bit of debate as to whether it was a deliberate hand ball or not.  I thought it was intentional.

Yeah I would agree with that.