Accies VS Cove

So we now go into this game 11 points behind Falkirk think we would pretty much have to win every game now to win the league which even if we had a really good manager would have been extremely difficult and unlikely With Rankin there's no chance of that. The league is basically over now unless Falkirk seriously collapse even though they have history of doing it I don't think there's any chance of it happening this season. I thought that this was going to happen as the season went on even when we were top of the league. I never trusted Rankin to be able to do the job and it looks more and more every week that I was right on that. Going into this game I'm not confident at all Cove will be looking for a response after tonight's result and apart from the 1-0 win earlier in the season we have an awful record against Cove. I think we'll go 1-0 up lose a stupid goal and drop more points 

Accies 1-1 Cove Rangers 

58 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

We collapsed once when top due to playing humpty all season... somehow getting away with it...a naive managerial setup & Gary Killie Holt as DOF..hang onto that if you wish but it won't happen again.

Did you read the full post? I literally said that I think i don't think there's a chance that will happen this season

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Good warm up for the playoffs this

As it stands we are away to Cove on a Tuesday/Wednesday night in the first leg hoping Cove fall off a bit so that doesn't happen. A QOTS or Alloa wouldn't be as bad. 

2 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

I wouldn't write Hamilton off yet as they do have the best squad in the division and this is important over the course of the season 

I found these comments quite hilarious at the time, they now sound even more ridiculous looking at how the season has progressed! 🤣

18 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I found these comments quite hilarious at the time, they now sound even more ridiculous looking at how the season has progressed! 🤣

The best of it is a couple of their fans I.e 50%of their fan base still believe it.

It shows you how far we have fallen that a lot of these little Diddy teams feel they have a right to compete with us or in Hamiltons case even think they can sign one of our better players.

I also like the Stirling early title challengers and Coves charge on the title as full timers.

Massive game. Priority obviously has to be keeping as far ahead of Cove as possible, starting with a win on Sat (not confident, but hopefully) 

IF Rankin can achieve this and improve the standard and keep as close to Falkirk as possible for the rest of the season, I guess this is all we can ask for. 

Would love to know if the targets set for Rankin by the board have been adjusted. Was a fair bit of talk regarding KPIs at the last forum. Wonder what they are for the rest of the season.

Edited by Beckford

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I think the gap in managerial ability is far greater than the gap in squad strength tbh.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think the gap in managerial ability is far greater than the gap in squad strength tbh.

That might well be the case but it’s also most definitely compounded by the differential in quality of player within the two squads. If I’m looking at Hamiltons best 11 I’m only seeing two maybe three players that gets a game in this Falkirk side. 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That might well be the case but it’s also most definitely compounded by the differential in quality of player within the two squads. If I’m looking at Hamiltons best 11 I’m only seeing two maybe three players that gets a game in this Falkirk side. 

I haven't seen enough of Falkirk to make a fair comment on that tbh.

I wasn't meaning that to come across as me saying you don't have a better squad btw (all the evidence points to that being the case), only that I don't think it's as much better as the league table would suggest.

It’s going to be tough to lift ourselves after that drubbing on Tuesday. Harder still when it’s likely a few might miss out with some kind of bug. Might mean some opportunities for some but that bench is going to be light as anything unless any business is done today (unlikely).

Bit of malaise over the club at the moment, hard to see where the season goes unless Fyvie returns soon or we bring in some quality which seems very difficult with the FT model.

Probably will end up venturing down although pretty scunnered after Tuesday. If he sets up with one up front it’s a 3 point gift to the accies. 

Edited by Watson Nimrod

15 hours ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

3-1 Hamilton, a Cove sending off, more shite football under Hartley and the happy clappers in their element 👌🏼

Given the transfer window is open I have to ask.

Can fans be transferred?

Feels like it would be an all round better situation for Cove and the non miserable Cove fans for you and the many many many pounds you spend to go to another club.

Between your miserable tirades and wishing death on the manager I think I would rather shit in my hands and clap then listen to the Falkirk fans serenading Hartley than be associated as a fan of the same club as you.

Edited by BigBry1922

1 hour ago, Watson Nimrod said:

It’s going to be tough to lift ourselves after that drubbing on Tuesday. Harder still when it’s likely a few might miss out with some kind of bug. Might mean some opportunities for some but that bench is going to be light as anything unless any business is done today (unlikely).

Bit of malaise over the club at the moment, hard to see where the season goes unless Fyvie returns soon or we bring in some quality which seems very difficult with the FT model.

Probably will end up venturing down although pretty scunnered after Tuesday. If he sets up with one up front it’s a 3 point gift to the accies. 

Are you surprised there is a malaise over the club?

look at the way some of the fans talk about their own club, you can be disappointed in results but you get idiots that spend more time with personal agendas bringing the club down.   The same people wonder why no one in the community wants to support the club and you just have to look at the way a certain element react on social media for the whole community to see.

The so called happy clappers seem to get a ripping but at least they are out there cheering on the team even if it seems to displease the two contrarians that can’t get over the past when they thought they were the main fans.

11 hours ago, BigBry1922 said:

Between your miserable tirades and wishing death on the manager I think I would rather shit in my hands and clap.

Here here! If it isn’t wishing injuries on a young player who moved his family up to Aberdeen to further his career it’s wishing death on other human beings or crude personal insults. How lovely. It’s the same individual who was on Facebook and they seemed to have found a new home on here. I’m told the club is aware of who it is and like we should do, chooses to ignore it for the trash it is. Have an opinion sure, but when it’s about wishing harm on others it kinda takes it to a different level. 

Edited by Bieldside Boy

Today will be a tough game for us regardless but with a potentially depleted squad and after conceding 4 midweek to a rampant Falkirk side we'll need a big performance.

No clean sheets in our last 7 league games, something that needs to change if we are to get back on an unbeaten streak.

Accies clearly have a more established squad than us, thanks to some decent recruitment, which is continuing in this window seemingly. Better on the ball, more goal scorers/match winners throughout the team and a better defensive unit.

Accies will be rightfully favourites, think they will do enough to take all 3 points, but hopefully we can stay in the game and take something from it. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922