The Mo V The Binos

Not sure what team we'll be able to put out tomorrow but between suspensions, injuries and the loss of a couple of loanees, it could be pretty depleted. Maybe a chance for young Hermiston to make a name for himself. Looks like big Kerr could be out for a while so the defence is pretty threadbare. Hope SP gets busy in the transfer window or it could be a frustrating second half of the season.

Still hope for a narrow win for the Mo.

2-1 home win.

For once I'm actually travelling tomorrow with a little bit of optimistic (please don't mistake this for arrogance) especially following the unacceptable performance against the team from Grangemouth last time out,

Firstly because we seem to have had a good transfer window so far, 3 imcomings in area's we needed to strengthen IMO & 1 outgoing.... add that to the light at the end of the tunnel on our lengthy injury list 

We have had 2 weeks of treatment and training since we last played, hopefully some confidence and self belief will come through this 2nd half of the season, tighten up at the back & some help for Carrick upfront starting tomorrow 🙌

C'mon the Bino's 🇵🇪

We're almost into Ross Campbell re-registering himself territory in terms of bodies today.

Stirling couldn't have asked for a better time to get us, and we haven't won a home league game in yonks either. Would probably take a point and see what the window brings.

The Mo looking the livelier for the first 15 minutes and then it settled out a bit more even, but with the Mo having at least a couple of very clear cut chances saved by Currie.  Paul Watson looking particularly dangerous and thirsty for a goal.

Mo playing quite a bit of high ball to Hermiston which is not really working (shades of McAllister). But when Hermiston does get the ball he has linked quite well with Blair Lyons.

Too cold to write any more....

Well that was utterly shite. Probably would have said a draw would have been a fair result but I find it difficult to say we were hard done by. Referee was absolutely pish for both teams but from where I was sitting it looked he got the call right when Lyons went down in the box, didn’t really have the best angle though. 

Really missed Gardyne in the middle of the park today and it once again highlights the fact that we’re really short in that area, hopefully Petrie and Campbell have a couple of bodies lined up. Also hope Luke Graham is okay as we really can’t afford to be left with Dillon and Quinn at centre back. 

Special mention to the fully grown adult who jumped over the barrier at full time to have a pop at the Stirling Albion defender only to shite themselves when the player walked towards him, looked like it was completely missed by all of the stewards but I would hope that a bit of self policing from the fans around him has come in to play and he’s been told to wind his neck in, no time for that shite. 

Edited by Aidan

Ragged from Montrose in the second half, never got going and overran in midfield for the first 20 minutes.

Stirling played quite well, do they really need all the shitfest stuff, about 10 times players went down rolling, clutching body parts.  Last team like that was that awful Dumbarton team that went down.

1 hour ago, Mo-time said:

Stirling played quite well, do they really need all the shitfest stuff, about 10 times players went down rolling, clutching body parts.  Last team like that was that awful Dumbarton team that went down.

Stunned to read this, have never seen us do that in all the time that Young has been here, so I’m surprised this was the case today.

Delighted with the 3 points 🇵🇪

From a Mo point of view, a real game of 2 halves. Could have had a couple in the first half. Could still be playing second half and not scored yet.

Injuries and suspensions really told today so SP has a bit of work to do in the transfer window. 

Bino players certainly used every trick in the book to waste time near the end.

Clear dive by Lyons and deserved his booking. He could be so much better a player if he doesn't look for a foul all the time. 

Well deserved 3 points for us today 👏  

First half we never really got going even though we hit the bar, Blair Currie had 3 great saves, top class shot stopper & kept us in it 1st half, we huffed and puffed a wee bit & again some slack passing,but at least we were willing to take the ball & try to be creative, lot's of energy helping team mates on the cover,,

2nd half was a different story, Darren Young must have had a few words, we were sharper in the tackle & desire to win the ball,,this led to Callum Crane winning the ball being 1st to it, ran through on goal & a great strike from the edge of the box 👌... well deserved lead...then the ref got conned by Montrose sub Craig pretending to be flattened by Crane,when infact he made a bridge with his back for Crane to go over the top, worse than it looked & the ref fell for it, no help from the linesman either, the pair of them were useless, 

Read an earlier post saying Albion players were diving 🤔 that was never the case & i think that was written with tinted glasses on, the referee was stop start however which didn't help, perfect 10 for the desperate dive trying to salvage a penalty 😉 

& WTF was the guy on the park at full-time for, thought Pabs & Scouse were going to deck him, however he shat it & ran away back over the fence 🤣🤣

Great 3 points Bino's 🇵🇪 my optimism turned out to be right 😀 good backing from the fans today during the game & at full-time... Bino's Bino's ❤️  🤍 🇵🇪

Thought our makeshift XI did fine in the first half, but other than Lyons ran out of energy and ideas after the break.

Looking forward, we won't finish top 4 if we can't win home games. Let's see what comes in.

20 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Well deserved 3 points for us today 👏  

First half we never really got going even though we hit the bar, Blair Currie had 3 great saves, top class shot stopper & kept us in it 1st half, we huffed and puffed a wee bit & again some slack passing,but at least we were willing to take the ball & try to be creative, lot's of energy helping team mates on the cover,,

2nd half was a different story, Darren Young must have had a few words, we were sharper in the tackle & desire to win the ball,,this led to Callum Crane winning the ball being 1st to it, ran through on goal & a great strike from the edge of the box 👌... well deserved lead...then the ref got conned by Montrose sub Craig pretending to be flattened by Crane,when infact he made a bridge with his back for Crane to go over the top, worse than it looked & the ref fell for it, no help from the linesman either, the pair of them were useless, 

Read an earlier post saying Albion players were diving 🤔 that was never the case & i think that was written with tinted glasses on, the referee was stop start however which didn't help, perfect 10 for the desperate dive trying to salvage a penalty 😉 

& WTF was the guy on the park at full-time for, thought Pabs & Scouse were going to deck him, however he shat it & ran away back over the fence 🤣🤣

Great 3 points Bino's 🇵🇪 my optimism turned out to be right 😀 good backing from the fans today during the game & at full-time... Bino's Bino's ❤️  🤍 🇵🇪

Harry Craig is apparently continuing to deceive the referee, off to hospital after the game for a scan after pretending to be flattened. Can’t fault his dedication to this particular sell. 

I thought with the XI we managed to put out we did reasonably well. I think only conceding one with a 40 year old CB is good work! Hermiston impressed more than competing with their centre back paring in the air, remember he’s only 17 and I am sure we will keep him around the squad. Stirling’s red card was a stonewaller and I hope the grown Stirling fans are proud of themselves for the torrent of abuse they gave Craig (who’s only 16).

Edited by The Gable Endie

Got what I thought we would get from the game...Bugger all.

To be fair we started off okay and the young lad Hermiston looked decent with some good touches and link up play top one for the future 100%.

With the team we had out I wasn't too confident but they played alot better and certainly in the 1st half probably should have went in with a lead.

After the break Stirling looked more dangerous and took the lead with a decent strike after a mo mistake.Albion are a big physical experienced side and seen the game out much to our frustration especially after going down to 10 men,but to be fair we never created enough and paid the price.

As for the sending off the young lad is only 16 years old am pretty sure he never went out to get your lad sent off.The ball came over and the lad was a bit late but a red was pretty harsh on him.

2 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Got what I thought we would get from the game...Bugger all.

To be fair we started off okay and the young lad Hermiston looked decent with some good touches and link up play top one for the future 100%.

With the team we had out I wasn't too confident but they played alot better and certainly in the 1st half probably should have went in with a lead.

After the break Stirling looked more dangerous and took the lead with a decent strike after a mo mistake.Albion are a big physical experienced side and seen the game out much to our frustration especially after going down to 10 men,but to be fair we never created enough and paid the price.

As for the sending off the young lad is only 16 years old am pretty sure he never went out to get your lad sent off.The ball came over and the lad was a bit late but a red was pretty harsh on him.

Never knew the lad was only 16, i don't think the abuse was aimed at the lad, it was more towards the referee & the linesman... genuinely hope he's ok 👍the referee was an absolute spoiler all game, clueless, & the standside linesman was no help whatsoever, it's not as if his hair was in his eyes or anything 🤣 i mean that for both sides, he wanted to make it all about him..

I just didn't see that as a sending off, the referee was too hasty IMO 

It's a difficult league when you are struggling with injuries, we are just starting to get a few back thankfully & speedy recovery for your lads too 👍