Airdrie v St Johnstone

2 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I don't condone violence, ordinarily, however there are a LOT of wee fannies in the Fake Saints support who could do with a good gubbing. :) 

Good luck tomorrow. 

We’ve really broken you smelly wee minks what with that cup semi final, and generally lording it over you for the past 15 years, haven’t we?

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We’ve really broken you smelly wee minks what with that cup semi final, and generally lording it over you for the past 15 years, haven’t we?

Nah he's one of the wee fannies that runs about the street filming 12 year olds running away that he'd be too slow to catch anyway all to post for Internet clout.  

Could be a frustrating game to start with, this game.

Airdrie very, very, possession oriented and I think we might combat that by starting Kimpioka up front, sitting deep and not pressing, and trying to allow Airdrie high up the park. Then you try and win the ball and suddenly Kimpioka has 20 yards of space to run into in behind.

9 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Pubs there is plenty the main ones probably still being Cue Here and The West Fan that fans use (apologies if I’m missing one). The stadium also has a bar. 

A decent burger though your probably better bringing one with you. Plenty places that do pub grub around the town centre. 

Great thanks very much! 

9 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/poppy-charity-backs-airdrie-united-2829211

I'll be honest, the quicker we get these absolute belters out the way and up the road to more civil surroundings the better. Up there with Rangers in the wrong 'uns scale.

Proving my point entirely a whole 1 post later. 

9 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/poppy-charity-backs-airdrie-united-2829211

I'll be honest, the quicker we get these absolute belters out the way and up the road to more civil surroundings the better. Up there with Rangers in the wrong 'uns scale.

The irony of being labelled tories by this lot broke the ironyometer. Just over the road in Harthill it's lodges, flags in windows, painted kerbstones. It's like Little Shankhill.

Sharthill.

Anyway. Upsides to this are (a) ticking off a ground and (b) getting out the house. That's about it.

What team we put out is a challenge. Not thought much about it until now but our right side isn't great and squad wise a back 4 seems to fit available players much better. But that won't happen.

Mitov

Keltjens McGowan  Gordon  Robinson Gallacher

Max     Smith  

Kimpioka     Clark    Carey

I believe that Keltjens has played WB before but not sure? Maybe we'll see Dare Olufunwa in there and Keltjens in his more natural position instead of Max?

Hope to be proved very wrong but Kimpioka seems like a massive gamble. It's not a very young player that's had a wee stumble, seems like his promise was a while ago. Get the feeling he could be one of those guys that cruised when he could dominate with physical attributes and a bit of skill but the proper pro game has been a bit beyond him.

Expect this to go to extra time.

Saints to win on penalties. Airdrieonians to commiserate with a rendition of GSTK.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Slightly better formatting

31 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I believe that Keltjens has played WB before but not sure? Maybe we'll see Dare Olufunwa in there and Keltjens in his more natural position instead of Max?

He has, aye. Played almost a full season at full back in Israel im sure. 

We'll never see Olufunwa at wing back no matter how many people seem to want it either, IMO.

Mitov starts in goal.

McGowan, Gordon, Robinson start in defence.

Smith, Carey starts in midfield.

Clark starts up front.

RWB is either Keltjens or Franczak. 

5th defender is either Considine or Gallacher.

3rd CM is either Keltjens or Sprangler.

11th player is either Kimpioka, Kucheriavyi, or Kane.

Thats how i see it.

Think experience wise he'd go Keltjens RWB, Considine LCB, Sprangler CM and Kane up front.

I think we might see Franczak RWB, Gallached LWB, Keltjens CM and Kimpioka up front.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Bold, but a better option than Jeffcott. 

😂 im a fud.

3 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

The patter in this thread makes me not want to win the play-offs this year. 

Nice of you to assume we arent getting relegated. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Confirmed over 1000 away fans, FWIW.

That's good might out number the home fans, most of us are spending our money paying for the RangerZ game on the TV,   enjoy your day.  

15 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

David “I don’t have the budget” Martindale has you covered there I reckon.

2 teams can get relegated now.

30 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Is there commentary anywhere as Saints TV say nothing from them which is a pretty poor show?

They have a big "there is no broadcast for this match" banner at the top of Saints TV, so doesnt sound like theres anything.

Dont think any club is allowed to show the games, even abroad, due to the tv deals in place?