Would YOU fight in a war?

Poll  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is apparently a thing: Britain must train citizen army, military chief warns - BBC News

In his speech he said Britain needed an army designed to expand rapidly.

"Within the next three years, it must be credible to talk of a British Army of 120,000, folding in our reserve and strategic reserve. But this is not enough," he said, as he also called for more to be done to modernise and equip the armed forces.

"Ukraine brutally illustrates that regular armies start wars; citizen armies win them," he said. "But we've been here before, and workforce alone does not create capability."

He highlighted steps being taken in countries like Sweden and Finland - where the threat of Russia looms closer - to put their nations more on a war footing.

Other senior Nato military commanders have also recently been calling on the alliance to ready itself for a potential conflict.

Any thoughts? Looking forward to World War Three? Wondering why Russia sending hundreds of thousands of its young men to pointless, horrible deaths means we should do it too? Looking forward to the inevitable heat death of the planet due to climate change before this happens? Wondering which one of Putin's body doubles will be in charge in twenty years' time when this actually happens?

18 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am not allowed into the armed forces due to being diagnosed with a mental illness.

I wouldn't anyway. This country means nothing to me. No way would I fight for it.

I had a look at the medical restrictions after reading your post.

I think I tick a box in almost every category

It's a tough one because I'm hard as f**k and i got a few nukes back in my COD days but I also don't want to die and even though it's banter people that have never served talking about how they would is always ridiculous patter.

It would definitely be a more compelling cause to protect your homeland as opposed to fighting for someone else's. 

I once played COD with someone that had served in Afghanistan and the guy essentially hid at the back of the map, got 1 kill and no deaths and was very proud of his work.