Would YOU fight in a war?

Poll  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Mr Waldo said:

Can I work from home and pilot a drone? Does that count?

Aye but only on Wednesday and Thursday. Monday, Tuesday and Friday you need to be in the frontline or Rees Mogg will have you court-martialled. There's a thought - go into battle at the behest of Jacob Rees Mogg. 

The first people conscripted should be every person who has ever written to the Daily Mail or Express demanding that National Service is brought back or talking about how great the Blitz spirit was.

That lot will really have Putin and Kim Jong Un quaking in their boots.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm 40, fat, both my knees are gone and I have poor eyesight. 

I doubt I'd be fit enough.

I'm also a shitebag so I'd not fight naw.

Where did yer knees go to? 

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Medical science, you can sell of bits you don't need, rather than donate when you die.

Hmmmm! I wonder how much my mother in law’s heed is worth? If they pay by the pund I’ll be a wealthy man 

11 hours ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Been training for this my whole life. Be under no illusions, I will not hesitate for one second to use fellow P&B posters as human shields.

286(1).thumb.jpg.00dc264bfc8ec9164ee60cae9990a41c.jpg

Somewhat odd but the first thing that popped into my head was this bit from The Wire, which you may appreciate good ser (The Wire is applicable to many of lifes quandries tbf):

One little mistake in actual combat and I'd be toast. I'm bad enough at paintball let alone having to go about and play at being Sicario.

Alternatively, this popped into my head. General office drudgery is bad enough, I'm not cut out for military drudgery.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

11 hours ago, Shotgun said:

You can guarantee the people most in favour of this will be the ones who are confident THEY won’t be going. 

Yeah, kind of like some of the American commentators who were arguing for lots of other people to go sign up for Ukraine a couple of years back and when asked if they'd put their money where their mouth is said "well I think I'd probably be a sort of intelligence or high ranking logistics officer..." or that lib dem lawyer character on here saying he'd have conscription to defend Kabul forever but unfortunately he has bad hearing and is obese so he'll not be going. 

I do think it's kind of weird that as the armed forces are reducing in number the adverts are getting more and more Call of Duty-ish

32 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Medical science, you can sell of bits you don't need, rather than donate when you die.

I’d sell the index fingers aff baith haunds so I couldn’t pull a trigger or press a button 

I voted yes.

Reason being I live in a very volatile part of the planet political wise.  Back in 2014 their was a military coup.  It was a very strange and felt I was living in a vacuum, just waiting for something to kick off.  Thankfully I didn't happen, but there is an under current here that is bubbling away.

Why, did I vote Yes.  Simple, if it was happening all around, what else could I do? f**k off and leave my family, or stay and fight for our survival.  Hand me that gun.