Would YOU fight in a war?

Poll  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs.

would I come back to fight for the Empire?  You're on your own lads.

I'll be watching on the news.

I think this all a Tory 'Rule Britannia' ploy from a dying government to win votes.  If Russia tried anything the NATO countries would turn it into a barren wasteland.  There would be zero requirement for civilians to sign up.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think this all a Tory 'Rule Britannia' ploy from a dying government to win votes.  If Russia tried anything the NATO countries would turn it into a barren wasteland.  There would be zero requirement for civilians to sign up.

Just as well because your fingers will have melted by then 

4 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

or that lib dem lawyer character on here saying he'd have conscription to defend Kabul forever but unfortunately he has bad hearing and is obese so he'll not be going.

I need some more details on this one. Ad Lib?

I'm on the wrong side of 60 for charging a machine gun nest, but I suppose if I thought the cause was just..... well maybe. I was pretty handy with a sniper rifle in Mass Effect Andromeda so maybe they could find a place for me.

A prerequisite would be that I'd not be signed up, let alone be sent into action, until every over 18 year old relative of every MP, Member of the House of Lords, General, Admiral, and Air Chief Marshal was there before me, along with the family of the high heid yins in every arms manufacturing or exporting company.  Well, why not?

Fair enough, IMO.  If it would be good enough for the likes of me, it'd be good enough for the "great and the good" who would be proud to send all their offsprogs like Sixtus, Peter, Mary, Thomas, Anselm and Alfred Rees-Mogg in too. I know they're under age at the moment, but  they grow up so quickly.  

Until then, no thanks.

The Chief of the Army said that we should be defending our values. 

Given the current Government's values I therefore shall be stealing all the weapons, selling them to the enemy, fining the squaddies for losing their weapons, selling them new weapons at double the price and then saying that it's good for the economy when the same squaddies get shot by their own weapons. 

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Seems more like a play from within the military to whip up public criticism of the goverment and reverse cuts in the military.

Either way, nae c**t is getting conscripted, agreed.