Hearts vs Aberdeen 2024-01-27 15:00

Throughout this season, we've had success against superior teams, excluding Celtic (doh!). I'm hopeful that this trend will persist on Saturday, given that this match is now considered a crucial victory for them to stand any chance of catching up with Hearts. However, I must admit, my confidence isn't very high.

Edited by betting competition

58 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Throughout this season, we've had success against superior teams, excluding Celtic (doh!). I'm hopeful that this trend will persist on Saturday, given that this match is now considered a crucial victory for them to stand any chance of catching up with Hearts. However, I must admit, my confidence isn't very high.

Between that reason to an extent and us chucking it last season to yourselves, I'll am still nervous AF about this fixture for the time being.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It didn’t feel like as many as 8k, I assume you’re just exaggerating for rhetorical effect

anyway it’s a home sellout, the weather forecast is relatively good, it’s Saturday 3pm and Aberdeen are more box office than Dundee so it should be pretty close to capacity 

There wasn't close to 8000 missing, but there was a brutal storm and limited travel options, so picking Tuesday as an example of anything is a weird one. Those that made the effort from both sets of fans should be applauded, but I certainly wouldn't have been blaming anyone giving it a swerve.

On paper, and based on how this fixture usually goes, I can see why a home win looks the likely conclusion. Only thing that worries me is this run of home wins in the fixture can't last forever, and we've gave away big leads in our last two at Tynie. Makes me a wee bit apprehensive.

If we start properly and not like a bunch of fannies I think we'll win. 2-1 Hearts, Shankland to miss his 4th penalty in a row.

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Hearts beat us comfortably earlier in the season, which is evidence that they are in fact not superior, but garbage. 

This is a massive game because, while a defeat isn't a disaster on paper, last season will start to play on people's minds. If we win, I really can't see anyone catching us.

I can imagine there'll be a clamour to play a back 4 after the other night but I'm not sure either way. It feels like whenever we change formation we fix one issue while creating another, which probably isn't surprising. How is Lembikisa defensively in a 4 when we're not playing the whole game in the other team's half, for example? We don't need to overcommit in this game. That said, the back 3 hasn't looked nearly as solid with Halkett in for Rowles anyway.

I'm guessing Baningime is out, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a back 4 with Cochrane pushed into midfield. That would give us the option to switch to a 3 without making subs, if we needed to.

6 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Wonder if there will be be 8k empty home seats like there were on Tuesday.

Aye, it was a bit like looking across at the home end at Easter Road on Tuesday.

It was a minging night though (and fair play to the Dundee fans for pretty much filling their end, in spite of the weather and the lack of transport after the game).

I'm expecting a very exciting 4-7 win for Aberdeen.

Or I could be delusional from the fever I have right now.

13 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Did you just impose your view of its identity on Jan 27th? Reported for hate crime.

Jan 27th identifies as February. Enjoy, everyone.

It’s mainly that I’m like a dug about to get a treat & im drooling thinks of pints. 

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think the steak pie is 50p more than the Scotch pie but it’s well worth spending the extra 

Interesting.... I've never had a steakey at Tynie. Unfortunately the kebab pie has stolen my heart 

Considering three of our best performances this season have been in Frankfurt, Thessaloniki and Govan, then we shouldn’t fear this, but for some reason this fixture has meant home win for the best part of a decade whether at Tynecastle or Pittodrie.

There must be a reason for that in terms of motivation, tactics deployed etc………but little reason tp believe it changes tomorrow.

Who wants another season of at least eight Sunday fixtures before christmas anyway !