Aberdeen v Dundee Tuesday 30 01 24

Two of Scotlands big city clubs meet in what appears to be a battle for top six at this point.

Floundering Aberdeen have shown impressive performances in cup competitions but have failed to replicate that in the league campaign this far. 

Dundee have improved significantly under Tony Doc in his first managerial post and if anyone knows his way around Pittodrie it's the man who spent years as McInnes's number two during years of relative success.

Both teams can be sitting pretty with wins in their games in hand and the current 'false positions' will be decided starting with these games in hand on Tuesday.

All roads lead to Pittodrie in what may well be decided by the battle of Miovski and Mellon upfront.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

The last time we played Burnley was a sore one. Hoping to get one over them on Tuesday. 

GMS with the penalty in the first meeting. A name that will send a few on here into meltdown. 

Didn't realise we had many of the Water Rescue team on here.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Would the Dons prefer a defeat here to get rid of the ginger DAB? Or a victory for the points, that gives him at least another month?

They’re not going to sack him, so I’ll take the points please. 

Is this agreement legally binding?

I'm so used to it happening over the years at Dens and I don't think I've witnessed it many times as an away supporter but we've got a real chance to turn Pittodrie poisonous on Tuesday if we start well enough. If that happens, I can't see us not getting a result. Fast start and put Aberdeen under real pressure and we've got a good chance for our first win at Pittodrie since Stevie Lovell scored a 90th minute winner for us back in 2004.

We have 1 win against Aberdeen in the previous 20 meetings which includes 13 consecutive losses in it - that's fucking tragic - time to change that.

No reason we can't go up there and get points. They are in the pits right now. 

We could definitely play on the front foot in this, but I don't think we will. I think our set up will be similar to Hearts in the first half with Docherty happy to let them have the ball and we counter. We're actually a very good counter attacking team. 

Don't give them too much respect like we did with Hearts. Our record against Aberdeen really doesn't make for good viewing but we should go in to this with huge confidence. 

I'm going in to this with confidence, therefore I'm going for a 2-1 Dundee win.*

*3-0 Aberdeen with confidence massively misplaced.

Edited by Pens_Dark

Hard to tell with Robson's rollercoaster Dons... usually when I'm most pessimistic we go and put 4 past a team, or beat Frankfurt, or win at Ibrox. This could be anything from a lacklustre defeat in front of a toxic home crowd, to a classy win that buys Barry another few weeks. If Tony Doc has done any homework at all, we're in for a tough game. Prediction: draw, BR limps on