Raith Rovers v's Airdrie 03/02

12 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Get back to basics with the formation. Rotate the squad slightly, with a focus on getting players in at their natural positions.

Could easily go either way, regards the result, but that's no surprise.

Would like to see Rovers make another final. Won't lose a minute's sleep if they're out come bed time Friday.

It looks to me as if Murray is going baws out to win this cup,   to be honest looking at your signings recently, all on paper top drawer for this level,  Rudden and Turner,  is that areas of the pitch you have an abundance of riches,  

Murray is or at least used to be the epitomy of a safety first manager, bordering on being dour,  this season maybe due to the players at his disposal Dylan, Vaughn, Hamilton etc  ,  but he seems to be signing players aka lower league galacticos,     

I hope you guys can nick it from United at end of season, although I think they will eventually go on a run .

Main thing tonight is getting minutes into Watson and to a lesser extent Rudden.

If we win, great, a confidence boost.

If we lose but look like we have some kind of structure and fitness back then we can go back to calling it the Diddy Cup again and win the league instead. 

A game against a team who've got our number, poor run of form, balltic, blowing a gale, Colin Steven....meeehhh. I'll still be there but have zero excitement for this.

34 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Perplexing. 5 mids, 1 LB, 1 CB and a striker on the bench with McNeil. I understand at Hinson and Stanton not making the team, but why skip Masson for a fifth midfielder when you only have one CB and Watson is off and injury and Murray has been hobbled? That’s it for Masson, if the manager isn’t willing to loan him, I’d reckon he’ll ask for a release and play LL.

Line up looks good, back to a standard back four with defenders in their actual positions.

Can’t wait till we kick off and it turns out it’s actually a back three of Murray, Dick and Millen with Watson being utilised as a big man up front.