Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Dunfermline continuously insisting on playing it out from the back with ploughed field of a pitch was clearly going to fail within the 5 minutes of viewing. Our pressing was up to the required level again after a few lethargic games - perhaps because the pitch made it obvious that we could easily force errors and win the ball high up the park. Our use of the ball was simple but highly effective, which matched with a superb display from the likes of Wilson and Crawford set the foundations for a totally dominant display.

McPake's refusal to change tactics was insane and a sackable offence - capped off by the 5th goal caused directly by his shan 'philosophy' when the game was already over. That said, I don't think Dunfermline's squad today was really capable of playing a more pragmatic Plan B either. The midfield and forwards are all sand-dancer options who would have been dominated by Wilson, O'Connor and Baird. While the only physically capable options on first viewing - the ringer defenders - have no actual ability and were getting bodied by Oakley too. Changing approach would only have been the difference between a defeat and that total, utter bodying. Between Dunfermline's squad and that pitch, I would make them favourites for the relegation play-off as neither problem is easy to solve. 

Promotion play-off looking very much consolidated; bring on Motherwell under the Cappielow lights on Friday night for a crack at the QF of the cup. What a time to be alive. 

FPSo5m9XMAgRYFE.jpg.0e233b06bca3e910ff073eb5bcf5c1fa.jpg

Can’t disagree with any of that. Spot on.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Dunfermline continuously insisting on playing it out from the back with ploughed field of a pitch was clearly going to fail within the 5 minutes of viewing. Our pressing was up to the required level again after a few lethargic games - perhaps because the pitch made it obvious that we could easily force errors and win the ball high up the park. Our use of the ball was simple but highly effective, which matched with a superb display from the likes of Wilson and Crawford set the foundations for a totally dominant display.

McPake's refusal to change tactics was insane and a sackable offence - capped off by the 5th goal caused directly by his shan 'philosophy' when the game was already over. That said, I don't think Dunfermline's squad today was really capable of playing a more pragmatic Plan B either. The midfield and forwards are all sand-dancer options who would have been dominated by Wilson, O'Connor and Baird. While the only physically capable options on first viewing - the ringer defenders - have no actual ability and were getting bodied by Oakley too. Changing approach would only have been the difference between a defeat and that total, utter bodying. Between Dunfermline's squad and that pitch, I would make them favourites for the relegation play-off as neither problem is easy to solve. 

Promotion play-off looking very much consolidated; bring on Motherwell under the Cappielow lights on Friday night for a crack at the QF of the cup. What a time to be alive. 

Raging that I agree with all of this

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Spot on. Easiest points of the year for you guys.

Aye.   Everyone in the stadium could see the problem within 5 minutes.  

apart from our management team.

Morton played exactly how I’d want a team with their players to play.  And it absolutely rinsed our wee boys.

12 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Now... I have a decision to make:-

1) Should I uncork the 12yr old Methylated fallin' doon juice ...

OR

2) Uncork the 12 yr old Methylated fallin' doon juice .

I'll abide by the majority verdict.

Why not go for both and make a night of it mate?

2 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Aye.   Everyone in the stadium could see the problem within 5 minutes.  

apart from our management team.

Morton played exactly how I’d want a team with their players to play.  And it absolutely rinsed our wee boys.

Just as a matter of interest... would you care to elaborate on what exactly you mean by " how I'd want a team with their players to play? "

2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

I'll  let you know what I decided on Tuesday

Fair play. Enjoy !! I've got a bottle of Bruichladdich Octomore Black Arts sat at home. I haven't opened it because it cost a fortune and I've been waiting for a special occasion.

Tonight's the night I think.

Edited by Chippyminton

18 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Just as a matter of interest... would you care to elaborate on what exactly you mean by " how I'd want a team with their players to play? "

Don’t for one second be offended bud.  Physical, determined, first to every ball, no risks taken, thumping the ball into areas the opposition don’t want it, a bunch of experienced warrior like players who don’t give up or go looking for fouls.  Led by someone who behaved like a leader.  With leaders on the park too.  Unlike our wee boys today.  

Edited by parsboi

1 minute ago, parsboi said:

Don’t for one second be offended bud.  Physical, determined, first to every ball, no risks taken, thumping the ball into areas the opposition don’t want it, a bunch of warriors.  

No offence taken but youre offering the same/usual analysis of Morton as most pundits.

There's a bit more to us than just physicality!

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

No offence taken but youre offering the same/usual analysis of Morton as most pundits.

Far more, but today it was evident. At times you cut us open incredibly easily and could string some passes together. When you want to play, you certainly can. 

15 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Maybe so, but you didn’t even need to do anything else.  I’ll bet that wasn’t even the best you’ve played this season?  Because you didn’t HAVE to go up a gear.  Take your praise and have a chug ffs 😂

1 minute ago, parsboi said:

Maybe so, but you didn’t even need to do anything else.  I’ll bet that wasn’t even the best you’ve played this season?  Because you didn’t HAVE to go up a gear.  Take your praise and have a chug ffs 😂

A chug? 

Is this a Fife term of endearment?

50 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Raging that I agree with all of this

To be clear with the relegation play-off tip, I don't think your squad is worse than any of the teams around you. It's just hopelessly unsuited to playing on the home surface you now have. So if you can't rely on home form it's very difficult to see how you'll get enough points overall to avoid the bottom two places. 

Should have probably kept a big lump like Todorov around IMO. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

To be clear with the relegation play-off tip, I don't think your squad is worse than any the teams around you. It's just hopelessly unsuited to playing on the home surface you now have. So if you can't rely on home form then it's very difficult to see how you'll get enough points overall to avoid the bottom two places. 

Should have probably kept a big lump like Todorov around IMO. 

Cant have escaped your notice how well Lewis MacGregor and Charlie Telfer played last night.

Telfer in particular looked like he couldnt be arsed when he was at Cappielow.