Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

Good result for the Pars at Tannadice after 3 weeks off and half a first team missing. 

Morton just going from strength to strength at the moment.

Pars have beaten Morton in both games this season but seems like we're up against a different beast this time.

Pars will still be short due to injuries again for this one, but hopefully a couple new signings before the game. Not sure if Morton are looking bring anybody in before the deadline but regardless they may well be bookies favourites for this one.

Think this will be close and predicting a 1-1 draw.

Our last two showings against Montrose and Arbroath have been way below the standards we’ve proved ourselves to be so capable of. But we have a manager who sets a high bar and who isn’t afraid to call out any failure to reach it.  He’s also built a squad of players with the confidence and determination to take that criticism on the chin and respond accordingly. The turnaround we’ve achieved has been extraordinary.

East End Park’s always a good away day - and will doubtless prove to be a tough test for us. Looking forward to a next-level increase in Mr. Sherry’s monumental rage as he storms off down the Halbeath Road.

IMG_4659.thumb.jpeg.bf74bf3dd4c3ebb2154bbb4b96aa139c.jpeg

Edited by Chippyminton
RLA (Rage Level Adjustment)

We’ve still got injuries, six of the seven missing would start, it’s quite significant but it shouldn’t be an excuse. We’ve still got a good 11 and an okay bench even if mostly academy kids.

Tough gig, Morton really on form, I didn’t realise quite how on form they were until I checked FlashScore yesterday, not lost in any competitions since a challenge cup defeat on penalties to Airdrie in mid-November. 

Still, it’s a winnable game for us, yesterday showed we’ve got plenty fight in us even with key personnel missing out.

Im fairly certain we’ll see the pen gif at least twice this week before we meet. Yesterday showed we really need that striker!

Edited by The Toun Clock

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Injury ridden opponents who will nevertheless have more players available than we did in either of the previous meetings between the teams this season.

You had 6 subs for one game and 7 subs for the other, we had 7 subs yesterday (and one of them was a youngster recalled from a loan in the Lowland League to make up numbers). You might not like it, but we still have Comrie, Benedictus, Breen, Ritchie-Hosler, Todd and Jakubiak out who would either be starting or close to it. I think any team would struggle without 5 or 6 first team regulars including their captain and probably best two players from last season. Anyway, you didn't resort to the lazy meme pictures like your fellow Ton fan so at least you get points for that. 

This will be a tough game regardless of who we have available or how many subs both sides can name. Morton being the form team at a difficult point of the season and making a good fist of getting that final play off spot. Think this will be a decent watch with a one goal winning margin but no clue who for.

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You might not like it, but we still have Comrie, Benedictus, Breen, Ritchie-Hosler, Todd and Jakubiak out who would either be starting or close to it. I think any team would struggle without 5 or 6 first team regulars including their captain and probably best two players from last season

This. 
I’m more optimistic about getting something out of this game than I was about the Utd game (likely the kiss of death for our chances now) 

Our lads did a great job yesterday, and kept the league leaders from scoring. That was no mean feat considering we’ve all been greetin about our lack of defensive prowess and depth of senior team pool to help with it. A few games aside I think our makeshift defence has done a great job even in defeat. 
I also think mehmet looked more confident yesterday and pulled off a couple of really good saves to win us our point. Walcott grew into the game and showed what he can offer. That same starting lineup could burst the Morton bubble at EEP, but I’m sure many Pars fans would be happy with another scoreless draw as we tread water in this league. 
Who knows, we’ll maybe have a couple of new signings in before this game that could tip the balance in our favour 

Our unbeaten run has to and will end at some point. The last two weeks have been well below the performances that we know this group are capable of, however I’m sure Imrie will be looking to rectify that this week and has already addressed it in his post match interview. The middle pack still fairly tight together only 5 points separating 4th to 8th so I’d take a point if offered now but if we’re looking to cement ourselves in 4th and have any chance of catching Partick we really should be looking at a win. Especially against another poor injury ravaged team and us “playing a certain style of football” 🙄

2 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Our last two showings against Montrose and Arbroath have been way below the standards we’ve proved ourselves to be so capable of. But we have a manager who sets a high bar and who isn’t afraid to call out any failure to reach it.  He’s also built a squad of players with the confidence and determination to take that criticism on the chin and respond accordingly. The turnaround we’ve achieved has been extraordinary.

East End Park’s always a good away day - and will doubtless prove to be a tough test for us. Looking forward to a next-level increase in Mr. Sherry’s monumental rage as he storms off down the Halbeath Road.

IMG_4659.thumb.jpeg.bf74bf3dd4c3ebb2154bbb4b96aa139c.jpeg

I saw someone on another forum say that Mr Sherry has previous for writing into the press to bemoan everything when things are not going so well.

As I'm not one of the dozen or so people who buy the press I'm not sure if it's true but it certainly wouldn't suprise me, we do seem to have plenty folk that love a moan.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

I saw someone on another forum say that Mr Sherry has previous for writing into the press to bemoan everything when things are not going so well.

As I'm not one of the dozen or so people who buy the press I'm not sure if it's true but it certainly wouldn't suprise me, we do seem to have plenty folk that love a moan.

Mr Sherry does indeed have a long record of moaning letters to the Dunfy Press. I had the misfortune to travel to various Pars matches in the 80s on the same supporters' bus as Mr Sherry - and he was moaning way back then.

18 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Does that mean another game at EEP will get postponed 

Depends how we feel come Friday. If the boys feel like a day off then they'll get one. We decide when we play!