Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

Dunfermline battered us in the first half last time at EEP, and we looked a right sorry state of a team that day. Thankfully we’ve kicked on since then but this will no doubt be a tough test against a team who have had our number this season (at long last ;)). 
Always enjoy a trip to EEP, hopefully we keep this run going. 

We owe Dunfermline after the last 2 league games where they have deservedly beat us and been the better side. Don't buy this injury crisis talk as they went to Tannadice and got a great result yesterday.

I'd be happy with a draw here and looking forward to another visit to EEP for their meal deal!

3 hours ago, Scosha said:

Dunfermline battered us in the first half last time at EEP, and we looked a right sorry state of a team that day. Thankfully we’ve kicked on since then but this will no doubt be a tough test against a team who have had our number this season (at long last ;)). 
Always enjoy a trip to EEP, hopefully we keep this run going. 

You were truly abysmal in the game at EEP and not much better at Cappielow. I'd have put my house on you finishing in the bottom two after those. Win next week and you'll be looking pretty good for 4th.

What’s changed Ton fans? Was it just a bit of time needed for players to gel or has there been changes to who’s playing and where etc?

Have to admit, in the two league games I did think you could struggle but have been on an amazing run. Wasn’t until yesterday I checked, no defeat since 18th November which is some going.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

What’s changed Ton fans? Was it just a bit of time needed for players to gel or has there been changes to who’s playing and where etc?

Have to admit, in the two league games I did think you could struggle but have been on an amazing run. Wasn’t until yesterday I checked, no defeat since 18th November which is some going.

We were missing 6 or 7 key players through injury and with a small squad that made the difference, players out of position and no settled team. Now we are virtually injury free and the difference is there for all to see. Long may it continue. 

28 minutes ago, Mr Toon said:

We were missing 6 or 7 key players through injury and with a small squad that made the difference, players out of position and no settled team. Now we are virtually injury free and the difference is there for all to see. Long may it continue. 

Nice! Hoping we’ll see the same impact in the next few months.

10 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Our last two showings against Montrose and Arbroath have been way below the standards we’ve proved ourselves to be so capable of. But we have a manager who sets a high bar and who isn’t afraid to call out any failure to reach it.  He’s also built a squad of players with the confidence and determination to take that criticism on the chin and respond accordingly. The turnaround we’ve achieved has been extraordinary.

East End Park’s always a good away day - and will doubtless prove to be a tough test for us. Looking forward to a next-level increase in Mr. Sherry’s monumental rage as he storms off down the Halbeath Road.

IMG_4659.thumb.jpeg.bf74bf3dd4c3ebb2154bbb4b96aa139c.jpeg

Clown 

9 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You had 6 subs for one game and 7 subs for the other, we had 7 subs yesterday (and one of them was a youngster recalled from a loan in the Lowland League to make up numbers). You might not like it, but we still have Comrie, Benedictus, Breen, Ritchie-Hosler, Todd and Jakubiak out who would either be starting or close to it. I think any team would struggle without 5 or 6 first team regulars including their captain and probably best two players from last season. Anyway, you didn't resort to the lazy meme pictures like your fellow Ton fan so at least you get points for that. 

This will be a tough game regardless of who we have available or how many subs both sides can name. Morton being the form team at a difficult point of the season and making a good fist of getting that final play off spot. Think this will be a decent watch with a one goal winning margin but no clue who for.

The first game 2 kids were on the bench to make up numbers so had 5 first team squad members on the bench.

Second game, 1 kid on the bench so again 5 first team squad subs.

Neither kid has kicked a ball in the league for us.

On the game, we need to be looking to win this IMO. Pars struggling, no wins in 6, key players out and bound to be low on confidence albeit thatvwas a good result yesterday. If we do get the 3 points, it makes it extremely difficult for them to grab 4th place.

A point wouldn't be the worst result and would at least keep the run going but quietly confident of 3 points.

1-2.

1 hour ago, madton said:

The first game 2 kids were on the bench to make up numbers so had 5 first team squad members on the bench.

Second game, 1 kid on the bench so again 5 first team squad subs.

We have occasionally had 6 first team options but that was when we have had little and sharp available as reserve keeper.  On 0 occasions the entire season have we name more than 4 first team outfield players on the bench. Most weeks its about 2 and that normally includes some playing through or on return from injuries.

13 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Last 9 Games (1/4 season) in the cinch Championship:

𝟮𝟭 Points
𝟲 Wins
𝟯 Draws
𝟬 Defeats
𝟱 Clean Sheets
𝟭𝟱 Goals Scored
𝟱 Goals Conceded

Impressive stats. I hope our guys read this and go flat out to change it. 

As mentioned we've been below par for the last couple of games, but we've still scored 5 goals and kept 2 clean sheets in them, been a painful watch at times but I'll happily take that every week from now until June if it means picking up points.

Imrie will be going into this expecting the players to pick up 3 points, I'd be happy enough with 1.

20 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

For the most part it's been down to players returning from injury, but there are a few other factors too.  Power & Broadfoot have both taken a while to get up to speed - in the early part of the season a lot of folk were saying they both looked done, whereas they have both been very consistent and had a big impact on this good run of form.  Iain Wilson took a wee while to get up to speed too & Lewis Strapp has made a huge impact since coming in 

11 minutes ago, Vril said:

For the most part it's been down to players returning from injury, but there are a few other factors too.  Power & Broadfoot have both taken a while to get up to speed - in the early part of the season a lot of folk were saying they both looked done, whereas they have both been very consistent and had a big impact on this good run of form.  Iain Wilson took a wee while to get up to speed too & Lewis Strapp has made a huge impact since coming in 

Fair doos. I was pretty shocked when Morton got a gig with you in the Champ since he was playing lowland league last season, and in those previous games against us he did look done. Strapp is a good player.