Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

On 29/01/2024 at 16:32, DreamOakTree1 said:

Lewis Strapp has epitomised Dougie’s transformational realisation that the missing part of his managerial tick list was a better attitude towards our academy graduates. That’s it in a nutshell, and I bow to Dougie for being man enough to change his ways.

Sounds like there’s an underlying story here, can you inform us Pars fans of this as it may alter our decisions at the bookies. 
thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

Sounds like there’s an underlying story here, can you inform us Pars fans of this as it may alter our decisions at the bookies. 
thanks in advance 

Heard a story that a Celtic fan put the balance of his mortgage on a cup win over ICT a few years ago and ended up homeless.

So would give that underlying fable a miss and keep the betting to what you can afford. All championship games are never a given. 

3 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Heard a story that a Celtic fan put the balance of his mortgage on a cup win over ICT a few years ago and ended up homeless.

So would give that underlying fable a miss and keep the betting to what you can afford. All championship games are never a given. 

Only an absolute moron would bet their home on a game of football. Guy got what he deserved. 
I only get involved in a wee family coupon at £5 a week, and I can afford that. We never bet on our own teams 

Edited by Wacky

7 hours ago, Wacky said:

thanks in advance 

The story exists solely in the mind of the delusional poster. Trust me on this one.

1 minute ago, Chippyminton said:

The story exists solely in the mind of the delusional poster. Trust me on this one.

Fair enough. I was just being nosy, and wasn’t really that interested. 

Just now, Wacky said:

Fair enough. I was just being nosy, and wasn’t really that interested. 

Understandable. But it's a long, long story mate. His post didn't get 11 red dots for no reason (11 reds is pretty mild for him actually) - and he didn't get barred from the Morton forum for no reason. Really looking forward to EEP on Saturday. It's going to be tough one.

22 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Pars seem to be favourites for this one, interesting considering they’re injury ridden

IMG_4729.thumb.jpeg.c144f519e05c448bf21ff35238703e4a.jpeg

Aye, and they also have Taylor and Jake Sutherland as our 3rd and 4th most likely players to be FGS.

38 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Understandable. But it's a long, long story mate. His post didn't get 11 red dots for no reason (11 reds is pretty mild for him actually) - and he didn't get barred from the Morton forum for no reason. Really looking forward to EEP on Saturday. It's going to be tough one.

My heart says Pars win, my head hopes for a draw. Enjoy the bridies neebs. 

18 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, and they also have Taylor and Jake Sutherland as our 3rd and 4th most likely players to be FGS.

Sorry but I’m almost Jurassic, what does “FGS” mean?? 

21 minutes ago, Wacky said:

First goal scorer, for anyone wondering, I wouldn't recommend the Sutherland brothers for this atm. 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

for god sake

On 31/01/2024 at 11:36, Stellaboz said:

Once stuck 100 on a Rangers reserve team to pump our depleted youths. 

We smashed them like 3 0. 

Had Livi to beat us 4-0 once in the glorious Kenny era. We’d lost 3-0 and 5-0 in previous games. It was 50-1 or something mad like that. 

52 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Had Livi to beat us 4-0 once in the glorious Kenny era. We’d lost 3-0 and 5-0 in previous games. It was 50-1 or something mad like that. 

I sadly wasn't one of those who were on Pars 7 Cowdenbeath 1 after we'd won 4-1, 5-1 then 6-1 in the previous three games. Don't think I've ever heard a bigger cheer for a consolation goal before when it was 7-0 in injury time.

On this one, we've reinforced with 2 defenders and a forward in the window which also helps the midfield as Hamilton and Otoo can now play in there. We might even have more subs than Morton for this one (though 2 of them might be the aforementioned Sutherland brothers). To be honest as long as we get this game out the way to avoid that guy Cowshed and his awful patter, any result will be a win.

32 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

On this one, we've reinforced with 2 defenders and a forward in the window which also helps the midfield as Hamilton and Otoo can now play in there. We might even have more subs than Morton for this one (though 2 of them might be the aforementioned Sutherland brothers). To be honest as long as we get this game out the way to avoid that guy Cowshed and his awful patter, any result will be a win.

Nearly 50 years after leaving Glasgow Uni, when I see those two words, the next word that comes into my head is "Quiver".  That probably means nothing to anyone who didn't spend Saturday nights at the (then ) GU Men's Union.

Don't want to tempt fate, but I think we should do better in this game than in the previous 2 games against Dunfermline this season.  We're on a decent run and more or less free from injuries (Quitongo apart) so it should at least be a fairly evenly matched game.  Can't make this one sadly.  Tempted to put money on Crawford first scorer though.