Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Nearly 50 years after leaving Glasgow Uni, when I see those two words, the next word that comes into my head is "Quiver".  That probably means nothing to anyone who didn't spend Saturday nights at the (then ) GU Men's Union.

Don't want to tempt fate, but I think we should do better in this game than in the previous 2 games against Dunfermline this season.  We're on a decent run and more or less free from injuries (Quitongo apart) so it should at least be a fairly evenly matched game.  Can't make this one sadly.  Tempted to put money on Crawford first scorer though.

Saw Sutherland Bros & Quiver @ Glasgow City Halls ..I think their one and only hit (a minor one) was " The Pie."

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Had Livi to beat us 4-0 once in the glorious Kenny era. We’d lost 3-0 and 5-0 in previous games. It was 50-1 or something mad like that. 

Before the 5-0 game I put a bet on that we would lose 4-0 at odds of 100-1. Was bloody livid when the 5th went in.

Dunfermline have won both games so far so have to be respected, and if we play in the same lethargic manner as the last two games then we will actually get punished this time and lose, possibly by a convincing margin. That said, we have every reason to be hopeful that performance levels will be lifted - possibly a few changes to team selection - and if we can get back to our best then there's a decent chance of getting a result. Having a points cushion going into this game makes the outcome not hugely negative even if the unbeaten run goes. 

A draw would be a good result to consolidate our position overall. 

2 minutes ago, madton said:

Is there still a car park behind the stadium that away fans can use or is there a better place to park?

Any help, much appreciated.

Club car park still there, you can also use the public car park on leys park road for free but it will take ages to get out.  Plenty Street parking is available either going up garvock hill or use bellyeoman and go through the cemetery to the ground 

If you're early enough, just park in Ronaldson Grove just the other side of the old Shell garage.

Might not be the best if you're heading west mind, its great for a swift exit onto the M90.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Is there still a car park behind the stadium that away fans can use or is there a better place to park?

The answer to this question should always be  bellyeoman car park, so away fans can suffer like everyone else parking there that stays the full 90. It's free for a reason.  That reason being it is the most frustrating car park in Scotland to get out of after a game.

Edited by Frazd103

On 31/01/2024 at 07:06, Wacky said:

Sounds like there’s an underlying story here, can you inform us Pars fans of this as it may alter our decisions at the bookies. 
thanks in advance 

It came from me Wacky. I made my concerns known over a year ago that I felt Dougie seemed to have something against our academy graduates.

Several other posters voiced similar concerns at the time. It got to the point when I lost the plot a few months ago and went on a horrendous personal rant against Dougie. After this all the other Ton forum posters completely closed in on me and left me as the lone voice with this concern, eventually resulting in me being barred from the forum.
Dougie quite recently turned this around, stating he is not scared to field academy players. However the other posters are claiming this was Dougie’s policy right from the start, which I strongly refute.

I’ve always added the caveat that this was the only aspect of his management policies that concerned me, however this was completely disregarded in the witch hunt that saw me kicked out.

28 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

It came from me Wacky. I made my concerns known over a year ago that I felt Dougie seemed to have something against our academy graduates.

Several other posters voiced similar concerns at the time. It got to the point when I lost the plot a few months ago and went on a horrendous personal rant against Dougie. After this all the other Ton forum posters completely closed in on me and left me as the lone voice with this concern, eventually resulting in me being barred from the forum.
Dougie quite recently turned this around, stating he is not scared to field academy players. However the other posters are claiming this was Dougie’s policy right from the start, which I strongly refute.

I’ve always added the caveat that this was the only aspect of his management policies that concerned me, however this was completely disregarded in the witch hunt that saw me kicked out.

I like this fella. Clearly loves his club, but goes against the narrative. Well done mate, fuckin well done. 

Problem with P&B it's full of wanky puesdo fans who are in their wee sub cliques dispensing their collective wisdom, which is more often than not, questionable. This relates to all clubs. Fit in, or be like the tiny wee guy in the playground. 

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Stop making things up.

You made a ridiculous claim, got your arse handed to you, and didn’t have the sense or decency to admit you were wrong.

No one’s ganging up on you.

Stop talking pish.

6 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I’m new to P&B and don’t use any other social media platforms. I do read the two other Pars forums out there, and one thing I’ve noticed is if you stick your head above the parapet you’re making a target of it. That said though, I’ve also seen that if others agree with you they’ll either say so or stay silent. However, if others disagree then you have to expect that they will call you out on it. Then there’s the so called cliques. I’ve seen some evidence of this on dotnet, but is it really a thing? Could it just be a case of many disagreeing with you while others that may agree simply staying silent? 
My kids warned me that sites like this could become ugly if many disagree with you, and told me that I’ll need a tough exterior if/when they do. 
I admire you standing up for yourself and sticking to your guns, but if so many of your fellow supporters are disagreeing with you to the extent they are stating you’re telling porkies, then maybe you should consider re-evaluating the evidence you have on the subject? 
As I’ve said above, I’m was just nosy and was wondering why so many of your fellow supporters was hitting the dislike button on your posts? It suggests to me that you have maybe gotten something horribly wrong, and refuse to see others point of view on it. 

8 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

You're embarrassing yourself. Again.

14 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Well your nickname ''The Ton'' is the laziest, most unimaginative,  pishy nickname in Scottish football.

I'd argue "The Saints/Saintees" is lazier and unimaginative etc.

There's plenty of more examples.

15 hours ago, madton said:

Leys Park. It's 1st left off the roundabout at the Police Station, then 1st right, you'll see it. Park there, walk to the east end of the carpark toward the stadium, jobs a good un. It'll take no more than 10 minutes to get out post match. Parking anywhere in Garvock means you're dealing with pedestrian and vehicular traffic.