Injury ridden Pars v Best form in the League Morton

26 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Assume there are no fears of broken pipes or floods for other reasons today?

Fair bit of flooding in the KY1 area last night but nothing to affect us.

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

Could it just be a case of many disagreeing with you while others that may agree simply staying silent? 
My kids warned me that sites like this could become ugly if many disagree with you, and told me that I’ll need a tough exterior if/when they do. 

That’s pretty much what has happened Wacky. Dougie recently said he hopes “the few” who criticised his policy on academy graduates will shut up now, after he started giving development players a fair chance.
The only difference between myself and the rest of “the few” is that I have stuck to my guns while they have all fallen silent regarding their previous concerns. 

I’m delighted that Dougie has turned this around, but I refuse to lie about my original concerns having foundation, which is why I was barred from our fans’ forum. 
If I didn’t have those concerns over a year ago, then why would I choose to express them on the Morton Forum?

People don't pile on you because of your view on his team selection or squad management. They might disagree with you, but that's not where this stems from.

It's because of the fantasy world you live in where you have friends on the board who took your concerns to Imrie, who've made him re-evaluate his "policy" on young players, and that you have lived first hand experiences of such transgressions because of your own failure to break into Dutch professional football. 

It's occasionally funny because of how absurd it is, but it's tiresome.

11 minutes ago, Mon eh Ton said:

People don't pile on you because of your view on his team selection or squad management. They might disagree with you, but that's not where this stems from.

It's because of the fantasy world you live in where you have friends on the board who took your concerns to Imrie, who've made him re-evaluate his "policy" on young players, and that you have lived first hand experiences of such transgressions because of your own failure to break into Dutch professional football. 

Nah, he was already marked out as a total fanny before this recent Walter Mitty exercise. 

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nah, he was already marked out as a total fanny before this recent Walter Mitty exercise. 

This is the type of abuse I’ve been getting regularly on the Morton Forum. Anything I’ve said related to youth development has been routinely branded a lie, with various derogatory adjectives attached. The “Walter Mitty” story was me telling the forum that, during a failed trial period at Den Haag, I saw how players of all age groups were integrated into the club environment. My point was that we could learn from that approach, but again everyone focussed on my trial, saying it was a lie. My point on integrating youth did not get a single response, despite the fact we were having a debate on youth development. At least two other posters cited their similar experiences at clubs as part of the debate, but they were not questioned in any way about the truth of their experiences. 
I’ll leave this for now so people can discuss today’s match. 

Anyways, back to the game. My Pars XI:

Mehmet

Fagan-Walcott, Fisher, Otoo

MOH, Chalmers, Hamilton, Edwards

Summers

McCann, Wighton

For the most part, I would reward the squad from last week. Moffat could be swapped in for any of forward players but I don't like him and Summers both playing so unfortunately I've got him dropping out. 

With a couple of new boys in the squad, Wighton, McCann and MOH all under scrutiny today. Holmes to swap in for Wighton or McCann if they arent threatening and I'd be having a look at Xavier in place of MOH.

With bigger squad and some players returning from injury soon, can't hide behind injuries for much longer. Need results. I'd accept a point today as long as performance is encouraging, but really, 3 points would be great way to end a good week and draw a line under last few months. 

On the Pars!

36 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

This is the type of abuse I’ve been getting regularly on the Morton Forum. Anything I’ve said related to youth development has been routinely branded a lie, with various derogatory adjectives attached. The “Walter Mitty” story was me telling the forum that, during a failed trial period at Den Haag, I saw how players of all age groups were integrated into the club environment. My point was that we could learn from that approach, but again everyone focussed on my trial, saying it was a lie. My point on integrating youth did not get a single response, despite the fact we were having a debate on youth development. At least two other posters cited their similar experiences at clubs as part of the debate, but they were not questioned in any way about the truth of their experiences. 
I’ll leave this for now so people can discuss today’s match. 

This blubbering version of events might fool a couple of Dunfermline fans - nobody who has actually read your nonsense is buying it though. 

Not to mention your vile personal abuse directed towards the manager, which you noticeably omitted from your latest, fantasy island version of events. 

FFS what has happened to him now? This season has been a total cluster-f*ck for injuries. Comrie, Bene, Breen, Fisher all out for fucking ages. All first-starters. Thankfully we have made a couple loan signings but fook sake. 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I don't think there's a clique of Pars fans on here, infact on the whole most are able to still debate without having a temper tantrum such is the world these days. 

That’s completely true - and FWIW it’s the same with supporters of all clubs on here. There’s good banter which is meant (and taken) in good spirit the vast majority of the time. And it’s always great to see supporters posting comments like “Fair play on the win, you deserved the result”. It’s pretty civilised on the whole.

39 minutes ago, Wacky said:

FFS. 
Fisher out injured for 4 to 6 weeks. Got this straight from the assistant manager 

What a joke this is.

To be fair, the managers pre match interview sounded positive - every injured player is back running. Comrie, Matty Todd are further ahead. Kane running but the injury was his shoulder so it’ll have its own timescale, then Bene. I think the one expected to be at the back of the pack is Breeny.

57 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not to mention your vile personal abuse directed towards the manager, which you noticeably omitted from your latest, fantasy island version of events. 

Last word on this because it’s a match thread and Morton discussions aren’t fair to either the thread OP or Pars supporters in general. But I’ll just put this out there for reference;

IMG_4677.jpeg.c4cab90b36ed3de000feaf6c136e1b33.jpeg