Super Bowl LVIII

lichtie23

📅- 11th February

🕰️- 11.30pm

📍- Las Vegas, Nevada

🏟️- Allegiant Stadium 

Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

It all comes down to this. The Chiefs looking for their 2nd Super Bowl in a row while the 49ers looking to win their first title since 1994. This is a rematch of Super Bowl LIV where the Chiefs staged a 4th quarter comeback to win 31-20 in Miami 

IMG_0471.webp

IMG_0472.jpeg

IMG_0473.jpeg

41 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It all comes down to this. The Chiefs looking for their 2nd Super Bowl in a row while the 49ers looking to win their first title since 1994. This is a rematch of Super Bowl LIV where the Chiefs staged a 4th quarter comeback to win 31-20 in Miami 

All because Shanahan wanted to make Jimmy G look good and started throwing the ball instead of continuing to run it all over the Chiefs D.

My Mrs finds it odd that I don't always watch the SB despite watching every week of the season til that point , this is probably another one that's in the balance, not sure I want to stay up til 3am to watch either of these win. 

If the Lions had made it I could have got behind them. 

29 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

More importantly……what’s everyone doing for food? 

Probably the usual Monday morning coffee and toast with jam for me! 

American Airlines has now announced special flight numbers available a couple of days from (KC to Vegas) before the Stupid Bowl. Flight 1989 (Taylor Swift album name and birth year), Flight 87 (Travis’s #), Flight 15 (Patrick’s #j and Flight 1521 (Patrick and Edwards #’s).

The 49ers defense was almost it's undoing last night, defending the run in particular has been poor all season. There has been a big drop off from the days of Saleh and Ryans with largely the same personnel. 

I feel like the Chase Young trade has been a bit of a letdown and Hargrave hasn't had the impact I hoped for. Bosa got a couple of sacks last night but has been underwhelming by his normally exceptional standards. Can't help but feel a lot of the sub par performances from the defence is down to the change in DC. As I said on the managerial merry-go-round thread I wouldn't be fussed if Wilks got a HC job at the end of the season (though it seems unlikely now). 

20 minutes ago, RiG said:

I feel like the Chase Young trade has been a bit of a letdown and Hargrave hasn't had the impact I hoped for. Bosa got a couple of sacks last night but has been underwhelming by his normally exceptional standards. Can't help but feel a lot of the sub par performances from the defence is down to the change in DC. As I said on the managerial merry-go-round thread I wouldn't be fussed if Wilks got a HC job at the end of the season (though it seems unlikely now). 

I hope I'm wrong but I've always felt Wilks got the job because he might be worth a compensatory draft pick further down the road rather than his abilities as a DC.

On 29/01/2024 at 10:30, lichtie23 said:

More importantly……what’s everyone doing for food? 

Same as every year some Coors light and hotdogs 😎

Spoiler

I know I know

55 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog, Sir Patrick Stewart and Drew Barrymore being in a Superbowl ad wasn't on my bingo card.

That is absolutely sensational. 

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Knuckles from Sonic the Hedgehog, Sir Patrick Stewart and Drew Barrymore being in a Superbowl ad wasn't on my bingo card.

I’d pay good money to see that advert extended to see Peppa Pig smashed into the side of a mountain.