Super Bowl LVIII

lichtie23

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Were they just showing off at the end letting the clock run?

I've no idea, I was saying I couldn't understand why they didn't burn a time out to give themselves two shots. Maybe they didn't want to give the defence time to settle though? Who knows. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Were they just showing off at the end letting the clock run?

There would have been a “second quarter” to play so they didn’t need to take a time out.

1 minute ago, HoBNob said:

I've no idea, I was saying I couldn't understand why they didn't burn a time out to give themselves two shots. Maybe they didn't want to give the defence time to settle though? Who knows. 

If the clock hit 0 it goes to a second quarter, they had 4 shots if they wanted them

Just now, itzdrk said:

No, before it. 

Well at worst they have a FG shot to tie and extend, which you normally take with no time on the clock anyway.  I think they just felt that they had one play they were 100% confident they could score with, so there's no really need to rush in/out of the huddle and put more pressure on yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I remember saying about half way through the season on here that I thought  this KC team was actually better than any of the previous ones that won the SB, because they were all 100% O, whereas this one was a combination of great D and enough O. Still doesn't mean I'm happy about the final outcome though.

Yep this year they had the defense to take them through games and then Mahomes was there to step in if plan A failed.

This year felt different because of how little coverage I felt they got in terms of their SB prospects (obvs the Swift coverage went a bit overboard). They were just sort of disregarded because of how they started and how bad their offense looked outside the 2 big names.

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Chiefs haters in tears right now.

r/Chargers will be spewing, which I've never understood because as a Chargers fan the only other team of any relevance is the Raiders. KC and Denver are just a couple of other AFC outfits who happen to play in the West. Honestly don't feel anything in particular about either of them.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

People will point at Moody as costing the 49ers the win, but the bigger special teams f**k up was the muffed punt return. Chiefs hadn't got near scoring a TD until that point.

I also thought it was weird they sorta abandoned the run for a long time. Maybe playing too safe with the dink and dunk stuff.