Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

357 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

What would be the point of that though? 

Unless they are thinking that relegation is a real possibility (it's not), he isn't going to sort out anything long term and would stop a new guy from doing just that in time for next season. 

The ideal candidate may not want to take the job mid-season.

28 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

What's Toni Kombouare doing these days?

Probably sunning himself on the cotes de azure, and saying to his misses, fancy the Beech Boulevard?

He looks and says "me neither pass me the factor 40" 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Usual list of no hopers and serious candidates apply.

Derek Adams needs to be added to the list, perfect job for him to jump ship to. Doesn't want to be at County and Aberdeen have the bigger budget for him to show what he can do.

Spoiler

Plus it would be a good laugh for all non sheep fans.

This may seem like a crazy idea to Dave Cormack but it might be worth just employing an actual experienced football manager for a change.

My guess/assumption is that experienced managers won’t go near this job possibly due to the chairman. Feel as if he would always want a “yes” man.

48 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

From that list, Alex Neill tbf looks like a good move ... at least he'd know from the start that the very best he could ever be is 3rd.

I reckon if I'd taken Hamilton to the top of the Premiership, there'd be a part of me thinking I could get Aberdeen to finish second.

Edited by DiegoDiego

It's an interesting one. The fact that Robson got it last time (like Naismith at Hearts), hints at the probability that nobody of any note wanted the job. Hearts strongly hinted at this when defending Naismith, and said they'd basically had f**k all good candidates and had spoken to Aberdeen who had said the same.

Not sure what's changed for Aberdeen (or Hearts) to hope to attract better now.

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Yip they’d have him back in a heartbeat. 
Slight negative - hints of a long ball reputation?

I think the challenge might be getting him to come up there. Doing well at Aberdeen could absolutely take his career onto the next level, but doing badly in Scotland has put a bullet in the head of a lot of managers that appeared to be promising. 

Glass, Goodwin and Robson with Aberdeen; Ross, Heckingbottom & Moloney with Hibs; most of the same guys + Mellon and Fox at United.

Maybe they're all just shite, maybe they're all just bad appointments. Or maybe managing in Scotland is a fucking tough gig and you're more likely to fail than not. If you're Eustace, are you looking at a list of similar-ish guys who have tried it up here and are now nowhere to be seen and/or in the Scottish Championship?