Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

357 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, tarapoa said:

He's also got previous with McInnes (who apparently dislikes him a lot).

Remarkable stuff.  The smirk on Warnock's face at the end rounds it all off.  Would be good entertainment to see some needle between him and McInnes now that the bold Neil is up here.

3 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Potentially different on a non OF budget though -which could be why the rest of the top flight are generally hesitant to appoint a foreign coach with a style alien to the game here. I'd even argue that Glass failed with us partly because the realities of what games here are like was lost on him when he brought his philosophy over.

Glass played over 300 games in Scotland, the reason he failed is because he was underqualified and shite, and only got the job because he was pals with your daft chairman.

It is box office, but I think it's also an annoyingly sensible appointment. He's proven just about everywhere he's been (albeit usually in the English Championship) that he can deliver results in the short term and he's the right sort of personality to lift the mood around the club.

If he can get them into Europe then they'll also be on a stronger footing to bring a new manager in in the summer than they are now.

After all the hype about this being box office I can guarantee he'll finish 5th or 6th with very little controversy or excitement. 

I think this is a great appointment for Aberdeen and to be honest (even though it wouldn’t help my team) if I was an Aberdeen fan I’d be hoping it goes well enough that you can convince him to stay longer.

I think Warnock is the type who will have real respect and knowledge for the game and level of quality up here. 

I’m really surprised the Aberdeen fans are doubting this one. Even with the planned short-term appointment I’m not too sure who you could’ve got that was better suited to this.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Got pointed out to me ages ago that Neil Warnock doesn’t have any eyebrows and it’s all I can see now whenever I see a picture of him 

His hairline makes it look like he is bald, but is standing directly in front of a slightly taller person with hair.

17 hours ago, tarapoa said:

He's also got previous with McInnes (who apparently dislikes him a lot).

The interview at the end of the game is brilliant "proud at the effort from the lads" 😂

If youre going to have 5 months of dead rubber football, you might aswell do something like this. 

48 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't see there being any middle ground here. 

It will either work out to be an inspired appointment for 5 months, or it will be an unmitigated disaster. 

After his three previous efforts surely this one will pay off for Dave?