Airdrie v Hearts

1 minute ago, Aylo vanal said:

Thanks.

Any places to leave the car once said security measures have been taken.

Loads of residential streets nearby, and the lidls next to the ground can be used too.

I hope Hearts do play Craig Gordon.  Any way you slice it he's been one of the best Scottish footballers of the century so far, especially when you consider his professionalism and determination to come back from dreadful injuries and keep playing well at a high level for so long.  You want to see your team competing with the best.  No disrespect to Zander Clark, but I'd love players like Gallagher or Todorov to be able to say they scored past Craig Gordon.

Hearts are and should be massive favourites, but we're in good form and as an @Crùbag would no doubt agree, tha Cothrom na Fèinne ann an còmhnaidh.  They'll clearly be the best team we've played for a couple of seasons, led by a striker who is battering down the doors of the national team's Euro squad, so realistically we're looking at decent payday and hoping for a good performance.  The thing about the Cup, though, is that you never know... It's a free hit, and sometimes a free hit goes for six.

16 hours ago, FozzysFence said:

Airdrie were our bogey team, that's right. This lot are Clydebank though, so no worries on that front

You will find out if you bothered checking that Clydebank are a non-league Team !

Airdrieonians are a Championship Team - typical big baws Team, don't bother checking anything below Premier League!

No fucking about here please. Aside from the obvious reasons, I don't really trust Celtic or Rangers not to f**k up our (probable) Euro spot, so we need to make sure we're the team taking advantage if that happens.

Expecting it to be a struggle on the basis that most of our games this season have been and there haven't been many Championship/Premiership encounters where the latter has dished out a hiding so far.

11 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

Any parking tips from the locals?

This is probably the biggest attendance we've had for a home game since Rangers were in the lower leagues so for parking my advice is to get there in plenty of time. Normally you'd be ok parking in the Lidl but I could see them having traffic management in place tomorrow. Lady Wilson Street (ML6 9NA) is a nice wide road to park in I used before the Lidl was built.

10 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Looking at the league table and Airdrie seem to have a decent defence but they need to score more goals if they want to win games.

I will go for 2-0 to Hearts, both goals coming in the 2nd half. Forrest and Shankland.

You're correct, with the exception of Arbroath away this season we are well in every game we play but we do lack quality in attacking areas. The vast majority of our games are a single goal win or defeat as we don't lose many but don't score many either.

I think it will be a good game overall but hard not to see Hearts winning with Shankland up front.

Bit of a trivia question,  when was the last time someone sat in the South stand Petersburn Rd end,   we have the good people of Edinburgh coming through to clean it with their arses, (don't where white jeans). ( Do people still wear white jeans???).  

What year and event was the stand last used .....  🚀

26 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Bit of a trivia question,  when was the last time someone sat in the South stand Petersburn Rd end,   we have the good people of Edinburgh coming through to clean it with their arses, (don't where white jeans). ( Do people still wear white jeans???).  

What year and event was the stand last used .....  🚀

For an Airdrie game I think it would have been trophy day against Morton in 2004, unless Rangers got that stand as well when they were in the league with us.  But your rocket makes me think you're refering to the Elton John gig, which my parents went to and very much enjoyed.  Cannae mind the year, though.

39 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

For an Airdrie game I think it would have been trophy day against Morton in 2004, unless Rangers got that stand as well when they were in the league with us.  But your rocket makes me think you're refering to the Elton John gig, which my parents went to and very much enjoyed.  Cannae mind the year, though.

Just having a bit of fun to calm the pre-match nerves,  the rocket was a red herring,  Elton John used 3 stands, the Petersburn Rd end was where the stage was and was empty......